Nice white 88.5 on the bay

Ray G

VERY VERY NICE! I love the interior, also notice that the rear seems to be sitting a little higher than a certain "other" white/white 88.5 owned by a board member...

Anything specific about the MY 1988.5? Other than the fact it was right before the anniversary edition.

I like it too. No room at my house at this time.

Anything specific about the MY 1988.5? Other than the fact it was right before the anniversary edition.

I like it too. No room at my house at this time.

All the best features of the 89.... None of the CRAP. (well... Unless youre not a "side skirt lover" like me)

fcuking gorgeous!

VERY VERY NICE! I love the interior, also notice that the rear seems to be sitting a little higher than a certain "other" white/white 88.5 owned by a board member...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's to activate the nitrous.

That's what I was fearing!

NO NITROUS !!!!!!!

Retro rockets? Just kidding. Based on what the last few 88.5's have done, this ones got to bring $100k++, especially with that interior combination. Nice car Tom!

That's to activate the nitrous.

No, it's probably a switch to knock out his taillamp signature at night. I had one just like it on my 87.

Bianca y rosso is pretty hot :icon_thumleft:

Tom, did you modify the throttle bodies? Any dyno runs? I would like to see a closer picture of that area if possible with your duct work. Looks good. Thanks, Andy

Reserve not met at $78.100. This might have something to do with the ugly bumpers to do, but as I have stated in a few treads before, I think there are a few people thinking their cars is a BIT more worth than they really are. Someone might put a high reserve since they really don`t want to sell (just checking the market, or looking for big spenders), but this starts to show what the right price for the buyers is. All the "not correct" models (other models than LP400 and LP400S1 low body) is obviously not worth much over $80.000 at auctions.. Even cars alledgedly in pristine condition.

All the "not correct" models (other models than LP400 and LP400S1 low body) is obviously not worth much over $80.000 at auctions.. Even cars alledgedly in pristine condition.

?????????????????????

LP400 and S1 low is worth more than $80.000 we know for a fact, but in the ad it is stated this car is in pristine condition, and even that is obviously not enough for this car to pass $80.000.

Although white is a nice color on a Countach, something tells me it would have brought much more if it was Red or even black. 15K more would not surprise me.

It's rare to see a Countach actually sell on ebay. Most never hit reserve, even when it's reasonable. A dog Countach will easily sell for 75k, a nice one like this much more. He probably should have shill bidded it so that everyone would be convinced of it's worth. Just my 2 cents from watching the Countach market over the last two years.

I had one concern. The owner came on here and made only one post to say that the switch on the dash was not for nitrous. He never actually told us what the switch was for and never answered anybody else's questions. He took the time to register on here and post "no nitrous" but couldn't elaborate. That's odd. That could have more to do with it than anything else. Nice, especially pristine CT's that are stock are going for over 80k easily.

Update:

I did just look at the auction again. He did give his telephone number so he did seem to make himself available. Though it still would have been nice to see more details posted.

Timing is everything......two months ago this car would have sold for 90grand.

Roys downdraft bid only went to 100, this car 78 and the white one before it 72!!!

I agree, I think the market has cooled on the CT.....

So does that mean you are willing to sell the DD below the six figure mark????? :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

I don't think so.

I suspect that the market for the Countach is just taking a pause. This could represent one of the better times to by a CT. If the USA drops interest rates over the next 6 months, it will ease economic tensions, probably bring capital back into the stock market and within a year you could see prices spike back upward.

By the way, I was going through some old magazines and found the November 82 Road and Track with the Jalpa road test.

In the classified section there was a 71 Muira SV for sale at $67,500.00 and a 66 Ferrari275GTB 6C for $44,500.00.

I can tell you neither of these cars are selling for those prices today.

In twenty years those who don't buy now will be looking at the current prices and saying "Damn, I remember when I could have got a Countach for only $80-120k.

But if you really want to blow one of those DD's out the door, let me know.

By the way, I was going through some old magazines and found the November 82 Road and Track with the Jalpa road test.

In the classified section there was a 71 Muira SV for sale at $67,500.00

It's not as bad as it sounds. If you invested that $67,500.00 in the stock market in 1982 when Dow was sitting at 777, you would have well above $1,000,000.00 today, and that would buy you a nice Miura SV. :)

It's not as bad as it sounds. If you invested that $67,500.00 in the stock market in 1982 when Dow was sitting at 777, you would have well above $1,000,000.00 today, and that would buy you a nice Miura SV. :)

True. That's why I invest in the markets.