F430 vs G Spider

boytronic

Although I'm a Murcie fan I drove an F430 Spider on track and thought it was a brilliant car - everything about it performance-wise was spot on...

Now I haven't driven an 06+ G Spider - so is there anyone whos driven both who can give an opinion as to which they prefer and why?

Both F430 and Gallardo Spider drive very well. Gallardo is built better, and is far better looking. No contest in my book.

Although I'm a Murcie fan I drove an F430 Spider on track and thought it was a brilliant car - everything about it performance-wise was spot on...

Now I haven't driven an 06+ G Spider - so is there anyone whos driven both who can give an opinion as to which they prefer and why?

Never driven a 430 spider but I have an '07 G spyder. I'm with allan as far as looks. The 430 to me looks like a revamped 360. :icon_oak: :icon_oak: :icon_oak:

Both F430 and Gallardo Spider drive very well. Gallardo is built better, and is far better looking. No contest in my book.

im with Allan on this one..

I do not know but i like F430 design.(much better than coupe). G spider is good also but imo Gallardo is better in coupe chassis especially SE version

IMO, the F430 is acceptable as a coupe, but as a spider the front valence looks too big, and the side intakes look out of place, go with the gallardo, its better looking, does everything just as well and is available NOW.

Having driven both, here is my impression:

Styling:

Gallardo Spyder wins hands down. I think it is the best looking convertible on the market. This car is dead sexy. Top up, or top down, the G Spyder is rolling art. I think this where the G Spyder really sets itself apart from the F430.

Handling:

Gallardo has more sure footed cornering, but the steering on the F430 is lighter and more precise. The F430 feels more nimble than the Gallardo Spyder. This is mostly due to the AWD system. But, if you say that you like the Murcielago, I'm sure you will will like the handling of the Gallardo Spyder (the Murci is the least nimble of the 3 cars, by quite a margin). That said, the F430 is more nimble, and I prefer this type of handling.

Sound (Engine/Exhaust):

Both cars sound great. The G Spyders sound very mean and visceral, whereas the F430 Spiders sound a little more refined. I prefer the sound of the G Spyder.

Quality:

Pretty close, but the edge goes slightly to the Gallardo Spyder (paint quality is slightly better, build quality slightly better, and feels a bit more solid on the road).

Interior:

Both interiors are nice, but I do prefer the sport seats offered in the F430. The electronics and creature comforts of the Gallardo are far above the F430. I'd have to give the slight edge to the F430 in this area.

Rear Window:

The glass rear window on the Gallardo Spyder is way better than the plastic window on the F430 Spider. I can't stand the fact that the F430 Spider has a plastic rear window.

Acceleration:

Both cars are very close, with the Lambo having more torque. Also, the Lambo feels as though it breathes better in the upper rpm ranges at higher speeds.

Customer Service:

I have always found Lambo to be superior to Ferrari in this area.

In summary, I think the Lambo wins on all counts, with the possible close exceptions of handling and interior. But in all other areas, I think the Gallardo Spyder is superior, and I am expecting mine next week! I think they are both great cars and very close in many ways, but the styling is way nicer on the Lambo.

Look at this video featuring the G Spider: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Q4cuDLiPc

my shit is organic too, that doesnt make it good looking :D

the design of the F430's rear is nice but the front is too lumpy. the headlights and air intakes dont flow with one another, the former is vertical while the latter is horizontal. this is true for the Gallardo too but the air intakes are not wide enough to ruin it's look. the 360 didnt have this problem and in turn is a much better looking car imo.

Gallardo

Looks better

Better exhaust

Easier to drive (or at least my wife thinks so)

Much better grip in the wet/ice

Interior looks fantastic (if you have branding and carbon pack)

Better hi-fi navigation

Much more exclusive

Feels very fast at 100

No storage space

Ferrari 430

Handles better

Faster between 50-100

Fantastic brakes (if you have the CC option)

Much more comfortable (if you have race seats)

F1 gearbox is easier than e-gear to drive in busy city traffic

Infact the F1 box is just better than the e-gear

Doesn’t feel fast at 100 – which means it can be very license threatening

Much more storage space

All in all I think of my cars the Ferrari is a better car - this is particularly true when you take it to a racetrack

However you need to bear in mind that my 430 has CCB, race seats, dual tone leather, C back – ie >$45,000 of extras

The Gallardo Spyder also has a lot of extras but these are more focused on the look – ie branding pack, full carbon package, wheels, leather pack

I really like the 430, but for me the winning aspects are the CC brakes and the race seats

Of course the other issue is that if you want a new one to your own spec then your only choice is the Lambo since buying a new Ferrari is a whole art on its own

post-4545-1179084162_thumb.jpg

post-4545-1179084204_thumb.jpg

both those pictures show HOW much better looking the Gallardo is.

looking at the first picture, everything on the Gallardo has purpose in terms of design. it was put there for functionality but to also allow the design to flow. one peice leads to another (ie, the opening to the exhausts, to the air outlets above then to the tail lights, it all flows). on the F430 however, then you look at left side of the exhaust pipe openings (not the pipes themselves, just the opening in the bumper) and follow it up to the top, you would expect that it would line up with the Challenge rear grill, however, it doesnt. also, the tail lights and challenge grill just do not go together.

in the photo, point A and point B do not line up, nor do they have any sort of edge to lead them into one another. these are only a couple things that I can point out right now.

post-2638-1179112246_thumb.jpg

I can appreciate your opinion and the fact that you're hyped to get your new Spyder but I personally think the F430 has a very nice, organic style whereas the Gallardo looks like oragami.

Styling is strictly a matter of opinion. Some dudes wear plaid pants and think it's cool.

Not that I really care what anyone else thinks, but Top Gear voted the G Spyder the best looking car on the planet. The F430 Spider wasn't even something they talked about (in terms of styling beauty).

All in all I think of my cars the Ferrari is a better car - this is particularly true when you take it to a racetrack

However you need to bear in mind that my 430 has CCB, race seats, dual tone leather, C back – ie >$45,000 of extras

The Gallardo Spyder also has a lot of extras but these are more focused on the look – ie branding pack, full carbon package, wheels, leather pack

I really like the 430, but for me the winning aspects are the CC brakes and the race seats

Of course the other issue is that if you want a new one to your own spec then your only choice is the Lambo since buying a new Ferrari is a whole art on its own

Your points make sense, but we are talking about the Spyder here. The Spyder is really a cruising car. CC brakes and other stuff really has no place on a Spyder (in my opinion).

If you are talking about a coupe, or even a track car, then CC brakes make sense. But when are you going to push a convertible to the limits that need CC brakes? Convertibles are all about cruising, enjoying the good weather and some spirited driving.

Your points make sense, but we are talking about the Spyder here. The Spyder is really a cruising car. CC brakes and other stuff really has no place on a Spyder (in my opinion).

If you are talking about a coupe, or even a track car, then CC brakes make sense. But when are you going to push a convertible to the limits that need CC brakes? Convertibles are all about cruising, enjoying the good weather and some spirited driving.

The last time I was at Silverstone there was a 430 spider with ccb and raceseats and he was really pushing it

But for a spyder in general and given that the best Ferrari options arn't available in the US I would say the Gallardo is the better choice

I would take the F430 spider over the Gallardo anyday. I love the gallardo but compared to the F430 in my book the f430 is pure sex. Also some people were saying G is better build quality than the F430, but i drove an f430 and no problems whatsoever with anything, but people on the tread were saying their lambos don't work well after they wash is, and engine lights come on, and seatbelts getting wet. So in my OPINION I would take the f430 over the Gallardo.

indexCA9EPCXW.jpg

indexCASEYOQN.jpg

indexCAGF036U.jpg

f2.jpg

f1.jpg

This 430 is sooo hot, even has the dealer plate on it!

Yes the F430 is hot, but so is the gallardo spyder.

untitled.bmp

gallardo_20060918_003.jpg

gallardo_20060918_002.jpg

Im a car nut as well and these pics make me sad but its not just ferraris that burn.

And yes the f430 was modded but only with rims. So please get some black on black gallardo spyder and compare. F430 wins on this one. Now i saw a black on black murcie roadster, and that is the winner by far.

:iamwithstupid:

Yes the F430 is hot, but so is the gallardo spyder.

:lol2: , I remember that day. I couldn't believe my eyes. What pissed me off that day was traffic. EVERYONE was slowing down to stare at that shit. God, it happened, please continue on with your life. They stared at if as if something else was going to happen, like Jack Bauer was going to come out of no where and cap someone. Yes, the car is on fire, and yes, it is going to continue to burn until the fire department arrives :eusa_doh: . Sadly, it was one of the top stories on Bay Area news channels.

:lol2: , I remember that day. I couldn't believe my eyes. What pissed me off that day was traffic. EVERYONE was slowing down to stare at that shit. God, it happened, please continue on with your life. They stared at if as if something else was going to happen, like Jack Bauer was going to come out of no where and cap someone. Yes, the car is on fire, and yes, it is going to continue to burn until the fire department arrives :eusa_doh: . Sadly, it was one of the top stories on Bay Area news channels.

I would have probably slowed down like everybody else. Its not everyday you see a car on fire. I would have stared if it was a volkswagen.

I will call it human nature.

• 2 weeks later...