Well, the Lambo guys aren't gonna like it....

chuckd

Allan, no one is saying the LP will pull either SLR's, just pointing out the fact that a proper AWD launch will make a race much closer. A stock LP WILL leave a stock SLR behind from 0-60 if both are launched properly. From ANY roll the SLR will pull away. Hard.

:lol2: :lol2: You guys are killing me. In the above race, yes, it would have been closer, had the LP launched hard. How much closer do you possibly think it would have been? 5 car lengths? No matter what, it was still be absolutely ruined. And yet, you fail to see, that the SLR was not launched properly either! Do you have any idea how much left in it that SLR has? If she had literally floored it from the line, even with the traction control on, she would have been completely sideways down the road.

Ill will put money, that if you took the SLR, put proper tires on it, warmed up the tires by doing a burnout, it will beat the Lp640 off the line each and everytime no matter how the Lp is launched.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to get that Buick so I can race an SLR!.

:lol2: :lol2: You guys are killing me. In the above race, yes, it would have been closer, had the LP launched hard. How much closer do you possibly think it would have been? 5 car lengths? No matter what, it was still be absolutely ruined. And yet, you fail to see, that the SLR was not launched properly either! Do you have any idea how much left in it that SLR has? If she had literally floored it from the line, even with the traction control on, she would have been completely sideways down the road.

Ill will put money, that if you took the SLR, put proper tires on it, warmed up the tires by doing a burnout, it will beat the Lp640 off the line each and everytime no matter how the Lp is launched.

SLR with tires? DRs?

if im not mistaken the LP640 shares the same exhaust as the regular Murcielago, right? the thing with the LP640 is that you know were all the potential HP and weight saving mods are. you know how to shave off 200+ lbs off the Murcielago without even removing the awd system and since they are sharing the same exhaust, im guessing it would make significant power for the LP640 (you said in the dyno section that with exhaust one Murcielago was making 500 rwhp, no?)

either way, you should just get something already. if you keep waiting another murcielago will come, then another slr, the a Murcielago replacement then blah blah blah. get an SLR and kill an Enzo already!

when you make the next run from a roll, try doing dyno mode, just a lil tip as ESp will no longer be activated to modulate throttle once wheelspin sets in ;)

SLR with tires? DRs?

if im not mistaken the LP640 shares the same exhaust as the regular Murcielago, right? the thing with the LP640 is that you know were all the potential HP and weight saving mods are. you know how to shave off 200+ lbs off the Murcielago without even removing the awd system and since they are sharing the same exhaust, im guessing it would make significant power for the LP640 (you said in the dyno section that with exhaust one Murcielago was making 500 rwhp, no?)

either way, you should just get something already. if you keep waiting another murcielago will come, then another slr, the a Murcielago replacement then blah blah blah. get an SLR and kill an Enzo already!

Sure, you can change the exhaust on the Lp640. Youlll lose approx 100lbs, prob gain 30rwhp. Youll gain more than that on the SLR by changing the ECU. What happens when you do the supercharger pulley, exhaust, intake, intercoolers? :icon_mrgreen:

On the Murci as far as performance mods, youve basicly got exhaust, and air filters. Thats it. You can throw a 150shot of nitrous on it, and the modded SLR will still win...... by a long margin.

Here's a question.... do you guys REALLY believe the LP can do a 3.3 second 0 - 60? Of course, if you use the speedo on the LP, you'll only be doing about 54 when it says 60 anyway.

Oh, and I've test driven a Veyron.... it'll spank us all, for sure. It's just ugly and unimpressive to look at in person!

Here's a question.... do you guys REALLY believe the LP can do a 3.3 second 0 - 60? Of course, if you use the speedo on the LP, you'll only be doing about 54 when it says 60 anyway.

Oh, and I've test driven a Veyron.... it'll spank us all, for sure. It's just ugly and unimpressive to look at in person!

Hilarious!!!

great job on the vids and the info, the 722 is sick (as we have heard from BMWRACER), keep posting and letting everyone duke it out!!!!

beautiful stable.

several magazines have done 0-60 in 3.3 seconds with the egear system. one has even done 3.2. try doing a launch with the Thrust mode thingy. there will be a slight delay before the clutch engages, so you gonna floor it slighly before the person says "go" :D

Allan, SLR or LP, it will be a spec in the mirror. the LP640 still looks and sounds the best :icon_mrgreen: and has the coolest doors ;)

several magazines have done 0-60 in 3.3 seconds with the egear system. one has even done 3.2. try doing a launch with the Thrust mode thingy. there will be a slight delay before the clutch engages, so you gonna floor it slighly before the person says "go" :D

Allan, SLR or LP, it will be a spec in the mirror. the LP640 still looks and sounds the best :icon_mrgreen: and has the coolest doors ;)

Actually I disagree on the doors. The SLR doors when you open them, pretty much go up by themselves.

Actually I disagree on the doors. The SLR doors when you open them, pretty much go up by themselves.

took weak to open them? :icon_mrgreen:

you're getting old dude! auto-doors, auto-tranny! whats next?! :icon_mrgreen:

just playin ;)

more pics of the SLR!

I would like to ask a question and please no one take offence I am truly curious what makes you guys decide which car to buy and how do you make your decisions; why it matters so much which car is faster and by how much, all these figures, launches, points of a seconds AWD RWD blah blah blah makes my head spin.

The board member that owns all three: SLR, LP and the 722 I can understand, he likes them all and maybe couldn't decide so he bought them all because he can afford it.

The person that can only afford one of these cars,

what's the thought process that you follow in order to make your decision, if it is purely based on speed if a new car comes out that will be faster than your current purchase would you dump your existing car for the faster one regardless of its make or model?

Just curious!

Well for us it's not just performance, seeing as we also have an F430 Spider and Gallardo Spyder too. For us it's fun factor (which does have performance built in), ease of use, and looks. Economics does factor in, which is why we haven't pulled the trigger on an Enzo (I can't make myself pay double sticker for anything), or a Veyron, because it just doesn't look that great. The CCX was completely undriveable in an everyday situations (I'd have to lean on the dashboard just to see a stoplight), as is a Saleen S7 (how many reverse pullups can YOU do just getting in the thing).

Of course, we love knowing they're fast, but really, how often do you get to do that?

Hi chuckd, like I've mentioned before I can understand why you bought your cars, I would do the same if I could afford all the above mentioned cars or if they weren't double the price where I am or available for that matter (we don't get the SLR, Enzo, Veyron, Saleen etc), maybe I wouldn't buy the F430 and the reason for that is because I think it is plain ugly, my question was addressed to the guys that only own one exotic and they replace it with another as soon as they find out that there is something out there .2 sec faster.

I was curious if speed was the only deciding factor.

I just want to say congratulations chuckd on all your awesome cars and whatever you do to be able to afford them!

Thanks for posting the vids. You have an amazing stable of cars, and a pretty cool wife.

I drove about 1400km this last few days in the 722,mostly highway and i am seriously warming up to the car.The performance is just outstanding.I didn't have a chance to race anyone in particular but tried kickdown a few times from different speeds and the acceleretion is just phenomenal.

Also whoever thinks the awe factor is not there should have been in Montreal with me for the GP weekend.

I parked the car on one of the major streets for 10 min waiting for a friend and it was one the biggest mistakes i made.No other exotic i have owned has drawn this much attention anywhere at anytime.Within a couple of min i must have gotten mobeed by about 500 people all wanting pics and rides so much so it was embarrassing.

I drove about 1400km this last few days in the 722,mostly highway and i am seriously warming up to the car.The performance is just outstanding.I didn't have a chance to race anyone in particular but tried kickdown a few times from different speeds and the acceleretion is just phenomenal.

Also whoever thinks the awe factor is not there should have been in Montreal with me for the GP weekend.

I parked the car on one of the major streets for 10 min waiting for a friend and it was one the biggest mistakes i made.No other exotic i have owned has drawn this much attention anywhere at anytime.Within a couple of min i must have gotten mobeed by about 500 people all wanting pics and rides so much so it was embarrassing.

Oh come on daddy-o. Quit playin. You know it aint sooooo, aint nobody looking at a Mercedes ! :eusa_dance:

Aram, you drove the SLR to montreal from here?!

Yup.Does that seem too far fetched for you? It is meant to be driven isn't it? :icon_mrgreen:

Yup.Does that seem too far fetched for you? It is meant to be driven isn't it? :icon_mrgreen:

I wouldnt have imagined a comfortable ride with that suspension. how does it compare to the Gallardo on long rides?

I wouldnt have imagined a comfortable ride with that suspension. how does it compare to the Gallardo on long rides?

Better than Gallardo

Damn, I came in on this one late. As far as running 101 octane in the LP, you could actually be losing power. The upped octane rating means the fuel is burning slowly, and if you dont need to be a more stabile slow burn(under high boost or compression) you could be losing power because the fuel isnt being burned as well. Not to say this all had a serious effect on the SLR handing it to the LP, but its just for future reference.