Diablo Depreciate Estimates?

TheFilipinoStig

Can anyone speculate what a Diablo (any year/model) would depricate to in 5-10 years? Or a rough amount to knock-off current pricing for several years later? In the next 10 years I was looking at a Porsche Turbo, (I like planning ahead :icon_mrgreen: ), but if a clean Diablo is there for similar pricing - who knows. Again, just speculating for fun.

10 years from now the Diablo will be worth 66,326 dollars. I know this for fact.

To be honest, inmo, with a question this dumb, 10 years from now youll be telling yourself all I need is another 10 years!

10 years from now the Diablo will be worth 66,326 dollars. I know this for fact.

You are wrong. They will be worth $66,325 if they don't have any silly exhaust mods and still have the rear bumper attached to them. :icon_mrgreen:

You are wrong. They will be worth $66,325 if they don't have any silly exhaust mods and still have the rear bumper attached to them. :icon_mrgreen:

So its only $1 off for a one off?

So, will it be worth more, or less?

Can anyone speculate what a Diablo (any year/model) would depricate to in 5-10 years? Or a rough amount to knock-off current pricing for several years later? In the next 10 years I was looking at a Porsche Turbo, (I like planning ahead :icon_mrgreen: ), but if a clean Diablo is there for similar pricing - who knows. Again, just speculating for fun.

IMO diablos won't depreciate anymore :eusa_naughty: , may be you could get a early gallardo though

I never pay extra for mods :icon_mrgreen:

Here's a clue.

They aren't making Diablos any more.

They have not made any Diablos for about 6 years.

There are less than 3000 Diablos left (throughout the world, there were never any more than 3000 to start with, maybe a little over, but not by much). I think total imports of Diablos to the USA was less than 1100.

There is a limited supply of Diablos.

They don't trade hands as often any more.

If you find a 'low' priced one, chances are it will "cost you the difference" to make it right. You know, needs major work to make it right.

Chances are very good in 10 years prices will be as they are now if not higher for 'well kept/maintained' Diablos.

For reference, look the Countach market. They stopped making Countaches more than 17 years ago. The only 'cheap' ones out there need a lotta luvin to make them right. And there were less than 3000 of those too (if I recall correctly). And Countach prices are on the increase.

So, my contention from this point forward is the only 'cheap' Diablos will be those that need major $$$ to make them right again, so, in the end, the cost will be the same as a well maintained macchina.

Now, if you consider that future (and some current) supercars will be more and more geared towards everyday driving and not raw visceral attack on the senses (what with airbags, traction control, drive by wire, steering by wire, high ground clearances and the like)...well, prices could very well go up in 10 years time.

In your timeframe, I am sure a 11-16 year old Porsche Turbo will be a whole lot less $ than a Diablo that is well maintained.

-J

They will probably be worth more.

However, Gallardos probably wont.

However, you are planning 10 years ahead.

Your not going to have a Lamborghini.

Let me clarify, I'm still in COLLEGE. That is my "10 years" reference. That gives me until I'm 30 to have a lovely sports car. I was just wondering, for shits and giggles, if a Diablo (or any car, perhaps Gallardo), would be 'affordable' in 10 years time.

(or any car, perhaps Gallardo), would be 'affordable' in 10 years time.

you have a good chance. Let me consult my magic eight ball............

oooops, not likely.

I was just wondering, for shits and giggles, if a Diablo (or any car, perhaps Gallardo), would be 'affordable' in 10 years time.

While I think the Diablo is fully depreciated..........

I can almost guarantee that the first time you pay for a clutch job, you may shit, but you definitely won't giggle..........

10 years from now you wont be able to afford one. They are no ,longer depreciating.

:iamwithstupid: Diablos arent gettin any cheaper. IMO you will never find a better time to buy one then now, and I have no doubt that in 10 years, there will be PLENTY of people kicking themselves for not picking them up now while they could. (just ask the guys in the Countach section if knowing what they know now, they could go back in time and buy a CT in 2000-2002. You wont find ONE that would have passed on those prices!). ;)

As another example, 5 years ago, it wasnt "that" hard to find a nice early Diablo under 85k. Try finding one in that price range now (Its NOT easy!), and as JTSE30 said, it probably WONT be a "pristine" one if you do!

Let me clarify, I'm still in COLLEGE. That is my "10 years" reference. That gives me until I'm 30 to have a lovely sports car. I was just wondering, for shits and giggles, if a Diablo (or any car, perhaps Gallardo), would be 'affordable' in 10 years time.
INMO, they are affordable today! :icon_mrgreen:

They will never be "affordable". What will surprise you, though, is that if you work hard in school, find a good career track (or business track if you are the entrepreneur type) you will be able to "afford" more than you ever thought. If you have the passion, use it as your motivation to succeed and buy your dream car (just don't dream of Veryrons or S7's....... if you do then start buying lottery tickets).

In the end, unless you are hopelessly affluent, you must love these things to death to spend the money on them that we all do. If you want it bad enough - you'll have your car.

Guess "affordable Lamborghini" is an oxymoron.

Not true.

Look into a well sorted Uracco or Jalpa, as your first L car, years from now. It makes much more sense, than the average Joe, who walks into the Chevy dealer, finances a Plastic mess-06 for five years, and drives it off of the lot. The Z-06 is a good performing car. However, how much money will the owner have wasted, after owning the car for five+ years ?

When you pay cash for a Uracco or Jalpa, it will be worth no less (it may even go up in price), when you decide to sell it a few years down the road. - Again, you have to find a well sorted car.

A Diablo ?

Aside from some of the late Roadsters and perhaps late VT's, the Diablo is already fully depreciated. Those two cars, have very little, if anything to lose. At 85K+, a decent 50K KM 1991 Diablo is an excellent buy. The price cannot go any lower. If you buy a well sorted car, you will simply pay for maintainance and upkeep over the years. No clean Diablo, will lose any money over the years (except for what I wrote in the first sentence). A 91/92 Diablo, is the best bargain genuine 200mph Italian Supercar available. If you work hard in school, and set your goals, you will have your car.

Good luck.

Not true.

Look into a well sorted Uracco or Jalpa, as your first L car, years from now. It makes much more sense, than the average Joe, who walks into the Chevy dealer, finances a Plastic mess-06 for five years, and drives it off of the lot. The Z-06 is a good performing car. However, how much money will the owner have wasted, after owning the car for five+ years ?

When you pay cash for a Uracco or Jalpa, it will be worth no less (it may even go up in price), when you decide to sell it a few years down the road. - Again, you have to find a well sorted car.

A Diablo ?

Aside from some of the late Roadsters and perhaps late VT's, the Diablo is already fully depreciated. Those two cars, have very little, if anything to lose. At 85K+, a decent 50K KM 1991 Diablo is an excellent buy. The price cannot go any lower. If you buy a well sorted car, you will simply pay for maintainance and upkeep over the years. No clean Diablo, will lose any money over the years (except for what I wrote in the first sentence). A 91/92 Diablo, is the best bargain genuine 200mph Italian Supercar available. If you work hard in school, and set your goals, you will have your car.

Good luck.

I agree with these values. I think the answer is they are going up. There are just so many people who want one as well.