The ///AMG thread™

MONACO BODYGUARDS

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Prepares for an ambush*

Am I the only one who doesn't find the SL-series all that....fantastic? Don't get me wrong, I like the car, I love what Lorinser and Carlsson did to it as well, it's just...for the price range and given what you get and how it is overall....aren't there just better cars out there?

Maybe it's me?

*Prepares for an ambush*

Am I the only one who doesn't find the SL-series all that....fantastic? Don't get me wrong, I like the car, I love what Lorinser and Carlsson did to it as well, it's just...for the price range and given what you get and how it is overall....aren't there just better cars out there?

Maybe it's me?

It's not just you. Thats how I felt until I drove it, and as my mood changed so does the cars. if its a little cold it blows hot air on your neck. if im tired of driving it massages my back, if I feel like going fast it rockets me down the highway. Any day now I expect a hand to reach out from under my seeat and tug one out for me. ITS THAT GOOD. I looked at 911 Turbo Cab's and the Bent CGT and found the combo of the 2 in the SL63. Its not for evertybody, but if you have to have a hardtop its a no brainer.

Hey Monaco, got a question you might be able to answer.

AMG said they will only be building the 5.5 twin turbo V8's for their cars as of 2011. The new SLS is coming out as a 2011 model. What motor are they going to have in it? Are they building normally aspirated for the first year then converting over?

I believe that the '11 SLS does have the 6.3 V8 but kinda updated with 571 hp......they may put the 5.5 twin turbo in the sls roadster or wait till the next year? Monaco will correct me if I'm wrong but I am positive in the current SLS having the 6.3.

It's not just you. Thats how I felt until I drove it, and as my mood changed so does the cars. if its a little cold it blows hot air on your neck. if im tired of driving it massages my back, if I feel like going fast it rockets me down the highway. Any day now I expect a hand to reach out from under my seeat and tug one out for me. ITS THAT GOOD. I looked at 911 Turbo Cab's and the Bent CGT and found the combo of the 2 in the SL63. Its not for evertybody, but if you have to have a hardtop its a no brainer.

Have you tried to whistle to see if it will come to you? :lol2:

My favorite Mercs are the S Class and the CL range, the SL new styling looked intriguing when it came out so I had a better look at it, it is insane and a blast to drive,

you got yourself an awesome ride there and white is the way to go congratz :icon_thumleft:

Have you tried to whistle to see if it will come to you? :lol2:

My favorite Mercs are the S Class and the CL range, the SL new styling looked intriguing when it came out so I had a better look at it, it is insane and a blast to drive,

you got yourself an awesome ride there and white is the way to go congratz :icon_thumleft:

I just tried whistling at it, but it ignored me. Typical German girl.....

Hey Monaco, got a question you might be able to answer.

AMG said they will only be building the 5.5 twin turbo V8's for their cars as of 2011. The new SLS is coming out as a 2011 model. What motor are they going to have in it? Are they building normally aspirated for the first year then converting over?

They apparantly mentioned to the press that the SLS would retain the NA motor indefinitely, and that the hybrid version of the car due later this decade will be used to bring the platform's overall carbon numbers back in line to the rest of the range.

as pretty as they are I remember there was an areodymanic problem which caused incredible lift. I remember a when 2 of them went flying off on a straight at high speed. Probably the most unsettling thing I have ever seen. In fact on my way to Vegas this weekend as I approached 140 I felt the rear lift, and this exact image came to mind.

You know whats amusing, the only reason I knew about that is cause I watched Top Gear last night on BBC America and it was the episode where they had the Cali, DBS, and LP560-4 SPyder and met up in front of that castle. Apparenlty at one point it was a private residence! But my god do I love the CLK-GTR!

You know whats amusing, the only reason I knew about that is cause I watched Top Gear last night on BBC America and it was the episode where they had the Cali, DBS, and LP560-4 SPyder and met up in front of that castle. Apparenlty at one point it was a private residence! But my god do I love the CLK-GTR!

It is the heaviest buliding in the world. Top Gear learns ;)

i usually dont like classic cars, but dam that e class is amazing.

i've lusted for the gtr since i first heard of it, the roadster in particular

Its like a swiss army knife. it can be whtever you want it to be with a twist of a knob or a push of a button. And the exhust note is sutble around town but comes to life when you stomp the loud pedal. If you told me 2 years ago I would love a mercedes this much I would have told you to piss off, but now I can promise you a SLS is next.

I had an SL55 and really liked it. Bought an SL63 for my wife last year and I gotta say....I am more impressed with the car every time I drive it. Very fast, comfortable, sporty, good exhaust note when you get on the loud pedal. Sporty. I really like it a lot now.

I think the AMG cars are very impressive. I have an S63 for when I need more than 2 people to transport and that car rocks too.