Custom Matt Black

Allan-Herbie

In those pics, I do not like the matt balck at all.

even with matte blacks, there's different paint processes. from the looks of it, i think he truly went with a matte finish and took it literally. because you can see uneven 'finishes' on his rear top fender. probably from oil from hands touching, etc. any type of foreign moisture/liquids could cause uneven tones in the matte finish.

while most people call it matte-black, the painters usually are painting what they call an 'egg-shell' finish on the car. i know some paint brands actually car a special type of clear-coat called "egg-shell" which gives the same, dull/matte finish, but is actually treated and coated. so no un-even tones appear.

this SLR sucks compared to the 722 matte black that was posted previously... rims suck too in blue/purple? haha..

Those brabus wheels dont go on that car. I saw the computer image of the slr with those wheels and looked good but this is the second slr I have seen actual pictures of with those same wheels and the just dont look good. The 722 wheels look great. The matte black looks good at night but in direct sun light does not look good.

It looks brutal :icon_oak:

this is why... hahaha... if any LP guys need a custom flat black paint job on their lambos, come by my place... just buy a box of krylon paint... FREE SERVICE :eusa_dance:

464651_front200.jpg

The wheels kill this car!!! I see it by my house all the time normally parked on side streets right off Santa Monica Blvd. In West Hollywood. The thing would look sick if it had the right wheels on. :icon_oak:

Man, I love matte black cars, but that is just...yuck. Interesting about the eggshell clear finish though, I didn't know that existed. Always wanted a CLS63 in Matte Black, but worried about the fingerprints and suck. That clear though would fix that.

Few bottles of spray paint, and it'll look the same. Wheels throw it off

old trick we used to use here in saudi arabia, we used the spray can anti rust that looks like the mat black.. you can spray the whole car mat black.. and when your bored of it , it can be removed by giving your car a deisel bath....

keep in mind we only did this to our suberbans and pick ups .. and never an exotic.... some even had this done to the front of there cars before a long road trip. to keep safe from the sand... now sand can realy screw up your car..

any way looks bad on that slr

That car belongs to Justin Murdock. Cool kid, until he puts his batman cape on. No seriously, I've seen him clubbing with a cape on.

Man, I love matte black cars, but that is just...yuck. Interesting about the eggshell clear finish though, I didn't know that existed. Always wanted a CLS63 in Matte Black, but worried about the fingerprints and suck. That clear though would fix that.

good body shops would know how to spray on the "matte" look without giving you the hassles of an UNPROTECTED matte finish

That car belongs to Justin Murdock. Cool kid, until he puts his batman cape on. No seriously, I've seen him clubbing with a cape on.

:lol2: Thats gotta be a funny sight.

good body shops would know how to spray on the "matte" look without giving you the hassles of an UNPROTECTED matte finish

Ive done matte finishes on stuff, and we just use a flat clear in my shop.

• 3 weeks later...