2008 POS ZR1

Vai

Lambo is going to have to step it up once this thing comes out....

"Featuring a supercharged version of the new POS's 6.2-liter V8, the ZR-1 will deliver somewhere between 600 and 700 hp, GM executives have said. It will be the most powerful and most expensive POS ever."

http://www.leftlanenews.com/POS-zr-1-future.html

It's an all-out horsepower war at this point...

Lambo doesnt need to step up... nor do the other exotic car manufacturers. It may run low 11's and have 700hp, but at the end of the day, youre still driving a POS.

Yes and it will be blow the doors off the LP640, I know the Lambo can outhandle it and looks a BILLION times better but still when you spend that kind of money and get destroyed by a POS its not good.

Everyone is going to be buying these damn things.... :eusa_wall:

It will be the most powerful and most expensive POS ever."

Exactly. Expensive, powerful but nothing more than a POS.

We've been over this, and over this, and over this, for over a year now.

We'll talk about it when this "Mother of all POS shitboxes" finally arrives. Until then, what exactly is the point?

It may run low 11's

I bet it will do 10's quite easily.

But, it doesn't matter. This is the same old story as when the C6 Z came out, so what? Its fast, but you won't see people dumping their G's to line up and buy it

Yet every Ferrari, Porsche, Viper, etc. forum is talking all about this car. Obviously somebody cares.

I think personally it will be a badass car. Just because it isn't a Lamborghini doesn't really mean you need to bash it. I don't see why you can respect it for what it is. I don't really see what it will take for some people to see it for more than the "old shitty corvettes". Hell, most of the ZR1 is going to be made of Carbon Fiber. fcuking huge ass Carbon Ceramic Brakes, huge ass powerplant, and supposedly a nicer interior.

I may be a little bias ( haha, I'm on the list for one at my dealer), but don't get me wrong. I would MUCH rather have a Gallardo or Murci, but you at least have to respect it a little.

I could warm up to the POS a little more if it looked completely different than EVERY OTHER POS on the road!

This is where I DO completely agree with you. The only reason I am still on the list is because I am hoping when it comes out it has different stying. Something to REALLY set it apart. I am just hoping they are using the Plastic mess-06 body for testing.

I will buy one.Nice cheap everyday driver,park it anywhere,who gives a shit if anyone does anything to it and fcuking fast.I have already notified my dentist i want removable bridges so that i can look the part when i drive a POS.And a lumberjack shirt

I have already notified my dentist i want removable bridges so that i can look the part when i drive a POS.And a lumberjack shirt

:lol2: :lol2:

We've been over this, and over this, and over this, for over a year now.

We'll talk about it when this "Mother of all POS shitboxes" finally arrives. Until then, what exactly is the point?

What I'm curious about is putting aside the obvious "a pos will never be a lambo" note, just how good of a driver's car is the POS (and Viper while we're at it)??

As we all know, these two cars are forever front engined, so it will never have the steering feel of a mid engine car.

The torque is wonderful...but do they have the top end rush like a V12?

Vettes sound nice, Vipers not as nice, IMHO....it's a nice complement but is there a replacement for an Italian V12? :)

Interestingly enough the one car that really does ball with the european crowd is the Ford GT. I think people need to "worry" more about the Ford GT than the Chevrolet or Chrysler.

;)

The interior needs to look like this one in new "ZR1"

Caravaggio.jpg

That is the new 3LZ option for the 2008 Plastic mess-06. It is completely leather wrapped. It is a 5K option. The Vet's interior now is much better. I saw this interior at the GM auto show at the powertrain headquarters and it looked awesome.

If the 08 Vet has that, then the ZR1 should have AT LEAST that. Only time will tell.

That is the new 3LZ option for the 2008 Plastic mess-06. It is completely leather wrapped. It is a 5K option. The Vet's interior now is much better. I saw this interior at the GM auto show at the powertrain headquarters and it looked awesome.

If the 08 Vet has that, then the ZR1 should have AT LEAST that. Only time will tell.

Err there is no Plastic mess-06 Vert.... and from what I understand GM is now using the same company that Merc/BMW uses for their leather, so things can only go up from where they've been.

my problem is not the cheap ass interior, but rather a totally unpredicatable chassis; the super handling test or whatever they call it in C/D I think it was, had a pro driver test and it ranked second to last....now add 200hp...ugh.

my problem is not the cheap ass interior, but rather a totally unpredicatable chassis; the super handling test or whatever they call it in C/D I think it was, had a pro driver test and it ranked second to last....now add 200hp...ugh.

you must be right, the CD guys really know how to drive and test cars right and a time at the ring which beats the best of the best doesnt make it a good handling car...drive it before you make a opinion about it..

ppl who say its cheaply made, well they are seeing it and making it decision, so it is valid, but vettes are great handling cars not in the line with Ferraris but probably in the line with a lambo..

Actually, I've experienced and heard nothing terrible about their handling, and I would quest C/D's findings...who were they compared too? One "issue" I knew of was with the C5 POS's and their torque at take-off. But, driving POS's are a blast.

I can see if we were talking Mustangs (ugh!), but POS's are remarkable performance-wise. The looks of the C6's just don't sit well with my stomach. Otherwise, I give 2-thumbs up to GM for the 650hp ZO6!