So I found a lease I might not be able to pass up...

PorscheDude

$539/mo 0 down

48mos 12k miles a year

The car stickers for $47,000 (its a base model). I can also get the same car for $6K off if I choose to buy. Should I lease or buy? If I bought I would only be able to put around 20-25K down and finance the rest. Either way it seems like a great deal for a new 08 car with 430hp and 5yr warranty. The only reason I am reluctant to lease is I might not want to keep it for 4 years but I think with those lease payments I could transfer it easily...

Here is the combo I like...

DSC01194.jpg

$539/mo 0 down

48mos 12k miles a year

The car stickers for $47,000 (its a base model). I can also get the same car for $6K off if I choose to buy. Should I lease or buy? If I bought I would only be able to put around 20-25K down and finance the rest. Either way it seems like a great deal for a new 08 car with 430hp and 5yr warranty. The only reason I am reluctant to lease is I might not want to keep it for 4 years but I think with those lease payments I could transfer it easily...

Here is the combo I like...

DSC01194.jpg

DO IT!

keep in mind, in order to transfer a lease, your deal has to be better than the "new" car at that time. Chevrolet is notorious for doing the same lease programs and specials, year in and year out. Your good deal today, will be offered to a new car buyer next year, and the year after and so on.

You are also trapped when you buy. Go and sell a car with special offers for the new car and you get killed with book value.

Pass and buy a C5 Plastic mess-06.

Or, wait until they depreciate and then buy! Hell, for a little less, you could lease a 335i, which is a much better car!

Pass and buy a C5 Plastic mess-06.

Or, wait until they depreciate and then buy! Hell, for a little less, you could lease a 335i, which is a much better car!

:jackoff:

BMW can seriously sell ANYTHING, can they?? LOL.

Look, the ve++e is not god's gift to cars, but surely you can't be serious at saying that their new Munich built IS350 is better than this ve++e just because the POS is unloved here, lol.

Sure it's got a lil bit of power, but that doesn't make it special.

Not a cheap shot at BMW across the board...their M series cars rock, and their older stuff has character, but any run of the mill 3 series does not deserve all the lavish praise that it gets, IMO.

There's only so much Bavarian Motor Works c*** sucking I can take, sorry.

:jackoff:

BMW can seriously sell ANYTHING, can they?? LOL.

Look, the ve++e is not god's gift to cars, but surely you can't be serious at saying that their new Munich built IS350 is better than this ve++e just because the POS is unloved here, lol.

Sure it's got a lil bit of power, but that doesn't make it special.

Not a cheap shot at BMW across the board...their M series cars rock, and their older stuff has character, but any run of the mill 3 series does not deserve all the lavish praise that it gets, IMO.

There's only so much Bavarian Motor Works c*** sucking I can take, sorry.

Settle down. He meant a better everyday car, more luxurious/practical. And he's right.

The 335 is too common and Im keeping my 323i for my everyday car. Those retards at University of Maryland will scratch anything shiny worth over 20K. Power and speed are high on my list now, driving the Boxster is only fun around turns!

At this point Im pretty set on the C-6. Im going to drive one this weekend. Im really curious to see how fast it is. The 08 has 85hp more than my 97 so it should be exciting!

At this point Im pretty set on the C-6. Im going to drive one this weekend. Im really curious to see how fast it is. The 08 has 85hp more than my 97 so it should be exciting!

When you drive it, laugh to yourself that you're in a five-hundred-buck-per-month plastic shitbox that is actually faster than the much-overhyped $200k 360CS in a straight line, and likely faster on the track as well. True story.

:lol2:

When you drive it, laugh to yourself that you're in a five-hundred-buck-per-month plastic shitbox that is actually faster than the much-overhyped $200k 360CS in a straight line, and likely faster on the track as well. True story.

:lol2:

The interior is wayyy improved over the C-5. plus they have a new optional full leather interior and carbon trim that look suprisingly nice.

The interior is wayyy improved over the C-5. plus they have a new optional full leather interior and carbon trim that look suprisingly nice.

It's much better than the old one, at that price you really can't beat it...unless you wait 24 months and get the same car at -50% off... :icon_mrgreen:

It's much better than the old one, at that price you really can't beat it...unless you wait 24 months and get the same car at -50% off... :icon_mrgreen:

you are right!

LOL

Thanks for you professional insight.

A lease is good if you dont want to deal with selling your car and take a hit on the inflation. If you can handle the payments, the mileage restictions and feel the car is worth the monthly, a lease could be for you. If you are thinking short term for this car, I see nothing wrong with a lease. But this car? You will have the most 50 year old pussy in your life.

But this car? You will have the most 50 year old pussy in your life.

Yes, he'll skate right by the cougars and into the elusive and rare "condor" bracket for sure. Yikes.

If you are going to lease anything, lease a S550 or 7 series. Those two cars will get you some ass.

Just a waste of money imo. I just sold my SC300 because I was thinking about depreciation down the road. I mean, I could drive that car to the bone and lose $3k MAX, but I don't like losing money :icon_mrgreen: .

My replacement is under wraps for now. I had to transfer my money into something liquid, so of course, it isn't a car that is doing to depreciate :eusa_dance: .

If you are going to lease anything, lease a S550 or 7 series. Those two cars will get you some ass.

Just a waste of money imo. I just sold my SC300 because I was thinking about depreciation down the road. I mean, I could drive that car to the bone and lose $3k MAX, but I don't like losing money :icon_mrgreen: .

My replacement is under wraps for now. I had to transfer my money into something liquid, so of course, it isn't a car that is doing to depreciate :eusa_dance: .

post-9296-1192748860_thumb.jpg

I bought my wife a 2007 vett-e and I drive it quite a bit. I do drive it pretty hard though LOL. The car is a nice sports car for the price. It's also funny waving to all the 60 yr old vett-e owners passing by. :icon_fU:

Leases are stupid...

Umm, why? Leases make sense if you don't want to be liable for depreciation and if you change cars often.

Also, leases can be good for business owners.