turbo murcielago

Steve K

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol2: Good old Johnny!

i would love to see pics of your history of cars. ive heard you talk about esprits, nsxs, 911s, and more.......

i would love to see pics of your history of cars. ive heard you talk about esprits, nsxs, 911s, and more.......

Dont forget about my ferrari's! :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...
Doug is an awesome dude and tuner too! I remember the first time I met him just after his Viper saw my Little RS Americas Taillights to over 180mph on the Sawgrass Expwy. :downtown:

ive asked before Allan, can we have some pics and specs of the 911....for us porsche fans :icon_mrgreen: I have a friend over here with (im guessing) a similar set up 3.3, and its hard to find anything that keep up even today, including bikes. Its a tad dangerous though!

Ps. So from Doug's comments tt murcies are good for 1200-1300hp???????????????

ive asked before Allan, can we have some pics and specs of the 911....for us porsche fans :icon_mrgreen: I have a friend over here with (im guessing) a similar set up 3.3, and its hard to find anything that keep up even today, including bikes. Its a tad dangerous though!

Ps. So from Doug's comments tt murcies are good for 1200-1300hp???????????????

Apparently there are no dyno sheets yet from Doug's side, we are waiting. Unless I'm missing something here.

I was taking it from this Sameer;

"the power increase we've obtained on our TT Murcie can actually double the base horsepower"

You tempted!!??

doug

completely understood !

i dont have a murcielago at the moment

however, in the near future , when i do get one, i look forward to doing FI , but at a certain cost

let me ask you...

would you be able to make a kit , that runs relatively low boost, so that the internals can stay in tact ?

for example , a kit with bolt on turbo's , tuning, and whatever else is necessary (clutch aswell i assume) , and give the car another.... 100-150 AWHP ?

is that something that the engine/tranny can handle or does it still have to be upgraded.. .

also, lets say you set the ECU to limit boost in 1st and 2nd gear, so as not to put too much stress on the drive train..

is something like this possible ?

thank you for your response by the way

From a financial pov there may not be much savings in adding an additional 100-150 AWHP as compared to a 200 - +300 whp increase. The majority of the labour required to prep an engine for a TT set-up is in the engine removal & disassembly, modifications to the engine block and installation of the turbos. ALL of this work is basically the same regardless of the final output generated. I don't see where the savings will come from in "detuning" a TT set-up to produce less power than the system is capable of. All the dissassembly,engine prep, re-assembly and installation of the turbo's will be the same.

:iamwithstupid: I think you should do a thread detailing all your past cars and waht you did to them!

I was taking it from this Sameer;

"the power increase we've obtained on our TT Murcie can actually double the base horsepower"

You tempted!!??

Tempted=YES!. Would I do it=NO!

There is no back up in Singapore so what if something were to go wrong. Also it would affect the resale value badly here. Unless the car is for keeps.

Unforunately...the resale is affected everywhere, (outside of the forum). In fact I believe someone here recently put theirs up for normal G money?? This would also put me off big time.

Can ECU remaping add 50-60hp if the Murcielago was stock??

Nope, 20-30 max max for Murcies. It's not all about power, you also get better low end response. For forced induction cars its a whole new ball game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey doug, did you ever think about twin scroll on each side? Since the v 12 is like 2 inline 6es? Its live 2 3.1 liter supra motors. or 3.2 and a half for the lp640. What turbos do you use? Gt 35's?