F50 GT

enzo1317

I was going through some old car pics on my computer and came across some of the F50 GT. I know there's not much love for the F50 around here, but I always thought the GT was pretty cool. Anybody here ever seen one in person/ have any experience with them? Where are they nowadays?

post-7359-1216341953_thumb.jpg

post-7359-1216342031_thumb.jpg

I saw the first one exactly where the picture was taken. It was at symbolic in la jolla. it had to be atleast 5 years ago. It was simply amazing to look at. If i remember correctly it had a sold sign on it...price 1.8 Million :o

I didn't even know there was an actual GT model of the F50

Not something you see every day, they only made 3.

I saw the first one exactly where the picture was taken. It was at symbolic in la jolla. it had to be atleast 5 years ago. It was simply amazing to look at. If i remember correctly it had a sold sign on it...price 1.8 Million :o

Wow, really makes you wonder what they would go for now!

There were only three made. One is supposed to be in San Francisco, the other ones in Japan and Austalia.

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutley love that car. I assume its not street legal is it?! Or is it like the F40 LM's and such that were just a more race prepped street version?

i didn't know they made an f50 gt.....only 3....wow, talk about exclusivety

Thats right, and the Austraila GT have been crashed/rebuilt twice.

I'll show love for the F50. It's not very popular (most are F40 fans). I've always been impartial to the F50. The GT is just sickening fast. Too bad Ferrari couldn't get it off the ground... for various reason... Would be interesting to see how it'd par against several cars, namely the Enzo, CGT, F1, Zonda.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting notes on the F50 GT1:

1. Sequential Transmission - 6 or 7 speeds, I forget.

2. Was going to be raced but discontinued after it outlapped the 333 SP at Fiorano by several seconds......being upstaged by a race version of a street car isn't good!

Legendary car indeed.

It looks really good, any videos on it? Would love to hear how it sounds.

At about one minute it appears....the footage is from a 355. The F50 GT sounds insane.....

At about one minute it appears....the footage is from a 355. The F50 GT sounds insane.....

:shock: I think I need to go take a cold shower after watching that! That sounds incredible. Thanks for the link.

2. Was going to be raced but discontinued after it outlapped the 333 SP at Fiorano by several seconds......being upstaged by a race version of a street car isn't good!

Not to downplay the car (as it is one of my favorite Ferrari failures that still created an epic car) but it was build a day late and a dollar short.

My understanding is the F50GT would not be able to compete at all within the revised GT1 class and Ferrari didn't want to put the $$ into further R&D. Thus, it was scrubbed.

I don't recall it was not developed because Ferrari claimed it was faster than a 333.

There were 3 complete cars built and it is believed Ferrari still has spare tubs...thus more could be built.

God I love this car

And get this one is supposably for sale now by Oakfields.