Who wants an LP560 front bumper?

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For thoose who have mounted this sucker, how did you attach/mount the small grilles for the two outlets on each side of the bumper? Anything else to think of?

I can't wait to get the shitbox out of the garage and show Sprite and Fred how a real SuperG should look like!! :la: :jerry:

It's nearly 10.30pm, I'm bushed, just finished fitting the bumper. Got to get up at 4am for work tomorrow. I will try to get some pictures if the weather is nice enough tomorrow afternoon. I fitted it myself so if anyone has any questions about fitting, just fire away.

How did you solve the mounting of the grilles on the sides? Glue of some sort? Did you have to bend the grilles for the front as they seem to not fit without bending them?

I'm not 100% sure, but i think the scrape bar remained on the car after the old bumper was removed.

Ref my earlier post, you cannot remove the original bumper until you have removed the scrape bar. You have to remount the scrape bar to keep the bumper attached to the floor pan or if airflow gets under the floor pan it will cost you.

Damn, even slowpoke got his! Congrats man, I'm happy for you because you are not the first but not the last one to get it either.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, :eusa_dance:

Now how did Intense get the pic Emblef took of my car ???? :eusa_think:

Damn, even slowpoke got his! Congrats man, I'm happy for you because you are not the first but not the last one to get it either.

Mine is now on the car, I think I have the wolrdrecord in shortest time for picking it up at the airport, prepp and paint, then mounting on the car :icon_thumleft:

So for the first time ever, I will go out and actually drive/enjoy my car!!! (Just finishing of the foot massage for my Megan) :icon_mrgreen:

Mine is now on the car, I think I have the wolrdrecord in shortest time for picking it up at the airport, prepp and paint, then mounting on the car :icon_thumleft:

So for the first time ever, I will go out and actually drive/enjoy my car!!! (Just finishing of the foot massage for my Megan) :icon_mrgreen:

Congratulations !!! :eusa_clap:

:zthread needs pics:

I'm surprised you didn't update your signature before going for the first drive, slowpoke :-p

Calum Blue. Thank you for the write up but boy was it not as easy as it seemed!

There is a whole row of screws under the bumper I didn't need to remove.

and

There is 3 center brackets (aluminum that need removing)

The grilles need to be taken off and two allen wrench bolts from under each grille need to be removed.

The bumper fit pretty damn good. The turn signals mounting holes needed to be opened up a bit and surprisingly almost all the bolt holes mounted to each other including the scrape bar.

I'll take one picture later that will make things much easier for anyone doing this on their own.

Took me 6 hours which could have been 4 hours If I knew about the allen bolts under the grilles!

post-12255-1241987313_thumb.jpg

Calum Blue. Thank you for the write up but boy was it not as easy as it seemed!

There is a whole row of screws under the bumper I didn't need to remove.

and

There is 3 center brackets (aluminum that need removing)

The grilles need to be taken off and two allen wrench bolts from under each grille need to be removed.

The bumper fit pretty damn good. The turn signals mounting holes needed to be opened up a bit and surprisingly almost all the bolt holes mounted to each other including the scrape bar.

I'll take one picture later that will make things much easier for anyone doing this on their own.

Took me 6 hours which could have been 4 hours If I knew about the allen bolts under the grilles!

Good job! better pics please!