Who wants an LP560 front bumper?

Allan-Herbie

I haven't fitted mine yet, but the LP560-4 has the area behind the spitter cut away, with just a section in the middle left for strength (from the pictures I can see) It surprised me that the rear of the splitter is solid (on mine anyway) with a fake grill over the top, and does not allow air to get out. This would cause a big hollow for air pressure to build up in, probably what caused your splitter to fail. I'd like to hear Hersh's reaction to this before I fit it.

I wonder about this as well.. the area is now a "bucket" for air at high speeds with nowhere for it to go. It at the very least will hurt aerodynamics as it's just a large catch-can.

I'm thinking some type of slit needs to be cut somehow.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder about this as well.. the area is now a "bucket" for air at high speeds with nowhere for it to go. It at the very least will hurt aerodynamics as it's just a large catch-can.

I'm way ahead of you, I just hired this guy! He sits ready to fix the slit as soon as the bumper lands :icon_thumleft:

post-9294-1240273023_thumb.jpg

I took my car to the bodyshop today for bumper installation.:

The color is off, too bright yellow. but we know color match without the car is always a gamble, well I lose.

The fit is off, premature contact (high) spots, and off alignment. Does it need or can it be grinded to fit?

In both cars, there are slits on the floor pan behind the splitter, but there's more and more spread out in the case of the LP560, while on the Gallardo has them on 2 sides. The opening on the LP560 would theoretically move the turbulence to the area behind the splitter before being forced to move down and out of the area through the holes below.

What's the actual difference in turbulence and down-force between the 2, I don't know, but I am sure that the amount of flutter on the splitter must be the result of varying velocity which changes the shape of that air that's restricted in that enclave which in the case of the LP560 is behind and therefore not cause a problem for the splitter.

So maybe cutting the slit and drilling additional holes on the floor pan may be the way to go. I noticed that those who used Monarchy's bumpers which has that area open have not commented about splitter flutter. I'll have to go study this with my workshop.

do you guys think if we dont make the opening, that our splitter will eventually loosen up.

hershel has this been looked at. what do you suggest?

Does anyone have good pic.s yet of this bumper on their car? I want to see some detailed pic.s of the gaps and alignment!

There are some good pics within the last 3-4 pages of this thread.

Check page 35 and 36 if your on the default posts per page.

As far as I'm concerned, the gaps/fitment are spectactular. I'm very happy with the quality of the bumper other then the CF piece not being real sturdy, but Herschel has already discussed whats necessary to fix that and it is essentially a "zero cost" fix.

I wish I had more hands, so I could give this bumper 4 thumbs up.

Anybody fitted the bumper themselves or have any instructions on how to take the old one off. I've just replaced the rear diffuser on mine and it was a longer job than I thought. I wan't to fit my new bumper but would love some pointers first. (Hersh, anything from your end?)

There's an inner plastic structure that strengthens the bumper and keeps them in shape. It won't fit the new bumper because of the 2 vents on the side. Did anyone cut this piece to fit or did everyone just install the bumper without it?

I am told that it is there to keep the bumper from losing its shape and prevent it from wobbling at speed and from sagging over time.

Has anyone fitted the inner bumper structure onto this bumper? If so, does it just snap on?

There's an inner plastic structure that strengthens the bumper and keeps them in shape. It won't fit the new bumper because of the 2 vents on the side. Did anyone cut this piece to fit or did everyone just install the bumper without it?

I am told that it is there to keep the bumper from losing its shape and prevent it from wobbling at speed and from sagging over time.

Has anyone fitted the inner bumper structure onto this bumper? If so, does it just snap on?

I thought the new bumper has it's own inner shell or am I wrong?

Here is the pic of the new bumper posted before

post6631227734840.jpg

I thought the new bumper has it's own inner shell or am I wrong?

Here is the pic of the new bumper posted before

I think this pic is od a proper LP560 bumper. The main thing, if you zoom in, is what appears to be ducting that leads for the open grill above the splitter onto and into a slot in the floor section under the car.

I must admit I find that the posting of this picture misleading, as what is pictured is not what is supplied. The inner black areas at the front are integral in the RSC bumper, ie where the tow hook hole is. However the side sections from the main vented inlets to the diffuser slot in the side is not descernable on the RSC item. I will post picture of the inside of mine ASAP.

I think this pic is od a proper LP560 bumper. The main thing, if you zoom in, is what appears to be ducting that leads for the open grill above the splitter onto and into a slot in the floor section under the car.

I must admit I find that the posting of this picture misleading, as what is pictured is not what is supplied. The inner black areas at the front are integral in the RSC bumper, ie where the tow hook hole is. However the side sections from the main vented inlets to the diffuser slot in the side is not descernable on the RSC item. I will post picture of the inside of mine ASAP.

Here are the pics of mine.

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr320/C...ue/IMG_8189.jpg

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr320/C...ue/IMG_8190.jpg

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr320/C...ue/IMG_8191.jpg