Who wants an LP560 front bumper?

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys

You need to read back in the thread a bit as this was mentioned.. The original design had and new inner stiffner and lower pan designed, However we were able to incoporate the inner stiffner and retain the Gallardo lower pan in this design due to the fact that we had more room to work with around the radiator openings. Alot of what you see in the OE design is a cost saving design alot of manufafturers employ, we added the extra bracing into the mold, and this actually makes this bumper a more robust unit than the OE 560 piece. Instead of multiple parts you now have one rigid self supporting bumper. This not only saves weight overall but also makes the structure more resilient.

Hersh, what about the installation instructions? Are you planning to post them?

Guys

You need to read back in the thread a bit as this was mentioned.. The original design had and new inner stiffner and lower pan designed, However we were able to incoporate the inner stiffner and retain the Gallardo lower pan in this design due to the fact that we had more room to work with around the radiator openings. Alot of what you see in the OE design is a cost saving design alot of manufafturers employ, we added the extra bracing into the mold, and this actually makes this bumper a more robust unit than the OE 560 piece. Instead of multiple parts you now have one rigid self supporting bumper. This not only saves weight overall but also makes the structure more resilient.

That certainly seems to be the case now I am half way thrpough taking the old bumper off. The new one looks like it will go on easy, but Hersh help me out here, I'm dying getting the old bumper off, I've taken every visible screw that I can find out from the front end and the old bumper just refuses to let go. Help, my hair is receding already and going grey, I could be bald by the end of this.

From what Hersh said to me on the phone, the hood and hood hinges need to be removed for some reason.

We are working on a DIY outline.. Willl if you like give me a call on my cell and I can help guide you from the point you are at right now..

please call my cell 718-496-8751

Steve.. no the hood does not have to be removed.. just the base of the hinges to release the cover panel that hides a few mounting screws

If you remove the base of the hinge. Doesn't the hood go with hinge?

When will the DIY be ready?

Does the old underbody panel go back on the new bumper at the same mounting points?

bumper

OEM grilles give it a definite OEM look.

However, I find that RSC grilles give it a badboy character and an attitude, and I don't know why.

Maybe because of the borders and cleaner honeycomb.

BTW, Hersh, we managed to fit the bumper without modification.

It's on the repainting process now.

F1 Motorsports of North Hollywood is doing it.

Thanks for your assistance. I'll keep you posted.

looks good sprite. i thought the spot above the splitter was solid?

yeah, wierd as mine was solid???? These grilles also look like the OEM grilles, not RSC ones.

Lookin' good, sprite. Why did you buy the OEM grills?

I'm still calling BS that Bill even got a Lambo, much less a TT Spyder with a 560 bumper :rolleyes:

How many are still waiting on theirs? I'm thinking of starting a therapy grou of some sort for us, anybody wants to join? We could have like membership cards and secret dinners and shit :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

Something wrong with this, I guess it's the OEM grills.. They have a plastic, matte look while the RSC has shiny and more elegant.. maybe it's just because the angel photo taken..

1.jpg

Something wrong with this, I guess it's the OEM grills.. They have a plastic, matte look while the RSC has shiny and more elegant.. maybe it's just because the angel photo taken..

post-8895-1240607659.jpg

I actually prefer OEM as it matches the rest of the car. To each their own I guess.

It's nearly 10.30pm, I'm bushed, just finished fitting the bumper. Got to get up at 4am for work tomorrow. I will try to get some pictures if the weather is nice enough tomorrow afternoon. I fitted it myself so if anyone has any questions about fitting, just fire away.

I didn't notice the little grille between the two big openings before....

Had a look at dgsk Gallardo yesterday with the newly fitted bumper and I have to say it looks awesome, fit and finish-barnone!