Yellow TT Spyder Build

TurboGallardo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy to think that 950 wheel horsepower is considered conservative...

When I used to drive an NSX many years ago, I used to tell people it would be the perfect car if it had about 500 more horsepower. I guess now they'll realize I wasn't trying to be funny.

I was actually being sarcastic in comparing it to the cars that are over 1000whp like Allans. 950whp is fcuking insane! :icon_thumleft:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a little update.

I flew into Florida this weekend to go to Heffner's shop and pick up the TT Spyder for the long trip back to NY. I arrived on Friday and hung around while Heff put the finishing touches on the beast. Man it looks unbelievably mean in person. While I was there I also got to see Lambo-N-It's gorgeous white Spyder, and got to meet Mr. Vroom and Limey and have lunch with them.

Jason finished up the car in the afternoon, and we went on a couple of test drives and everything was ready to roll. The plan was that I was going to drive down to Naples FL (about 100 miles) and visit some family and spend the night there, then leave early AM, stop by Heff's shop to give the car a final once-over before heading to NY. The car was running perfect on the way down to Naples, and then I stopped for fuel about halfway since the gauge was reading close to empty. I filled up but it only took about ten gallons, and the gauge was only showing a little over half full. I made note of it, continued the trip down, and the next morning headed back to Heff as planned.

I explained the problem to Jason and he took the car apart and removed the fuel transducers. For some reason, the fuel in the two tanks was not equalizing, so I would fill the passenger side tank up, but the fuel was not getting to the other tank. I decided it would be better to catch a flight back home, give Jason some time to sort out the issue without me hovering around, and then reschedule the pick up date. Technically I could have driven the car home the way it was, but I would have had to stop for gas every 100 miles and then I would have had to try to fix it in NY.

Aside from the fuel tank issue, which is not related to the mods, the car ran flawlessly. In fact, since I was going to be staying in FL for another night, I decided to take the car back down to Naples again for dinner to put some more development miles on it and of course just to experience it. In all I put close to 600 miles on the vehicle over the course of the weekend and I am totally in love with it. I'll save my driving impressions for another post, because I've got a lot to say on that topic, but I can sum it up with two words: Holy shit.

As usual, Jason was super-professional throughout the whole process and went the extra mile to make sure everything was right. I am really impressed with his whole operation and his work and business ethic. It is rare to find that, especially in the car tuning business from what I have seen.

Here are some pictures I took:

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

pic3.JPG

pic4.JPG

pic5.JPG

pic6.JPG

Dino

Numbers look awesome and the car looks even better!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Can't wait for the full write up. Keep us posted

EDIT

Just noticed the black vents on the engine cover. Never saw that before...looks GREAT!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a little update.

I flew into Florida this weekend to go to Heffner's shop and pick up the TT Spyder for the long trip back to NY. I arrived on Friday and hung around while Heff put the finishing touches on the beast. Man it looks unbelievably mean in person. While I was there I also got to see Lambo-N-It's gorgeous white Spyder, and got to meet Mr. Vroom and Limey and have lunch with them.

Jason finished up the car in the afternoon, and we went on a couple of test drives and everything was ready to roll. The plan was that I was going to drive down to Naples FL (about 100 miles) and visit some family and spend the night there, then leave early AM, stop by Heff's shop to give the car a final once-over before heading to NY. The car was running perfect on the way down to Naples, and then I stopped for fuel about halfway since the gauge was reading close to empty. I filled up but it only took about ten gallons, and the gauge was only showing a little over half full. I made note of it, continued the trip down, and the next morning headed back to Heff as planned.

I explained the problem to Jason and he took the car apart and removed the fuel transducers. For some reason, the fuel in the two tanks was not equalizing, so I would fill the passenger side tank up, but the fuel was not getting to the other tank. I decided it would be better to catch a flight back home, give Jason some time to sort out the issue without me hovering around, and then reschedule the pick up date. Technically I could have driven the car home the way it was, but I would have had to stop for gas every 100 miles and then I would have had to try to fix it in NY.

Aside from the fuel tank issue, which is not related to the mods, the car ran flawlessly. In fact, since I was going to be staying in FL for another night, I decided to take the car back down to Naples again for dinner to put some more development miles on it and of course just to experience it. In all I put close to 600 miles on the vehicle over the course of the weekend and I am totally in love with it. I'll save my driving impressions for another post, because I've got a lot to say on that topic, but I can sum it up with two words: Holy shit.

As usual, Jason was super-professional throughout the whole process and went the extra mile to make sure everything was right. I am really impressed with his whole operation and his work and business ethic. It is rare to find that, especially in the car tuning business from what I have seen.

Here are some pictures I took:

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

pic3.JPG

pic4.JPG

pic5.JPG

pic6.JPG

Dino

Car looks great! I love the wing and wheels!

Love everything, the wheels, and the black vents look great. I am iffy on the spoiler, but to each his own and it doesnt make the car look cheap at least so its not terrible. Congrats and enjoy it in good health, oh and both hands on the steering wheel haha when gasing it, im sure its a handful.

Thanks for the comments. The wing looks really good in person. I didn't think the SL wing looked right on the Spyder. To each its own, I guess.

I haven't driven the car for two days and now I am having serious withdrawal symptoms.

• 2 months later...

Hi Dino

Congrats on your spyder!!!

The black vents on the rear cover looks really bad ass!!!! Any chance of some close up pictures of the vents, look really great and I would like to do it on my spyder. :icon_super:

• 2 weeks later...