It’s not just a new Lamborghini. It’s a new world.

a007apl

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=131966

These guys seem fairly convinced it's a four-door. Thinking about it now, I can see a Ferrari California competitor here. Maybe that's wishful thinking. If it's seriously a sedan, that would piss me off. A GT 2+2 should precede a sedan. A GT 2+2 would be great, but a sedan? Come on now...

A Lamborghini executive told IL that the Paris car will not be at all retro in the fashion of 2006's Miura concept. "But nor will it be so closely influenced by the Reventón as so many people seem to think," he quickly added.

So we should not expect to arrive in Paris and see just another Versace version, or a Super Veloce, or even the obvious Superleggera something or other.

What we should expect is a four-door Lamborghini high-luxury gran turismo with the engine in front but behind the front axle, most likely sharing the architecture with the next Audi A8. "Safe to say," says our source, "that we have every resource available to us from the family of companies." Rumors of any tie-in with the Panamera architecture, given recent Volkswagen-Porsche developments, "are out of the question."

We are also advised to not expect anything warm and predictable harking back to a Marzal, an Islero, an Espada, a Jarama, or an Urraco. And, it can here be inferred, no super SUV.

Lamborghini confirmed that this project began less than five months ago and was green-lighted independently by Lamborghini bosses before seeking Ingolstadt's approval. The goal with the new four-door is to bring the brand out to a wider luxury sporting public. The show car has been constructed completely in Italy, purportedly in the Sant'#### studios with the assistance of some Audi design workers.

So, it seems that the big story in Paris is bound to be the advent of the luxury exotic sedans: Lamborghini's four-door is joined by Porsche's Panamera, and we eagerly await the definitive iteration of the Aston Martin Rapide.

"Lamborghini is at a point," said the executive, "where we can set off in new and plausible directions with the entire brand image. In a sense, we need to be able to tell customers what they ought to like about our brand. We're the experts." In this vein, IL also learned that no advance focus groups were convened to get approval of likely heavy-hitter customers.

In addition, the execs hinted clearly that this new super sedan is meant to do comparatively significant volumes and carry a range of engines which includes the current V10 in the Gallardo and probably the V12 from the Murciélago. While getting down to a V6 is improbable, a new-generation V8 is likely for a base model. There is no word on whether or not one version will provide rear-wheel-only traction.

What this means to you: The bull is ingeniously broadening its pasture and stealing every headline. Can a Ferrari

four-door response be far off? — Matt Davis, Correspondent

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a 4 door or 4 seater I am going to lose all of my respect for Lamborghini and truly realize Audi got the best of them.

FSCK!!

It's an SV

My vote is that it will be a vehicle of some sort with a Lamborghini badge.

Hmmm, you might be right?!! :eusa_think:

Mods close this thread until a day before the release. It's pissing me off hearing all of these insane ideas and I'm way too anxious. :eusa_naughty:

Shit, we've gone over this a million times.

For a car company to create a new model with a new chassis cost 100's of millions of dollars. (700-800). It takes years of development. How long did you see Ferrari California proto types running around? At least the last year and a half. And that was when they decided to allow the camouflaged cars to be seen in day light. That car was started 3 years ago.

Lamborghini does not have Ferrari's money or development centers. So think of the time it would take to create a new model with a new chassis. It's not going to happen. So all you teeny boppers shouting "OMG, OMG!!" like its the first time you saw a bare vagina, put your KY down. Its a Murcie SV or some derivative.

The question that should be asked, is now that Porsche has full control of VW (that was in this mornings news) Are they going to allow Audi to put the dollars into Lamborghini to build a Murcie replacement considering how old the technology in the Murcie is?

And I bet you dealers out there, can't wait to see another Murice derivative show up on your show room considering how many brand new ones are just plane sitting.

:iamwithstupid:

Amen. Love the teeny bopper part. :headbang:

On the larger scale Lamborghini isn't even a bug on the windsheild of Porsche or Ferrari. Not even close. That may break the hearts of the 18-year-olds-with-posters-on-the-wall members here but it's reality. They make great cars absolutely, the LP560-4 is untouchable right now really in terms of how well rounded it is, but it doesn't change the fact that thier economics are FAR from competing with the big two players in the sector.

Even if this concept was some useless masturbatory 4-door concept, it would be as "real" as the Miura concept was...meaning not at all. It's one thing to put together a one-off and call it a "possible production consideration" as the factory loves to pop off about, but quite another to actually spend the dollars required to PUT that concept into production.

The ONLY L-car that will see production over the next few years is the Murcie SV. Everything else is smoke and mirrors and has no chance of being greenlit by Audi brass due to the cost required. Even a Murcie replacement won't see the light of day before 2011, at LEAST.

Follow the money.

While we are doing all this useless speculating, lets start guessing how many pages this thread will go before the actual release!!

...not really though...

Shit, we've gone over this a million times.

For a car company to create a new model with a new chassis cost 100's of millions of dollars. (700-800). It takes years of development. How long did you see Ferrari California proto types running around? At least the last year and a half. And that was when they decided to allow the camouflaged cars to be seen in day light. That car was started 3 years ago.

Lamborghini does not have Ferrari's money or development centers. So think of the time it would take to create a new model with a new chassis. It's not going to happen. So all you teeny boppers shouting "OMG, OMG!!" like its the first time you saw a bare vagina, put your KY down. Its a Murcie SV or some derivative.

The question that should be asked, is now that Porsche has full control of VW (that was in this mornings news) Are they going to allow Audi to put the dollars into Lamborghini to build a Murcie replacement considering how old the technology in the Murcie is?

And I bet you dealers out there, can't wait to see another Murice derivative show up on your show room considering how many brand new ones are just plane sitting.

Yeah, but IIRC, the California started life as a Maserati. No one said Lamborghini had to develop a new car. Any car can be redesigned and any badge can be thrown on it. We already see overlapping with R8/Gallardo, so it wouldn't be that far fetched to see Porsche/Audi 2+2 development pass to Lamborghini.

It is most likley a Murci derivative, but it would by no means be impossible for it to be something completely different.

What we should expect is a four-door Lamborghini high-luxury gran turismo with the engine in front but behind the front axle, most likely sharing the architecture with the next Audi A8. "Safe to say," says our source, "that we have every resource available to us from the family of companies." Rumors of any tie-in with the Panamera architecture, given recent Volkswagen-Porsche developments, "are out of the question."

Inside Line via Autoblog.com

Full article here: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=131966

Hmmm, you might be right?!! :eusa_think:

Mods close this thread until a day before the release. It's pissing me off hearing all of these insane ideas and I'm way too anxious. :eusa_naughty:

While we are doing all this useless speculating, lets start guessing how many pages this thread will go before the actual release!!

...not really though...

I agree! !!

To those saying there's no way Lamborghini could have developed a new car with a new chassis, they didn't have to. They have all the sources they need at Audi for that stuff.

If it's a 4 door or 4 seater I am going to lose all of my respect for Lamborghini and truly realize Audi got the best of them.

FSCK!!

It's an SV

Wishful thinking... :P

:iamwithstupid:

Amen. Love the teeny bopper part. :headbang:

On the larger scale Lamborghini isn't even a bug on the windsheild of Porsche or Ferrari. Not even close. That may break the hearts of the 18-year-olds-with-posters-on-the-wall members here but it's reality. They make great cars absolutely, the LP560-4 is untouchable right now really in terms of how well rounded it is, but it doesn't change the fact that thier economics are FAR from competing with the big two players in the sector.

Even if this concept was some useless masturbatory 4-door concept, it would be as "real" as the Miura concept was...meaning not at all. It's one thing to put together a one-off and call it a "possible production consideration" as the factory loves to pop off about, but quite another to actually spend the dollars required to PUT that concept into production.

The ONLY L-car that will see production over the next few years is the Murcie SV. Everything else is smoke and mirrors and has no chance of being greenlit by Audi brass due to the cost required. Even a Murcie replacement won't see the light of day before 2011, at LEAST.

Follow the money.

Trust me on this Mako and don't forget my perfect track record.... I am always following my own path, going against the stream, this time too.

Everybody thinks it is the SV but not me. And don't forget my copyright !!! I was the one to say the Murci won't see the light of day before 2011, in another thread a while ago.

I will repeat my prediction as one of the first:

It is a concept car with 4 doors. The LP640 SV will not be presented untill spring next year. This is due to the decision of continuing production of the Murcielago untill 2010. Murci replacement will be out as a MY11, in September 2010.... as I have stated in another thread earlier.

I bet 100k EURO and my Gallardo Keys

ITS THE SUPERVELOCEEE

who wants to bet with come on...

it would be much more interesting how AKON call the new car.. :)))))

I am in on your bet and I have the cash to back it up :huh: !!!

You can start arranging transport to Monaco..... put the 100k in the trunk of the Gallardo...... -_-

Trust me on this Mako and don't forget my perfect track record.... I am always following my own path, going against the stream, this time too.

Everybody thinks it is the SV but not me. And don't forget my copyright !!! I was the one to say the Murci won't see the light of day before 2011, in another thread a while ago.

It is a concept car with 4 doors. The LP640 SV will not be presented untill spring next year. This is due to the decision of continuing production of the Murcielago untill 2010. Murci replacement will be out as a MY11, in September 2010.... as I have stated in another thread earlier.

Agree with your accuracy claims but the point is that it doesn't matter really as no concept car will be given the greenlight for production. Which makes this entire exercise a waste of time. Just as the Miura concept was.

Also the timing of the only truly new next model, the replacement Murcie, is in flux currently. The changing management situation throughout VAG over the next six months will have a deep impact throughout all divisions as Piech is removed by Porsche brass. No long term timeline is in stone after today's politics.

One thing that puzzles me is I do remember Winkelman telling us at the LP560 launch in Vegas that they would be sticking with the 2 car line. He also said that further advances would focus more on weight loss than horsepower increases. On a different note, some market research firm has been scheduling Gallardo owners to pick their brains about their cars. My appointment is Oct 2, oddly close to Paris. Not sure if that is related to this but seems timely.

Guest skokos
One thing that puzzles me is I do remember Winkelman telling us at the LP560 launch in Vegas that they would be sticking with the 2 car line. He also said that further advances would focus more on weight loss than horsepower increases. On a different note, some market research firm has been scheduling Gallardo owners to pick their brains about their cars. My appointment is Oct 2, oddly close to Paris. Not sure if that is related to this but seems timely.

Maybe winkelman was trying to throw any people sniffing for info on a new model off the trail?

i ve talked now with a guy from lamborghini thats 100% not the new Murcielago

thats the Final LP640 final production before the new Model was coming out

to sell the last LP640 Generations ..

100% the last of the LP640 before the new Murcielago comes up.

Completely new style , Reventon Look , price near 230.000 EURO

the car was officialy called Superveloce ( SV ) and will have about 30 - 40 horsepowers more then the LP640

with a hole different design , and is also Limited like the Reventons..i donnow how many pieces but more than 100 wich he say

u must now no one knows a lil bit serious things about this car but thats 100000 % the NEW SUPERVELOCE .. I bet Millions with u i m sure !!

I m realy interested now how the front looks like ;)

F**** normal Upgraded LP640 with different style ,Reventon look a like called SV nothing new...

THATS ALL I CAN SAY..

LETS SEE....

The problem with the 230000 Euro price is in US dollars that is $327000 less than a LP640 now. US base on 09 LP640 is 354000 prox

Right my only sensible input into this unnecessarily elongated thread of wild guesses.

First off styling.

Lambo released the controversially styled Revention, air craft styling with a mish mash of LED and speckly paint. The styling cues were used in the LP560 to produce a good looking car.

EVO magazine's article (Click here ) on the LP560's launch included some quotes from Lambo designer Manfred Fitzgerald

"Designer Manfred Fitzgerald says the idea is to make the Gallardo look wider and flatter, because Lamborghinis should be wide and flat. He also thinks LEDs can be over-used and has tried to keep these discreet. Helped by a new rear diffuser, the revised body shape gives 32 per cent more downforce to give a total of 20kg on the front wheels and 50kg on the rears at full chat. "

Now examine the believe he has for Lambos to be wide and flat, these are not characteristics that would make for a good looking 2+2.

Now lets look at the VAG and the platforms on offer because to me this the tell-tale signs of what is going to be going on they will not sanction products that will completely tread on each others toes.

Winkelmann has previously discounted a 4x4 and additionally he has added that Lambo will be a two model company. So with that in mind can you imagine Lambo only selling the LP560 and the V12 flagship model is a 2+2 tourer?

The only "sporty" 4 door out in production is Bentley and that is lux and not pure sport like Lamborghini are.

So the only big thing in the VW pipeline that I can think off is the Porsche Panamera.

Now lets look at the shape of it in spy shots

car_photo_281100_25.jpg

Now taking the comments that the designer has said does the above look like Lambo material?

Then you have the rear

car_photo_281094_25.jpg

Exhaust placement is nothing like the released picture. Then you have the fact that Porsche would not allow a "brand below them" to steal their thunder with a tourer especially as Porsche's competitor Aston Martin is looking to release a saloon like V12. So no platform sharing imo which means that Lambo would have to develop a new car (which would tread on big daddy Porsche's toes so they would not sign off the huge budget required) and we would have seen it testing.

The only Lambo we have spotted being tested is...

http://www.germancarblog.com/2008/04/lambo...y-shots-of.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/15/spy-sho...ago-sv-snapped/

However I doubt we will see a SV - the Gallardo SL did not sell as well as expected depending on who you talk to. I think we will see a lighter reskinned Murcie with 4 wheel drive and Revention hints, a few BHP under 700BHP.

I'm holding you to this on my friend!!

I can't see it. Also, it doesn't make any seance to run a central exhaust on a front engined car. Also, why would VW group allow Lamborghini to bring to the market a car that competes directly with the new Porsche, Bentley Spur and new Arnage.

My thing is this. They are having enough trouble selling the new cars right now. Do they really think a 4 door will be a big mass seller? They are crazy if they do.

I am praying it is a front-engined 2+2 coupe... I think that could be a hot seller and a direct competitor to Ferrari California or even the 612, and not stray too much from Lamborghini's mission.

Selling anything with more than 3 doors would be a move of desperation IMO...and a FAIL!

21image0071bi6.jpg

"Lamborghini’s top brass swore blind at the launch of the Gallardo that there was no stripped-out Murcielago LP640 waiting in the wings. ‘The LP640 is wild enough,’ Stephan Winkelmann, Lamborghini’s president told Car Magazine. But he’s obviously changed his mind – as these pictures prove as evidence. Despite the impenetrable ring of secrecy surrounding the development of this new iteration – no one at Lamborghini will officially acknowledge its existence – sources claim the LP640 will not adopt the Superleggera name, but rather the more hallowed Superveloce badge. First seen on the last of the Miura P400 (the one without the eyelashes around its headlamps) and later on the Diablo SV (Sport Veloce which lacked the VT’s all-wheel-drive system).

Superveloce is Italian for high speed… Expect it to bow in at the Frankfurt Motor Show this coming September, wearing a brash £230,000 price tag.

Although the LP640 is due for a final swan-song power hike before its Walter de’Silva-penned replacement arrives at the turn of the decade, it’s thought that the LP640 SV will go on an extreme diet and rely on a lower kerb weight and shorter gear ratios to give it even more ferocious in-gear go from its mid-mounted 6.5-litre V12.

Like the Gallardo Superleggera, the LP640 SV’s curb weight will drop by an anticipated 100kg to 1565kg, boosting its power-to-weight ratio to 409bhp per tonne. Fitting carbon ceramic brakes, stripping the cabin of everything but the essentials and even using titanium wheel nuts (like on the Gallardo Superleggera) should easily take care of the necessary weight loss, but the LP640 SV will retain its all-wheel-drive layout.

The weight reduction comes from swapping out a number of components with carbon fiber bits, like the door panels, engine cover, wing, mirrors and the central tunnel covering. Lamborghini is expecting to loose about 100-150 kg with this operation giving the Superleggera a weight of 1500-1550 kg instead of the 1665 kg of the LP640.

Whether the gigantic wing in the back will be an option like on the Gallardo, or whether it will be standard is uncertain. But with power likely to be reaching 700 bhp and with the lighter body it can be expected that the Superleggera will reach a top speed of 350 km/h in which case it could use as much help as possible to keep it on the track."