It’s not just a new Lamborghini. It’s a new world.

a007apl

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SV is a given and will be launched shortly. No harm no foul on me being absolutely correct there.

Third model line isn't in Audi's future, as they've proven with all of the diesel/v8 Gallardos, the rumors of the Lagartijo years ago now, the nonsense SUV PR in 05, the Miura concept, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Cheap PR, nothing more. Something to get the lips flapping, which judging by this thread they've succeeded in doing. Meanwhile the real story, which is the lack of a set-in-stone timeline by Audi on a Murcie replacement, gets brushed aside and everything continues at the factory as it has since 04. The future of this marque in terms of even being owned by VAG by 2012 is much more concerning, and interesting, than some pretend balsa-wood concept non-runner 2+2. :icon_thumleft:

I'd imagine that if VAG wanted to sell Lamborghini (and it would be at a killer profit over what they bought it for), they'd do it with a hot new product either imminent or freshly on sale (like Ford did with Jaguar around the XF launch) - an immediate, high-profile earner would make the prospect of ownership much more palatable for potential buyers. The period of time surrounding the Murcielago successor's launch will be the real test of VAG's commitment to the brand, in my opinion.

lamborghini_1_3.jpg

lamborghini_2.jpg

espadalagartijo.jpg

newespada1.jpg

9854288114.jpg

67fff0b1c2.jpg

b6aa42e530.jpg

Thats a much different exhaust then the one in the release.

The SV is a given and will be launched shortly. No harm no foul on me being absolutely correct there.

Third model line isn't in Audi's future, as they've proven with all of the diesel/v8 Gallardos, the rumors of the Lagartijo years ago now, the nonsense SUV PR in 05, the Miura concept, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Cheap PR, nothing more. Something to get the lips flapping, which judging by this thread they've succeeded in doing. Meanwhile the real story, which is the lack of a set-in-stone timeline by Audi on a Murcie replacement, gets brushed aside and everything continues at the factory as it has since 04. The future of this marque in terms of even being owned by VAG by 2012 is much more concerning, and interesting, than some pretend balsa-wood concept non-runner 2+2. :icon_thumleft:

This is exactly what I have been saying for the last year. Is VAG going to put the huge investment into building a Murcie replacement? This is their flagship car and it is totally out of date.

And now you are going to start seeing the backlash for the attitude of building too many cars. It's going to catch up with them. How many new Murcies and Gallardo's are sitting on show room floors? A ton. Some being 2007's. So now that their current line up is not selling, the really smart thing to do is add a 3rd line. Bad business. Lamborghini continues to over build for demand and thus ensures their cars will depreciate like a brick in a pond.

This comes at a time when there is a real chance to gain on Ferrari. Lamborghini was historically always better looking and faster than Ferrari, it's achillies heel being that they weren't as reliable and there was no real dealer network. Now they have an opportunity, with Ferrari going to a much more conservative approach (the California is a bitch car) they could easily take the market for more aggressive cars. Combine that with limited numbers and now you have sell able cars. Once you begin selling all your cars, and they become hard to get, then....!! you can go and add a 3rd line because you now have customers who want the brand.

This is not rocket science. It's basic business and all you have to do is look at Ferrari or Porsche for successful examples.

The Reventon was a joke, and now lets see what this latest stunt is.

Lamborghini was historically always better looking and faster than Ferrari, its achilles heel being that they weren't as reliable and there was no real dealer network.

Sorry to go off-topic but are you sure about the reliability comparison? We're talking about the company that produced the freaking Dino...

I'd add to the list that Lamborghini's main traditional weakness versus Ferrari has been useability/comfort (cramped cabins, awkward driving positions, close pedals, visibility...), which has certainly been reversed with the Gallardo.

I just hope it will not be a 4 door, that would be bad.

A new Lamborghini. The elegant realisation of technical potential

Automobili Lamborghini will unveil its new project at the Volkwagen Group Event ‘Driving Ideas’, in Paris on 1 October.

Come to the Lamborghini stand at the 2008 Paris Motorshow on press days, 2 and 3 of October – Hall 4, Stand 110

The official press release and pictures will be available from 1 October, 21.00 hours Central European Time, and available during Paris motor show press days.

th_81828_teaser3_122_201lo.jpg

Wow. Strange. In these times I really wonder if there's room for another luxury 4 door. Especially with the Porsche Panamerica. What's even stranger to me is that VAG will be competing with it's self. Bentley/Panamerica/4 door Lambo. Weird.

Wow. Strange. In these times I really wonder if there's room for another luxury 4 door. Especially with the Porsche Panamerica. What's even stranger to me is that VAG will be competing with it's self. Bentley/Panamerica/4 door Lambo. Weird.

He's already doing it with the Gallardo and the R8.

Because I wish we "one day" he he..... will see a super sporty, luxurious, ultra fast Lamborghini Grand Turismo ( GT ) with flamboyant design. Lamborghini "going back to it's roots".

I could see quite a few people (even here) buy a Lamborhini GT, next to their Gallardo or Murcielago. Most Lamborghini owners owns quite a few cars and would like a Lamborghihi with 4 seats, bringing the kids or driving models home from the night club.....(now we are talking) Lamborghi owners are very passionate about their brand and would gladly change their other GT for a Lamborghini.

Think of Aston Martin DB9, Masarati Grand Turismo, Ferrari 612....Take Bentleys succes in consideration with the GT... and GTC.

Automobili Lamborghini S.P.A would make a smart move producing a GT, because if it is a big succes like Bentley, they can launch a GTC ( Spyder/cabriolet) later.

Business wise this would make sense, right guys? What do you think ?

I'm with you !! :iamwithstupid:

The new model in USA at 11/19/2008 - Los Angeles Auto Show

I was told the LP560spyder would be launched at the LA show

Add in the possible removal of Peich due to recent politics combined with any possible changes to VAG's strategy over the next few years as Porsche asserts control and you quickly see how unlikely any third model line is for lambo, no matter how well recieved by the public.

I just don't see the large investment at the factory required to produce a third line being greenlit by VAG brass. Too easy to let Lambo sit where it is, two lines, slightly profitable, and allow other divisions of VAG to tackle this segment (Panamera).

Add in the possible removal of Peich due to recent politics combined with any possible changes to VAG's strategy over the next few years as Porsche asserts control and you quickly see how unlikely any third model line is for lambo, no matter how well recieved by the public.

I just don't see the large investment at the factory required to produce a third line being greenlit by VAG brass. Too easy to let Lambo sit where it is, two lines, slightly profitable, and allow other divisions of VAG to tackle this segment (Panamera).

Agree totally but why waste money on a 4 door concept?

Nice Alpha Romeo lights!

Looks to me like a rear light configuration of the new LP560-4 just squashed.

Why did you all focus on a foor doors body??? Except the Faena and the Portofino (and the LM), there are no 4 doors Lamborghini. And knowing that Porsche will launch the Panamera, it's not possible that Lamborghini present a car against Porsche. Lamborghini is fighting with Ferrari, and Ferrari will never produce a 4 door. What seems to be the reality is that Lamborghini will present a 2 doors coupe, a real GT like the 612 but much impressive!!

And like i whrite here few days ago, it's not impossible that the Murcielago SV will be presented also. 2 murcielago will be on the stand (from an official sourcing).

I guess in "europe" people see things in a slightly different way that the american market.... I guess...? :eusa_think: Lambo is loosing it, damn it! the porsche and the aston 4doors are BUTT UNGLY lets hope LAMBO does not follow on their crappy designs.