1200HP ZR Auto/IMSA/Heffner Murcielago

porter

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a VERY sweet car when it is done!!! ZR Auto did the body kit, custom paint, custom interior and Heffner is doing the TT!!!

Jason, is there aftermarket wheels on this car yet? if so what kind/color?

Curious why they did they bodywork first...wouldn't it have made more sense to do engine THEN widebody???...just asking

I'm interested in finding out more about this twin turbo Murcielago. I don't have any doubt that the chassis, despite having an aging design, can withstand the increase in power. I'd actually be more concerned about the AWD system. A 1200HP Murcielago would decimate so many other vehicles out there! Let's hope the build comes along well and reliability doesn't become an issue.

How is the frame going to cope with power/torque? Any mods to the frame?

regular Murci or LP640?

Regular Murcie. 02 or 03, 6 speed I recall. Owner drives very hard, like rhyno.

Regular Murcie. 02 or 03, 6 speed I recall. Owner drives very hard, like rhyno.

Haha Yes it is true! They don't call us Crazy Canucks for nothing!

Is this going to be the first quality build of a TT Murci?

Are there other tuners working on or have produced a quality TT Murcie? These are genuine questions.

I gather from indirect experience that Heffner puts out quality, reliable kits and was the first to do so with the G.

Heffner's pipes may not be pretty, but they are functional. I gather that he does not stand around all day polishing his pipe, nor do his builders stand around all day polishing their pipes with red-faced, sweaty vigor as some tuners are wont to do, both in the garage and across internet forums.

Is Heffner's work going to serve as the R&D platform for other tuners? And after some passage of time, will other tuners offer a somewhat similar product, with the major differentiation being polished pipes? I can see the other tuners brochures: "We polish our pipes all day and with loving care; sometimes we polish our pipes in a circle, other times we polish our pipes in the bathroom alone and behind closed doors, but we always polish our pipes with unmitigated glee; whether in public or in private....rest assured knowing that our pipes are fully polished and spit-shined.

:eek3dance:

The first car is a 2003 580 HP Murci six speed. It was not my decision to make regarding whether the body kit or the turbo system happened first but I can tell you that this car will be incredible. Ryan, no wheels yet but we do need some before we can show this thing off.

Are there other tuners working on or have produced a quality TT Murcie? These are genuine questions.

I gather from indirect experience that Heffner puts out quality, reliable kits and was the first to do so with the G.

Heffner's pipes may not be pretty, but they are functional. I gather that he does not stand around all day polishing his pipe, nor do his builders stand around all day polishing their pipes with red-faced, sweaty vigor as some tuners are wont to do, both in the garage and across internet forums.

Is Heffner's work going to serve as the R&D platform for other tuners? And after some passage of time, will other tuners offer a somewhat similar product, with the major differentiation being polished pipes? I can see the other tuners brochures: "We polish our pipes all day and with loving care; sometimes we polish our pipes in a circle, other times we polish our pipes in the bathroom alone and behind closed doors, but we always polish our pipes with unmitigated glee; whether in public or in private....rest assured knowing that our pipes are fully polished and spit-shined.

:iamwithstupid:

thats got to be the post of the year :headbang: I love it :lol2:

DLM was first to market already with a quality TT Murcielago kit. From what I recall, he was already working on more cars as well. His wasn't too far from that number too from my seat of the pants experience in it.

I LOVE that IMSA kit minus some of the fins.

Jason, can you tell us a ballpark figure that he paid for the IMSA kit?

I have seen some MSRP prices but wasn't sure if that's what people actually pay.

Um, if you remove the fins there is nothing left except a wider front fender and a ugly tailpipe :eusa_think:

I said SOME not all! :)

I don't like the ones on the fender arches and I LOVE that tail pipe!!