1200HP ZR Auto/IMSA/Heffner Murcielago

porter

Any 1300rwhp car is flat out scary to drive or ride in. Even sitting in the passenger seat with an experienced driver at those power levels, you see them quiver under full boost/throttle.

I guess you have got to ride in an Underground Gallardo.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you even been in a 1000 WHP car?

Multiple, driven some ~1400rwhp cars as well. It's like anything, you get acclimated to the speed and 1k starts to feel normal.

Jason will vouch for how nutty my friend Paolo is, and i'm right up there with him. Say what you will, debate what's driveable etc. But done right you can drive a 1300 whp car safely on the street.

I just got back in from doing some V Box runs. This outing was at about 950 rwhp. I have e mailed the data to Aaron and he should have it all analyzed shortly.

Thanks for emailing the files Jason, the car is very fast. 60-130mph in 5.10 seconds on a .02% incline (basically perfectly flat) in 90 degree weather. Both of your shifts were .2 seconds, very impressive. Makes me want a Murci TT.

Here is the graph.

post-6539-1251502319_thumb.jpg

Guest skokos
Thanks for emailing the files Jason, the car is very fast. 60-130mph in 5.10 seconds on a .02% incline (basically perfectly flat) in 90 degree weather. Both of your shifts were .2 seconds, very impressive. Makes me want a Murci TT.

Here is the graph.

smoking fast at only 950 hp!!

Thank you Aaron. It's really hard to tell what is "fast" any more judging by the seat of my pants. My perception of "fast" is a bit skewed. Does anybody have 60-130 numbers from a stock 580 HP Murci?

We also put up some high resolution images of the turbo system on our site:

http://www.heffnersperformance.com/heffner_murcielago.htm

Click on Murci TT and then there is a link to the images.

teaserTTM.jpg

Not really.

Well maybe not for some but for those who don't drive 1000 bhp cars daily it is pretty crazy.

I was able to get a 7.85 sec 60-130mph in my stock LP640 in very favorable conditions (cool temps, allowed decline etc). I think in similar conditions to what Jason ran the TT Murci in a stock 6.2 Murci would run at best 9.5 - 10 seconds in a 60-130mph run.

Aaron

Guest skokos

7.3 - Porsche Carrera GT

7.56*C5 Z06TT (APS Turbo, no cats, stock muffler, 573 rwhp @ 9.5 psi) / 1 shift

7.73*997TT with ECU flash / 2 shifts

7.86*POS C6 Plastic mess-06, stock, Divexxtreme / 2 shifts)

8.07*Lamborghini LP640 / 2 shifts

8.86*Stock 997TT / 32 degrees, Tiptronic (0 shifts)

9.10*993 Ruf R Turbo 490 HP / 2 shifts

9.4 - Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0

9.5 - Ferrari F430

9.6 - Ferrari F50

10.06*996TT with ECU flash / 1 shift

10.9 - Lamborghini Murcielago

11.7 - Ferrari Challenge Stradale

12.1 - Lamborghini Gallardo

9.4 - Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0

10.9 - Lamborghini Murcielago

12.1 - Lamborghini Gallardo

A 10.9 sounds a bit on the slow side of reality for the 6.2 Murci. A 12.1 also sounds slow for a stock Gallardo. A 9.4 for the 6.0 sounds reasonable.

TT Murci - 740 feet

stock lp640 - 1152 feet

renntech slr - 972 feet

SPI 997TT tip - 959 feet

renntech sl65 - 1088 feet

TTG old set up (pump) 857 feet

TTG old set up (race) 740 feet

TTG new set up (pump) 756 feet

TTG new set up (race) 589 feet

Aaron

Thank you Aaron. It's really hard to tell what is "fast" any more judging by the seat of my pants. My perception of "fast" is a bit skewed. Does anybody have 60-130 numbers from a stock 580 HP Murci?

post-11907-1251503099_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the link and good luck with the project. Are you guys coming down to the Texas Mile in October?

post-11907-1251503099_thumb.jpg

Looks amazing Jason! :icon_pray:

When you run forced induction to a bigger motor you should get MUCH higher torque gains than on a smaller motor.

I look forward to seeing Jason's graph for this car. If I had to guess, it makes the similar or more torque than it does HP.

On your 100 tune, you probably made 1100whp/818tq where Jason's TT LP640 may make 1000rwhp/1050tq (6.5 liter V-12 with Forced induction WILL make more torque than a 5.0 liter V-10 with Forced induction). And even though you have 20's they are probably the stickiest tires you can buy other than DR's. Put some regular continentals on your car and see how they spin through 3rd and into 4th.

The night in question was about 60 degrees too, and it was a cold start. IIRC he was trying to see what happens when you open the wastegates at an earlier RPM vs. later RPM. You can believe what you want. I was there. :icon_thumleft:

Also this is not the car you saw at the Miami Racetrack. This car was a 6 speed and running more boost than the TT Murcie at the racetrack.

When I gave you my Torque reading it was on an ALL WHEEL dyno, while DLM, Jason all dyno in RWD.

You must remember we are NOT talking about a 8liter Viper V10 which makes massive amounts of torque... We are talking about a 6.3 liter High reving V12 which will NOT make the torque, just as it doesnt do in STOCK form. The Murcis V12 will make similar torque to the V10..

As for tires, there is a big difference in hooking a 20 inch tire vs a 18 inch tire right off the bat.... not to mention a 355 vs a 315... But lastly Aarons car on reg Invos hooks and goes in 2nd gear on the stock 18"s :icon_thumleft:

And last but not least, no offense to Doug but in what way does it behove him to NEVER release any of his dyno sheets? Constatntly hearing Hearsay mostly from you does get to be rather annoying. no offense..

TT Murci - 740 feet

stock lp640 - 1152 feet

renntech slr - 972 feet

SPI 997TT tip - 959 feet

renntech sl65 - 1088 feet

TTG old set up (pump) 857 feet

TTG old set up (race) 740 feet

TTG new set up (pump) 756 feet

TTG new set up (race) 589 feet

Aaron

Your new G on race is hitting the mark in half the distance of a stock 640. That is incredible. There's over a football field between the two at 130.

Your new G on race is hitting the mark in half the distance of a stock 640. That is incredible. There's over a football field between the two at 130.

Those are just the distances it took for the cars to go from 60-130mph. They dont represent the distance gaps in a race.

In 4.09 seconds (the time it took the TTG on race to go 60-130), the stock Lp640 (starting from 60mph) traveled 502 feet and was going 103mph. This puts it 87 feet behind the TTG or 5 car lengths in just over 4 seconds.

Aaron