ITSYELLO Murci Crash

Gilligan740

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nose too low? How did you get it fixed?

WTF? They are supposed to have wood blocks that they place in front of the front wheels to drive up onto the ramp.

I just went through this a few days ago. Had it towed twice. Each flat bed had a set of wood blocks to keep me from bottoming out.

WTF? They are supposed to have wood blocks that they place in front of the front wheels to drive up onto the ramp.

I just went through this a few days ago. Had it towed twice. Each flat bed had a set of wood blocks to keep me from bottoming out.

After 9pm, there are only 4 flatbeds serving all of the greater Pittsburgh area and none had enough blocks to get me onto a flatbed. As low as my front end is, they needed to build a huge ramp and they only had like 3 boards.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a happy ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have my new 08 Balloon white lp640 delivered next week.

This is the story with names deleted as I don't need to get shitty.

My car started to have a gas smell and what looked like a small pool of fluid on the ground under the engine, called the Lambo dealer and they arranged to have it picked up.

After a few days of looking they could not see any fuel leaks so decided to remove the fuel tank and low and behold a hidden weld was seeping.

New fuel tank was expidited and arrived in only a few days and replaced, car is now 100% but needs an alignment as the rear suspension was dropped to replace the fuel tank.

Car was taken to a local high end new car dealer who has all the up to date alignment equipment and a Tech that has worked on Lambo and Ferrari for many years.

It turns out this tech decided he was a race car driver and took one of his other mechanics out for a joy ride in my car, over cooked a corner (probably with cold tires) and ran off the road through a fence and hit 3 other cars.

He then proceeded to tell the police and local newspaper that he was doing 45 mph max and the car had a mechanicle failure that caused the crash.

Although when you look at the car, 3 out of 4 wheels and suspensions are smashed, every single panel excluding the roof are damaged and untold damages to the underside must exist as the rear of the car now sits on the chassis not the wheels. The police took his word and put this in the accident repors and the local newspaper published these (facts).

Lambo corporate and the second dealers insurance got wind of the so called mechanicle failure and both demanded a full investigation.

Although I have not been made privy to the full report the conclusion was that the second dealers insurance took responsibility.

That being said they then decided that this was now a used car and offered me a settlement based on the current economic climate and a 14 month old used Lambo.

This would not please me but after some negotiations between myself the Lambo dealer and the Second dealer extra money has been put on the table that allows the purchase of the new car and have the modifications that were on the first car repeated to the new car.

Although the outcome has been acceptable to me the last few weeks have been hell and a lesson learned.

All I need now are some good suggestions for a new licence plate or should I just keep with "itsyello" and let every one wonder why?

Russell

WASYELLO

Stupid from the tech, will they (your dealer ?) still go there?

Congrats with the new LP, which bi-color interior have you got?

I am ok and thanks for the concern.

Can't go into detail at the moment but I can say that I was not the driver and at the time of the accident I was sitting in an airport on my way to Oklahoma.

Will fill in on details when I can.

Russell

Dude... That sucks!

Keep the original tag and the story that goes along with it.

I'm sure your blood pressure went through the roof when they tried to stick you for "current economic conditions". Glad to hear it worked out to a new white 640. Drool. That's exactly what I would like to swap out my Murci with. Hmmmmm......(thinks about calling Lambo ATL to have Murci sent out for alignment)

I saw a truck in LA that had white pride, but spelled differently. (can't remember how)

Don't recommend that one.

How about honky? You know honky=white! ;)

I would have killed the person driving. Seriously, I would have killed him.

:iamwithstupid:

Only decision would be gunshot OR torture!!

If you want to get shot you could always go with "whtpwr" (its a joke dont get pissed) :icon_mrgreen: :P

I say keep ITSYELLO. Pay respect to fallen comrades. Its not the cars fault it crashed. Keep its soul alive. Plus its a conversation peice when ppl ask about the name. If not I think some variation of ITSWHITE would be good. Post pics when the new one arrives.

some guy is claiming you're getting a scuderia instead of another LP :eusa_naughty: http://www.luxury4play.com/lamborghini/193...ambo-wreck.html

I'm glad to hear it'll be another LP640, the hottest car out right now :icon_mrgreen:

God how do these things get around so fast.

Truth is if you look at the Sam lambo thread I was weighing my options and yes earlier this week I drove a 599 and scud, went as far as asking for a cost on the scud as I thought what a great fun car it was.

Spent a couple of hrs thinking and decided I needed 12 cylinders and lambo doors so called and said I was not interested anymore.

The web is a great place but can be a bit like chineese whispers if you are not careful.

Hope to smooth over a last wrinkle with the white lp640 and have it delivered asap.

Russell