Go watch "SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE" movie

rakjoe

The best movie for insomnia is Che. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN SIT THROUGH MORE THAN 20 MINUTES!

Wow, and to think it was originally 4 hours long. :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?! NO MENTION OF TRAINSPOTTING?!

trainspottingtoilet.jpg

Shallow Grave (also starring Ewan McGregor) is pretty good too if you haven't seen it.

To whomever deleted my post (?), my apology for posting that link.

Yup, no offense to anyone, but INDIA is definitely NOT on my list of places to visit.

agreed,

and this kept me from watching this movie when it first came out.

but honestly when i did see it about a month ago i have to say it is one of the best movies of all time.

and this kept me from watching this movie when it first came out.

but honestly when i did see it about a month ago i have to say it is one of the best movies of all time.

Exactly what happened to me... and I agree that it is one of the greatest movies of all time..

Boyle also did the film The Beach. Worth checking out for three things. Thailand's scenery, Virginie Ledoyen and Robert Carlyle as Daffy. Other than that the film was terrible and people should read the book by Alex Garland which the film is based on.

Boyle also did the film The Beach. Worth checking out for three things. Thailand's scenery, Virginie Ledoyen and Robert Carlyle as Daffy. Other than that the film was terrible and people should read the book by Alex Garland which the film is based on.

I didn't even think the film did a good job of showing off the scenery. Total failure.

Boyle's a curiously patchy director, I also thought 28 Days Later was a horrendous piece of shit. But with so much positivity surrounding Slumdog, I think I'll give it a watch...

Great flick and in keeping with Bollywood tradition (at least I think its quite popular in Bollywood films) a nice little song & dance scene at the end! Certainly one of the best movies I've seen in a long long time...

ive actually been to that beach, and even after the tsunami reaked havoc on it, its still one of the most beautiful places ive ever been (for both the nature, and the fact that every girl on the beach when we went looked like a super model) and the water is the warmest ive ever experienced, just heaven.

I didn't even think the film did a good job of showing off the scenery. Total failure.

Boyle's a curiously patchy director, I also thought 28 Days Later was a horrendous piece of shit. But with so much positivity surrounding Slumdog, I think I'll give it a watch...

28 days is also one of my fav's kind of like the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu man :D

Great flick and in keeping with Bollywood tradition (at least I think its quite popular in Bollywood films) a nice little song & dance scene at the end! Certainly one of the best movies I've seen in a long long time...

that was the only part of the movie i didnt approve of. but at least it was just the credits.

Guest skokos

Come on guys...It was a great movie,entertaining,some laughs and enjoyable to watch..but BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME??

• 2 weeks later...

congrats to BOYLE and crew for SLUMDOG wins:

- BEST PICTURE

- BEST DIRECTOR

- BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

- BEST ORIGINAL SCORE

- BEST ORIGINAL SONG

- BEST FILM EDITING

- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

- BEST SOUND MIXING

Domination.

Really cool to see a foreign film win it, shows that good old US still values quality over everything.

Domination.

Really cool to see a foreign film win it, shows that good old US still values quality over everything.

Come on, the total domination has more to do with ULTERIOR MOTIVES than it being the only worthy movie around....

By rewarding Slumdog, the US film industry is probably looking to get more of our movies shown in India. Some kind of business opportunity has to be driving this.

Either that or a pathetic need to be "politically correct".

Jesus.....It bent all the other movies at the Oscar's tonight.

One of the best movies I have ever seen... made my top 5 !

Who knew India can be so cool.. :icon_super:

I can tell a good movie when I see one.. :icon_super:

To your attention Allan Lambo-clueless, you and your Mama Mia.. :icon_fU:

Come on, the total domination has more to do with ULTERIOR MOTIVES than it being the only worthy movie around....

By rewarding Slumdog, the US film industry is probably looking to get more of our movies shown in India. Some kind of business opportunity has to be driving this.

Either that or a pathetic need to be "politically correct".

By your logic Chinese movies should be winning Oscars from now on.