OMG!! JUICEE63!! (car recovered p.13)

I wish I had more discretionary income like you and a lot of people on LP, but, I dont. Sometimes moral support goes a lot farther than monetary.

Ya for sure! tell that to Juicee! :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I had more discretionary income like you and a lot of people on LP, but, I dont. Sometimes moral support goes a lot farther than monetary.

If you were rolling in the dough would you 'lend' this guy money?

If you were rolling in the dough would you 'lend' this guy money?

If I was Bill Gates I wouldnt give this guy money for this purpose under these circumstances. HONESTLY, anybody who does isnt doing him any favors in the long run.... Just delaying the inevitable....

Guys like this and the people who helped get them into these cars and houses for that matter that they couldn't afford is part of the reason we are where we are right now.

EXACTLY! Like the fcuking douches that financed their houses over FORTY YEARS or their exotics over TWELVE YEARS!

WTF?!

you miss the point.

No he doesnt...

I do appreciate your compliments in previous posts (and you know I try to "keep it real").

So, I'll go ahead and say something everyone else probably feels but dont have the patience to explain the reason for such negative responses. Shit, my servers and phones are down (and the serviceguy is 45min out) so I have time to kill anyways...

Would you give him the money, really? or is moral support THAT cheap? Do you give every vagabond/homeless guy you see on the street, money? Or do you pat him on the back and shake his hand, give him a hug and say, "dont worry, everything'll be alright, I got your back"??? Just think about that for a sec.

we can all empathize with a hard luck case that just needs a helping start, (and "moral support" is sometimes the BEST thing to give one in those cases) rather than money (dont try to teach a bunch of smart life-experinced guys about morals here).....In this guys case, he deserves neither.

Losing a $90,000 car because your business slowed down, and then asking others to bail you out to get the CAR back, is plain stupid. Sympathy isnt cheap (yes, getting stepped on sucks). If he had the cash, why not sue the MoFos at the repo for the cash articles he claimed in the vehicle (he must have receipt of withdrawal somewhere right?) you ARE allowed to pick up your personals from the repo spot immediately after (he shoulda follwed them there). No other car? get a taxi, baller, and bust-ass it over there THAT day...

Why not ask for money to feed your kid, or pay exorbidant hospital bills instead or even public transpo, cheaper car and/or money for a rental car even. THAT might be a reason for more sympathy. But for the "love of bringing my MercBaby home", please save it.

He's either a super-tool (trying to get a CLS63 back like this) OR scamming people who have the same interests in Mercs that may be sympathetically dumbed into giving him money to pay other bills he can no longer afford...

Just cause people on here may own Lambos doesnt mean they dont know a thing or two about a hard life...Most came from that, and got to where they are through careful, planning and hard work. And eventhough there may be a contingent here that would be willing to "front" some money for a friend in need, I dont think anyone would find much sense in doing it for something that we all STILL know and would be willing to accept, what we could live without...

Wow.

I can't afford gas to try and get a job and just had to tell my kids that they can no longer play organized sports because I simply cannot afford the registration.

My daughter even threw out the old "I hate you" deal, which crushed my heart.

I hope that guy gets his Mercedes back though.

EXACTLY! Like the fcuking douches that financed their houses over FORTY YEARS or their exotics over TWELVE YEARS!

WTF?!

People actually finance exotics for 12 years? That sends up a flare that screams "Living beyond my means" or, "Poser" or "I'm a dumbass"

The American economy hasn't finished crumbling yet, we've been living too long on credit.

If you don't know history, it's going to repeat itself.

I.E. Germany post WWI, had to repay France, couldn't do it, so they just kept printing money...don't have it again? Print some more. This sound familiar to anyone?

Then the Deutsche Marc, took a massive shit and was essentially worthless. This is the future for the USD. As Metallica put it... "Sad, but true."

WTF?!

That and the idiots that used 3 or 5 year arms. I used a 5 year arm in a house I knew I was going to sell no matter what in 3 years. When I bought that house we knew the market was going up, but we calculated that in the 3 years even if the house depreciated 10% it would be a break even on how much rent would have been, plus we would have had credit score improvment etc. For the house I bought in a declining market, I bought way below my means and despite the 10-20% probably value loss on this house I'm still not upside down due to my down payment and 15year fixed financing. So I have no sympathy for overextenders, and am pretty pissed about people wanting principal reduction or finance rate reduction unless I get the same. I shouldn't be penalized for being prudent.

Wow.

I can't afford gas to try and get a job and just had to tell my kids that they can no longer play organized sports because I simply cannot afford the registration.

I don't. He will just get it repoed again when he has to make another payment with money out of his own pocket. All he's doing with the $7,000 is delaying the inevatible.

People actually finance exotics for 12 years? That sends up a flare that screams "Living beyond my means" or, "Poser" or "I'm a dumbass"

The American economy hasn't finished crumbling yet, we've been living too long on credit.

144 month financing was apparently pretty popular. There were threads (and arguments) on here about it.

And don't the genius who bought a Gallardo on a bunch of credit cards... Wonder what ever happened to him.

I don't. He will just get it repoed again when he has to make another payment with money out of his own pocket. All he's doing with the $7,000 is delaying the inevatible.

:iamwithstupid:

Reminds me of what the Gov't is doing with GM.

I would rather take the bus and still have respect for myself.

If this was a kidney I would understand his post.

:iamwithstupid:

I know, I agree with you. I meant that in a sarcastic manner.

Although I am going to use some Juicee reasoning and excuse in my own life. When the government comes to take my house and evict me and my kids, I'm going to tell them that I swear I had the $59K cash that I owe in the pocket of my Randy River dress slacks when I took them to the dry cleaners.

Those people must have stolen it.

If you don't know history, it's going to repeat itself.

I.E. Germany post WWI, had to repay France, couldn't do it, so they just kept printing money...don't have it again? Print some more. This sound familiar to anyone?

Then the Deutsche Marc, took a massive shit and was essentially worthless. This is the future for the USD. As Metallica put it... "Sad, but true."

Wasn't it like US$1 = 1 billion DM before WWII started?

I don't wish this person any harm as I don't know this person, but abandoning your pride over something obtainable in the future us immoral to me. Cars can be replaced, reputation cannot. I can tell you that I have never been in a position where I stand to lose everything that I worked so hard for, but at the same time I came from nothing so I know the true value of things. There is a difference between starting off wealthy and losing your wealth to starting off in poverty and slowly working your way towards wealth. Like I said, I'm trying not to be judgmental here as I don't know this person's situation but I couldn't care less for him. A car is a car, you can always own one again in the future.

Christ.....i cant help but feel everyone is a tad harsh over this. Giving or receiving, and especially if Allan is right, I wouldnt wish that on anyone. I myself have been on the brink of losing everything, however little that maybe to certain folk herein, and until you have been there I do not believe you can truly relate.

I dont know him or his personality.... have no idea what hes going to do with the money if he gets it.....but if he really is in that position I wish the best of luck.

Wow.

Is this true? Because if it isn't, you made me very sad for no reason......especially the "I hate you" bit.

What is your idea of hard times? Losing a car? What is your idea of life being brutal? No friends? If you're losing your car because it is being repossessed then you are more likely mismanaging your income. If you're lonely and have no friends then you are more likely lacking social skills.

I'm glad to hear that I can count on you for support, I'm sure almost all of us here are mature enough to support each other through issues that life throws at us. Although it seems we are all picking on this person, which most of us are, the overall situation isn't nearly as disastrous as it may seem. He is losing a car, not a loved one.

The point I was trying to make from my original post is that most of us, including myself, have gone through hard times. Yes, this guy is young guy who is a little misguided. But, without friends, or someone who can help when times are tough, life would be brutal. I am not just talking about monetary support, but moral support. To rub this guy in dirt when he is down, true or not, I feel is just wrong. Call me a bleeding heart. If this guy is a lying bastard, karma is a motherfucker. Nature will take its course.

Compassion for your fellow man is not a bad thing, and maybe if there were more, this world wouldnt be so fucked up.

Just a thought. If any of you need some moral support, you can count on me.

In all the years I've been reading your posts I don't recall of any time I've come across you being so harsh. Wow, it almost seems as if this person did something to you on a personal level.

fcuk him... And i like how you added "Moral" support... we all know you werent about to lend a buck...

Moral support supercedes monetary support exponentially. Money can always be earned, friendship can't.

Yeah, me too. I don't even have any children but I can imagine how heart-wrenching that is... :(

Is this true? Because if it isn't, you made me very sad for no reason......especially the "I hate you" bit.

Please explain. I tried that before and it didn't turn out.

Hey Hiro Miyamoto just for future reference, you can quote multiple people at one time ;)

Please explain. I tried that before and it didn't turn out.

Just click on the + Quote button on all the posts you'd like to reply to and then press Add Reply and you'll have multi-quotes!