Beautiful Yachts

Lamborghini_IL

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wally 125 would be ideal. I'm not huge into boating, (getting there), but the Wally's stand out so much and I have yet to see a more beautiful boat.

With boats over 100', do you need crews? And are they restrictive to where you can go? I'd rather have a "smaller" yacht with no crew - and be small enough to go places these cruise-liners can't.

Some shots I took at the Monaco Grand Prix..

Picture015.jpg

Amazing when you see the scale.....on it's own the smaller yacht I'm sure is impressive, but alongside the megayacht it is dwarfed!

Sometimes when you see these megayachts in pics on their own in the water you lose reference to their sheer size.

Cool Pic Joe

Picture015.jpg

That right there is the difference between being rich...and being wealthy. at least in my books.

I like this one :)

WP64_0154_z.jpg

WP64_0371_z.jpg

_C3X1924_c.jpg

_C3X1881_c.jpg

It's not that big, 64', and the quote I got was around US$2.XX million...forgot exactly.

Benkei - what the hell is that one called?? Kinda looks similar to a Walley. It is beautiful

I am completely new to boating, so I have to ask:

You spend 20 mil on a boat, what do you do with it? Go to Cannes to show off.. then what? Can that thing make it across the Ocean? Aren't there pirates all over Somalia/Africa so you can't really get your Magellan on. How many days in a row can you stay and party in one spot?

I mean the premise is fcuking awesome, so I have to be missing some other fun reasons people buy big boats.

You spend 20 mil on a boat, what do you do with it? Go to Cannes to show off.. then what? Can that thing make it across the Ocean? Aren't there pirates all over Somalia/Africa so you can't really get your Magellan on. How many days in a row can you stay and party in one spot?

I mean the premise is fcuking awesome, so I have to be missing some other fun reasons people buy big boats.

We had a thread with the same question:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...shing&st=20

I quote one of the responses there:

There is no point in owning a yacht, but when you have a pointless amount of money, you don't need to have a point.

Kinda makes sense to me :icon_mrgreen:

$20 million won't get you anything cool enough to impress anyone in the south of France... You need to add another zero for a serious yacht. A Lurssen such as Kismet I posted above is in the $200 million range. The annual operating costs are said to be roughly 10% of the price. In many cases they're chartered out when the owners aren't using them.

Yes, many of them have the range to make it across the Atlantic, but many owners don't care to subject them to that. Dockwise Yacht Transport is a popular way to ship them back and forth between the summer in the Med, and winter in Florida or the Caribbean.

I hate flying, it's too boring, for me travel by ship is the only way to go. Until I can come up with $200 million for the yacht of my dreams though I'll have to settle for the Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria to see the world.

Well for me boating can be at its best alone in the middel of nowhere, going to noplace special, just enjoying the sea. I promise my pulse allways drops a notch when I step aboard (even if its a speed boat) Theres something very special about the ocean.

Showing off seldom gives pleasure, no matter on land, sea or air.

There is no point in owning a yacht, but when you have a pointless amount of money, you don't need to have a point.

LO, good one!

From what I have read, to be considered having a big yacht these days, you need one at least 200 feet long. 150 feet used to be considered big, but now 150 feet is smaller.

If you are a multibillionaire, you can get a $200 million ultra-huge yacht, however some of the owners I have heard of experience "Oversized Yacht Syndrome," where the thing is so big and over-engineered that it takes the joys out of boating, although to each their own, it depends on the person. Same with mansions.

I hope to at least own a 200 footer some day, that will be big enough for me :)

Thing is, when you are wealthy enough to afford a 150 foot to 200 foot yacht, I am sure you are also wealthy enough to charter out the big $200 million yachts as well.

I also like those exploration yachts, the ones built to go into rough areas.

We had a thread with the same question:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...shing&st=20

I quote one of the responses there:

Kinda makes sense to me :icon_mrgreen:

HOLY **** I can't believe I am the one who started that thread!!! ME, I actually asked "What is the point of owning a yacht!?" WOW, I sure have changed over these last two years :icon_mrgreen: You buy one because you can and because they are beautiful and because you want your own.

As for security, the big yachts have full security for potential pirates and terrorists, from security systems to security guards on board. One of Paul Allan's even could have had a torpedo protection system, but he opted against it!