Guest skokos

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 million EURO

with an annual income of 500k-1million is more than enough.

That's just living the good life and being able to do many things. I don't want or need to get too crazy.

If I would have a billion or more I would set up my own foundation and would set up things in Africa etc.

I would be happy with a networth of 10 million and 20,000 residual income comming every month..

I imagine there's alot of former real estate and mortgage brokers that'd beg to differ with you.....I know a few that had just that from their own business and now have nothing and are working for someone else now.

Sorry to put a downer on this but as the doctors have said my wife has less than three months to live I would GIVE 200 billion to find a cure for breast cancer ( if I had it )

Im very sorry to hear that,.... but you just somed it up, as much as we all would love to have billions and millions to live off of. All of it is worthless when you have no one to share it with.

scan0002.jpg

3rd Month:

$750M - Great Dane Shelter, Rescue, and Medical Research Foundation (will service all animals though) :icon_thumleft:

$250M - Gifted to friends, family, etc.

4th Month:

F-18 (2 of each)

F-16 (2 of each)

& lots of old war birds (2 of each)

Concord :D <-- that would be the most bad ass business jet out there.

Give me a 10 min with all the contacts I need to get shit done and I could spend $20 billion with ease! Now that would be fun. :D

Concord :D <-- that would be the most bad ass business jet out there.

Hell yeah, Im just waiting for someone to come out with one as their personal Private Jet. What a great idea!!! Im surprised no Sultan has done it yet.

An over abundance of toys, cars and other materialistic items does not bring me happiness. A decent 2500 sf house in OC, an exotic, a few other toys and a healthy stress free lifestyle is all I really want.

One of the best answers so far!

:icon_thumleft:

"secure" was actually done via study at fidelity investments and most people, without lifting a finger ever again? $23M. I think for me personally its not so much a dollar amount as a trend, ie getting a 15% return on 100M makes me feel pretty good I would think...

Appart from the ludicrous answers here requiring millions and billions, INMO having 100k a month spendable and there is not much you cant do....

Guest skokos
Appart from the ludicrous answers here requiring millions and billions, INMO having 100k a month spendable and there is not much you cant do....

:iamwithstupid:

I would love 50 quadrillion dollars too. But like I said in the first post how much for you to"feel totally secure". Not how much to be ridiculous and just have money to say you have a bigger number then the next guy.

100K A month would take care of anyone and all the toys and craziness you could ever want.

i have to disagree, thats 1.2 mil a moth, i would have to save up over a year for a veyron, and thats not even that extravagant. if i wanted my airbus like saudi investor has i would have to save up for a long long time. or if a new lambo comes out, have to save up at least 4 months for that. :). I would need more

I could honestly live very comfortably the rest of my life for 25-30 million easy.

I guess compared to some people here im a man of simple tastes

Nothing is ever enough.

Totally agree - 100% and then some.

I remember a time that just taking vacations was good enough, didn't care how I got there.

Flying Coach now isn't an option. Coach is miserable, so can't imagine not flying in First Class.

Then you experience private flight. Same thing happens all over again. You start flying light jets, but they are just too small,

you fly medium jets, but they don't have enough range. You start flying Heavys and wonder why you can't afford a Jumbo.

You can apply this with just about anything "lifestyle" that you need money for. (House, Boats, Cars, Women :) )

I guess enough depends on at what point you're content, if you're ever.

I would also like to add that some people are putting what they'd "like" in theory, my suspicion is a solid $50M with no doubt, and most people would shit their pants. Other than investment appreciation who's going to keep working with even a 10% return?

Net worth, once you get really high, can fluctuate, especially with the financial markets these days. You could one day be worth $2 billion and then the next month be worth $300 million, if you aren't careful, so I mean one could never feel "secure" with a high net worth. You have to be prepared to watch it like a hawk.

If I was a billionaire right now for example, my thoughts would constantly be, "Okay, what parts of my wealth are tied into what, what parts are susceptible to fluctuations in the economy, and if the stock market crashes or a major recession occurs, will I be safe, etc...?"

Net worth also is separate from cash flow. You can have a very high net worth, but if you don't have the requisite cash flow to live the lifestyle you want, you have to then take on debt. If you take on large amounts of debt, if the stock market takes a plunge or the economy takes a crap, your wealth may plunge while simultaneously your creditors will start calling for their $$$, forcing you to liquidate your net worth for cash.

Net worth-wise though, I want to achieve at least $500 million, because then you can have everything you want for the most part. I am planning to work to billionaire status though :)

And income-wise, after taxes, I'd like at least $20 million a year.

Agreed!

Nothing is ever enough.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

I feel like I am the type that even if i got to that point i would say "Surely there is more." I guess I always have that mindset of "Surely i can do more." but I have mostly come to the actual thought of "It depends on how I measure my success."

A Million a month and there isn't much you can't do. $100K a month isn't even close (for me).

I have simple tastes. I could live easily with $7M in the bank off of even mediocre interest... 4% interest yields $280k/year -- which is plenty if you don't have any bills.