How much money

Guest skokos

I can hardly believe some of the answers here. Just wow!

If you were to spend $25M on a mansion, $10M on a helicopter, $25M on cars, bikes, and throw in a Wally 118 for another $25M, $15M for misc things like luxury linens and silver spoons, you're still only talking about $100M.

If after all of that, if you had a $150M in cash, most of you still wouldn't be satisfied or secure?

Comon, 1 billion dollars? For what?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can hardly believe some of the answers here. Just wow!

If you were to spend $25M on a mansion, $10M on a helicopter, $25M on cars, bikes, and throw in a Wally 118 for another $25M, $15M for misc things like luxury linens and silver spoons, you're still only talking about $100M.

If after all of that, if you had a $150M in cash, most of you still wouldn't be satisfied or secure?

Comon, 1 billion dollars? For what?

A civilian helicopter can cost $10M?

A civilian helicopter can cost $10M?

If I was buying one, I'd get the Eurocopter EC155-B1, yeah, they can run upwards of $10-12M.

Some of the figures I quoted were over estimated to show how deep opulence can run for $100 mil, who the hell needs a 25 million dollar mansion.

If I was buying one, I'd get the Eurocopter EC155-B1, yeah, they can run upwards of $10-12M.

Some of the figures I quoted were over estimated to show how deep opulence can run for $100 mil, who the hell needs a 25 million dollar mansion.

No one NEEDS a $25Mil mansion; hell, no one NEEDS any mansion, but we are talking about wants not needs.

I could (and would) spend a billion quite easily and be very happy I did. Hell, my boat and plane would run $700 Million alone and then you need to think about taxes!

No one NEEDS a $25Mil mansion; hell, no one NEEDS any mansion, but we are talking about wants not needs.

I could (and would) spend a billion quite easily and be very happy I did. Hell, my boat and plane would run $700 Million alone and then you need to think about taxes!

I understand what you're saying, but what this thread talks about isn't wants, it's the MINIMUM amount of money one would NEED in order to feel FINANCIALLY SECURE for the rest of their lives living in luxury and comfort, NOT OPULENCE.

In other words, it speaks volumes about the people here who would NEED a billion dollars or more to feel financially secure and bathed in luxury, style, and freedom. No offense Dave, but if a Wally isn't enough for you, then a $400M yacht and a 787 sure as shit aren't gonna do it.

You feel me?

I understand what you're saying, but what this thread talks about isn't wants, it's the MINIMUM amount of money one would NEED in order to feel FINANCIALLY SECURE for the rest of their lives living in luxury and comfort, NOT OPULENCE.

In other words, it speaks volumes about the people here who would NEED a billion dollars or more to feel financially secure and bathed in luxury, style, and freedom. No offense Dave, but if a Wally isn't enough for you, then a $400M yacht and a 787 sure as shit aren't gonna do it.

You feel me?

A Wally would be enough, but it's not what I would want given the chance. If I am going to buy a yacht, I want it to be the best that's out there IMO; same with a plane. That's why the excess money is needed.

Another reason why I would want a billion dollars is that it is a sum I can only dream of; I know what it's like to be a millionaire, and what it's like to be financially secure for the rest of my life as that is my current situation. But what I want to know is what it would be like to be able to essentially have ANYTHING I wanted at any time for any reason and to me, a billion dollars would do nicely! :) Unfortunately, that isn't likely to happen. Oh well!

what it would be like to be able to essentially have ANYTHING I wanted at any time for any reason

Boring?

A Wally would be enough, but it's not what I would want given the chance. If I am going to buy a yacht, I want it to be the best that's out there IMO; same with a plane. That's why the excess money is needed.

Another reason why I would want a billion dollars is that it is a sum I can only dream of; I know what it's like to be a millionaire, and what it's like to be financially secure for the rest of my life as that is my current situation. But what I want to know is what it would be like to be able to essentially have ANYTHING I wanted at any time for any reason and to me, a billion dollars would do nicely! :) Unfortunately, that isn't likely to happen. Oh well!

Sorry, but I just don't get it.However, since I'm far from a hater, I wish you nothing but the best and hope you DO get your billion and accomplish everything you want to.

Sorry, but I just don't get it.However, since I'm far from a hater, I wish you nothing but the best and hope you DO get your billion and accomplish everything you want to.

To each his own and the same well wishes for you. :icon_thumleft:

• 3 months later...
I could do it quite easily.

$400M - Yacht

$250M - Boeing 787 Dream Jet

$150M - Cars/Trucks/Motorhomes

$200M - Houses

That would be my first month's expenditures.

I would put the capital in the bank and hire all that crap that you mentioned out of the interest, buying all that junk that depreciates using your investment capital is financial suicide ( see lottery winners)

1 billion :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: you guys crack me up!

give me a can of Spam a day and the love of my wife and kids (and grandkids in the future) and I will be satisfied.

Good view to take on life. :icon_thumleft:

So you won't be needing that Diablo................ :icon_mrgreen:

I am with D.Wiggs, I want a billion, however I have a plan to build to that fortune as well. But I view that more as a journey, the plan isn't, "Acquire $1 billion, then begin living."

As for life overall, I divide "wealth" and "richness" in life. For example, you could be incredibly wealthy, but have no family or friends really, and thus overall have a poor life still.

Or, you could be very financially poor, but have a great family and friends, and thus have a pretty "rich" life in this sense.

IMO, seek both :)

I could do it quite easily.

$400M - Yacht

$250M - Boeing 787 Dream Jet

$150M - Cars/Trucks/Motorhomes

$200M - Houses

That would be my first month's expenditures.

Just curious, you think this is really gonna happen?

Appart from the ludicrous answers here requiring millions and billions, INMO having 100k a month spendable and there is not much you cant do....

Totally agree. You could theoretically buy countries and companies like microsoft if it were just a contest to see who could spend the most. I wonder how many people here actually have a net worth of 10 mil plus. It is pretty easy to be internet baller...

give me a can of Spam a day and the love of my wife and kids (and grandkids in the future) and I will be satisfied.

Hey buddy, does your wife read these posts or something?

haha Just kidding :P

What's your email address? I will start sending you spam :icon_mrgreen:

I'd say:

$50m to start my own record label to cover my cost for album and promotion and full team along with signing other artist.

$10m for my own recording studio.

$1m for car collection

$1m for tour bus

$15m for house in TN, MS, FL, and CA.

Use the income from the label to cover cost on all these things the rest of my life.

Around $77m.