Swine flu

AAD

Also, the regular face masks, like the ones doctor and nurses use at hospitals will not help with this virus even if it has a N95 certification.

However I heard that nanoparticle masks help.

Tamiflu is highly toxic and you have really research the facts about how and why this drug was pushed onto the market. Many countries in the world have banned or limited the prescription of Tamiflu, especially to certain age groups. Many people have committed suicide after taking Tamiflu and the toxins in it are know to cause neuropsychiatric events. Basically, gives you mental disorders because of damage to the nervous system.

to what i can find there have been some cases linked to it in japan mainly, but there is nothing i can find about it being banned or limited, it has been suggested in many countries such as japan do not prescribe to 10-19 year olds, and tamiful, including in the US, now has a warning on it warning of neuro problems it may cause

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to what i can find there have been some cases linked to it in japan mainly, but there is nothing i can find about it being banned or limited, it has been suggested in many countries such as japan do not prescribe to 10-19 year olds, and tamiful, including in the US, now has a warning on it warning of neuro problems it may cause

I think in Japan it is banned for use in children since 2007.

It is not worth the risk to take things like Tamiflu when official data shows that it may only lessen the duration of influenza symptoms from 1 to 1.5 days. I guess it is up to the individual on what he/she puts in their body but I would avoid it as if it were like the.....well, like this new virus :)

lol i am in no way disagree with you just posting up information i could find about it since i had no idea it had those side effects and wanted to research it on my own, i too plan on avoiding it

What you say is not correct. The drug does directly fight the flu and can cure. What it does is keep the virus from reproducing. So it's a viral antiboitic. Since it keep the virus from reproducing the virus dies. The body fights the virus as well with the immune system and many systemic effects of the virus are secondary to the body's defence system. Unless you don't think that antibiotics cure bacterial disease.

I might be mixed up here, but how can an antibiotic fight a virus? A virus is not alive, at least not in the way a bacterium that gets in your system is.

Something to think about...

# of deaths in the USA last year from the flu (s) that has been around since I can remember...around 36,000

# of people who die in cars yearly (based on recent totals)...around 43,000

# of estimated deaths from Cancer 2008... around 565,000

# of heart attack deaths each year....around 500,000

# of deaths in the USA from this new flu... 1

chances of a healthy human living in the USA dieing from this new flu...little to none.

# people who watch too much news and should stop operating by media induced fear... too many.

Something to think about...

# of deaths in the USA last year from the flu (s) that has been around since I can remember...around 36,000

# of people who die in cars yearly (based on recent totals)...around 43,000

# of estimated deaths from Cancer 2008... around 565,000

# of heart attack deaths each year....around 500,000

# of deaths in the USA from this new flu... 1

chances of a healthy human living in the USA dieing from this new flu...little to none.

# people who watch too much news and should stop operating by media induced fear... too many.

I 100% agree with the last statement, but, lets not make light of the potential of this disease.

Millions of people died in the last pandemic and the one before that.

Is this one controllable> Nobody knows.

what makes this serious is the disease is airborn nad carriers dont always know they are sick.

You cant catch cancer from someone else.

You cant catch a heart attack from someone.

Car crashes dont effect people who are not involved in the crash.

This started in one country and is spreading worldwide.

I hope it is contolled quickly so we can all move on to some other news story.

One should always take ones health seriously but I am trying to put this into perspective vs. the attention / induced fear this new porky pig flu is creating.

More info to think about...

40% of the world's population is at risk for malaria.

Every year, 500 million people are infected with malaria, and a child dies from malaria every 30 seconds

# of deaths from TB world wide in 2005....around 1.5 million

# of HIV / AIDS deaths in 2007 ...around 2 million (# of people living with it...around 33,000,000)

A cut from a current article by CNN about this flu...

The first swine flu, 1976: The pandemic that wasn't

Scary as it is now, the first time swine flu appeared in the States was more of a whimper than a bang.

The virus first popped up in early February 1976, when a 19-year-old private at Fort Dix, New Jersey, reported to his superior that he felt ill and tired, although not so bad as to skip the training hike later that day. He died within 24 hours. It was echoes of the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic all over again.

An autopsy revealed that the young soldier had contracted swine flu; shortly after, other soldiers were admitted to the hospital with the same symptoms and officials soon found that 500 people at the base were infected with the virus, though they hadn't become ill.

Upon hearing about the potential pandemic, President Gerald Ford ordered the mobilization of a nationwide vaccination program, at a cost of $135 million in 1976 dollars -- that'd be roughly $505 million today. After the first reported infection in February, the virus laid low for the next few months.

In October 1976, health officials, armed with a vaccination and a healthy dose of scaremongering, took to the streets. Propaganda about the potential pandemic was more frightening than the actual thing and possibly even more frightening than the news reports this time around. Health officials tried hard to terrify the populace into getting flu shots with an ominous voice intoning "a swine flu epidemic may be coming" over images of people lying in hospital sickbeds. It worked: More than 40 million Americans, a quarter of the population, got their flu shots.

However, that may have not been the best idea -- while the flu itself only killed one person, the vaccine killed more than 30. Within two months after the mass inoculations began, 500 people came down with Guillain-Barré syndrome, a paralyzing nerve disease.

This, combined with the fact that the prophesied epidemic never really materialized, didn't exactly help Ford's flagging political career: While the dismal economic state probably had more to do with it, Ford lost re-election that year.

A cut from a current article by CNN about this flu...

The first swine flu, 1976: The pandemic that wasn't

Scary as it is now, the first time swine flu appeared in the States was more of a whimper than a bang.

The virus first popped up in early February 1976, when a 19-year-old private at Fort Dix, New Jersey, reported to his superior that he felt ill and tired, although not so bad as to skip the training hike later that day. He died within 24 hours. It was echoes of the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic all over again.

An autopsy revealed that the young soldier had contracted swine flu; shortly after, other soldiers were admitted to the hospital with the same symptoms and officials soon found that 500 people at the base were infected with the virus, though they hadn't become ill.

Upon hearing about the potential pandemic, President Gerald Ford ordered the mobilization of a nationwide vaccination program, at a cost of $135 million in 1976 dollars -- that'd be roughly $505 million today. After the first reported infection in February, the virus laid low for the next few months.

In October 1976, health officials, armed with a vaccination and a healthy dose of scaremongering, took to the streets. Propaganda about the potential pandemic was more frightening than the actual thing and possibly even more frightening than the news reports this time around. Health officials tried hard to terrify the populace into getting flu shots with an ominous voice intoning "a swine flu epidemic may be coming" over images of people lying in hospital sickbeds. It worked: More than 40 million Americans, a quarter of the population, got their flu shots.

However, that may have not been the best idea -- while the flu itself only killed one person, the vaccine killed more than 30. Within two months after the mass inoculations began, 500 people came down with Guillain-Barré syndrome, a paralyzing nerve disease.

This, combined with the fact that the prophesied epidemic never really materialized, didn't exactly help Ford's flagging political career: While the dismal economic state probably had more to do with it, Ford lost re-election that year.

My wife and I were/are suppose to go to Cabo on May 9 but are serioulsy thinkig of postponing. Better to be safe than sorry, Cabo isn't going anywhere...

My wife and I were/are suppose to go to Cabo on May 9 but are serioulsy thinkig of postponing. Better to be safe than sorry, Cabo isn't going anywhere...

I have a suspicion that by May 9th, there will be more cases reported in the U.S. than Mexico.

You may want to leave.

I have a suspicion that by May 9th, there will be more cases reported in the U.S. than Mexico.

You may want to leave.

TopC - There's starting to be rumblings around here that the Flu is BS, a fabrication by the two governments. I think that's ludicrous, but I wanted to ask someone that would know better.

Have you heard anything like that? Some (Mexicans by the way) say the deaths are just "regular" deaths from a litany of causes like AIDS, regular influenza by weak antibodies etc. that's being glorified and put onto Swine Flu.... Get this, something about a trade agreement and monetary aid??!!!

AGAIN, I call bullshit on the idea, but wanted to hear another opinion. Anyone from other parts of the world care to chime in on what you're seeing in your area?

The flu is real, but it is far from the major health crisis it is being made out to be. As posted, the "regular" flu kills tens of thousands every year in the US. This is just another strain. Much ado about nothing.

This is going to be serious! All the metropolitan areas are going to be hit hard! I'm worried, I do not want to receive this swine flu!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20090429...clatchy/3222848

This strain lacks the proteins that other serious ones have had. This particular one has been known since at least the mid nineties and has had other outbreaks even in the us over the last few years. There are over 30 swine/avian based flu's and this is not the most serious one.

Pig farmers know about this and other strains they have been fighting it for decades, the flu has found exceptional ways around a pigs immune system. Those are the same reasons they can be bad for humans.

TopC - There's starting to be rumblings around here that the Flu is BS, a fabrication by the two governments. I think that's ludicrous, but I wanted to ask someone that would know better.

Have you heard anything like that? Some (Mexicans by the way) say the deaths are just "regular" deaths from a litany of causes like AIDS, regular influenza by weak antibodies etc. that's being glorified and put onto Swine Flu.... Get this, something about a trade agreement and monetary aid??!!!

AGAIN, I call bullshit on the idea, but wanted to hear another opinion. Anyone from other parts of the world care to chime in on what you're seeing in your area?

Funny you mention this.

I have a friend who was contected yesterday about this very issue. There are rumblings about this with my Mexican friends who are more polically connected than me. I have to rely on them for insight.

There have been NO reported cases of Swine Flu in my area. None in Jalisco. Makes you wonder.

Around my pool there are some gorgeous girls who are from Guadalajara. They are not concerned about this flu.

The only ones that seem to be freaking out are the AMericans and Canadians (who have stopped charters to P.V.).

Do I think that there is some sort of conspiracy theory? Protect the homeland economy? Scare people? The media seems to be doing a lot of scaring. I dont think its warranted. We are experiencing cancellations at my resort. So much so, that half the sales crew was given a week off and we have closed two buildings and upgraded those that are coming.