Airstrip event

Ricoloco

A race from a dig is imho, totally useless as there is too much driver ability involved.

:lol2:

Not if you are a driver w/skillz! Slightly off topic(and no offense to Ricollo who represented Lpower very well!) but Gustav's vids are a bore(to watch) because there is typically VERY LITTLE driver ability involved.

Props to any of y'all who can still launch a car or run thru some gears like this dude. :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want to know which car is faster/slower in a totally objective way then you have to isolate driver ability as much as possible so my comment, imho, stands correct.

If you wanna test skills, go to the track, that´s not what we are talking about right here.

If you want to know which car is faster/slower in a totally objective way then you have to isolate driver ability as much as possible so my comment, imho, stands correct.

In the case of Gustav's vids, being totally objective would require putting a vbox in each car for each race. They would still be a bore to watch, but at least we could compare the results to baseline data.

I know im just teeing up some midwest hillbilly bashing here, but when I had my M3, the mustang crowd used to do it to me constantly!!

Strum those banjos to the Hee-Haw theme!

The last time someone reved at me and gave me the look at the light.. I looked over and it was a mom in her mini van with 6 kids in the back.....

:lol2:

Not if you are a driver w/skillz! Slightly off topic(and no offense to Ricollo who represented Lpower very well!) but Gustav's vids are a bore(to watch) because there is typically VERY LITTLE driver ability involved.

Props to any of y'all who can still launch a car or run thru some gears like this dude. :icon_thumleft:

Last I checked Vroom you weren't too bad at launching a Gallardo or running through the gears either.

Last I checked Vroom you weren't too bad at launching a Gallardo or running through the gears either.

Thanks Dino, and you too my friend!

I have ragged on Gustav's vids, but having attended a couple of runway events, I will say if the opportunity arises for any members(SLOWPOKE, that includes you!) to attend one in your area, TAKE IT!, you will have a blast. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Dino, and you too my friend!

I have ragged on Gustav's vids, but having attended a couple of runway events, I will say if the opportunity arises for any members(SLOWPOKE, that includes you!) to attend one in your area, TAKE IT!, you will have a blast. :icon_thumleft:

Concider it a deal! :icon_thumleft:

Concider it a deal! :icon_thumleft:

LOL! We´ll see about that. You don´t dare. :icon_butt:

You would have the slowest car on the meeting.

LOL! We´ll see about that. You don´t dare. :icon_butt:

You would have the slowest car on the meeting.

I rather have the slowest car on the planet than being Gusfags puppy :thefinger: :icon_butt:

Now go empty your ändtarm again! :eusa_dance:

Had the RS4 stationwagon aswell as the S3 before, the RS6 is a COMPLETLEY different thing. To compare the RS4 against the RS6 in straight line acceleration is like comparing a Porsche Boxster and the Veyron. ;)

Hmm....I would utterly disagree....a stage 2 rs4tt will hand an rs6 it's arse.....

sorry. but im gonna have to disagree. the whole point of all of this is that the lp640 is sad for what it is..not only does lamborghinis own lp560 equal or surpass the lp640 in every performance aspect barring top speed... but soo do many other cars from far lesser manufacturers..ie porsche gt2.. chevy zr-1.... ferrari 599... Then you have cars no longer produced like the porsche cgt and slr that also hand the Lp640 its ass...

only thing the Lp640 has going for it is its looks which are subjective.. personally I like the more modern looking lp560...

lambo is supposed to be topdog... its about time for them to have a flagship model that performs like one rather than waste their time making Revoltings for 1.5 mill that no one is buying....

I agree....but will the SV change things do you think? The replacement will be savage no doubt however.

"On track if you really think the lp640 has any chance over any distance with a lp560 your out of your mind.. the lp's sheer size and weight give it zero shot."

Except....the lp640 delivers quick track times in testing??

The ZR-1 will walk a Lp640 all day... The SLR does the same.. the CGT does the same....

As for 10yr old technology, absolutely..10 years ago when the Murci came out it didnt really have any competitors... Today it has many and relies on its looks to get it by.

The dead stop excuse is silly. 90% of the time when you are driving and another car pulls up to race you, you dont get the chance to go from a dead stop, not to mention if you did race everyone from a dead stop your Lp640 would be in the shop every other week .

About your quote above. As I said yesterday I wasn't sure because I never raced any of those cars. but today is a different day and I am sure and you are incorrect. Today I made three runs from a roll of about 30 to 185 running 5000 ft length, first race a modified C6 second race a new ZR1 third race a CGT . The slow over weight 10 year old technology won all three races buy about 5 car lengths pulling away the whole way down the 5000 ft runway. Every car and every driver are different and when you say the ZR1 and the CGT will walk the LP640 all day I don't think you meant today. And still maintained its good looks.

About your quote above. As I said yesterday I wasn't sure because I never raced any of those cars. but today is a different day and I am sure and you are incorrect. Today I made three runs from a roll of about 30 to 185 running 5000 ft length, first race a modified C6 second race a new ZR1 third race a CGT . The slow over weight 10 year old technology won all three races buy about 5 car lengths pulling away the whole way down the 5000 ft runway. Every car and every driver are different and when you say the ZR1 and the CGT will walk the LP640 all day I don't think you meant today. And still maintained its good looks.

Good kills. Any vids?

Prepare for many to call BS without vids!! Just a warning.. :icon_mrgreen:

Good kills. Any vids?

fastlane has no reason to make up stories. :icon_thumleft:

Good kills. Any vids?

Yes it was part of a professional event that was covered by many cameras from all angles and down track. Not sure exactly when it will be available not in my control. Their were more then 50 people their some from this board. It was also with a density altitude of about 6000Ft+

The last time someone reved at me and gave me the look at the light.. I looked over and it was a mom in her mini van with 6 kids in the back.....

That's one I have never heard! Thanks for making me smile ;-)

Mom

LOL... so basicly what you are saying is that you beat the driver... because event though I dont know anyone with a POS ZR-1, I do know people with CGT's who will be glad to race you for some $.

So I will revise my statement, any ZR-1 or CGT driver who isnt sleeping at the wheel or afraid to drive his car will walk an LP640 anyday of the week...

I want to see the video.

I could care less about beating any POS. On Bullrun in 2006 there were 3 Plastic mess-06's. I was with them for 6 straight days and we constantly ran each other from 70-160 and my stock Bentley GT ran nose to nose every time with each one of them. C6, C7, C8, 9 and 10, they all suck.

Unless the driver was drinking, ain't no way a stock 640 runs with a CGT.

I want to see the video.

I could care less about beating any POS. On Bullrun in 2006 there were 3 Plastic mess-06's. I was with them for 6 straight days and we constantly ran each other from 70-160 and my stock Bentley GT ran nose to nose every time with each one of them. C6, C7, C8, 9 and 10, they all suck.

Unless the driver was drinking, ain't no way a stock 640 runs with a CGT.

m gonna certainly agree on the Lp640 vs CGT, but Im going to have to disagree on ANY Bentley GT running nose to nose with a Plastic mess-06. Aint gonna happen. :icon_thumleft:

Sorry there Whisperer of the Eternal Canine. Happened time and time again. And, did the same with 2 stock 04 Gallardos with the same results. And it wasn't once it was day after day. Don't fcuk with the fat Bentley!!

BTW, if it was from anything below 60, the GT was done, but after 70, it was nose to nose with both cars.

Sorry there Whisperer of the Eternal Canine. Happened time and time again. And, did the same with 2 stock 04 Gallardos with the same results. And it wasn't once it was day after day. Don't fcuk with the fat Bentley!!

BTW, if it was from anything below 60, the GT was done, but after 70, it was nose to nose with both cars.

Sorry buddy...Ive got plenty of experience with the fat Bentley... The POS Plastic mess-06 and the Gallardo... to know that either of the cars will beat the fat Bentley from whether it be 20-50-70 or 150mph...

And as an example... Accichelli took his Bentley and recorded 60-130 in over 12 seconds....

LOL... so basicly what you are saying is that you beat the driver... because event though I dont know anyone with a POS ZR-1, I do know people with CGT's who will be glad to race you for some $.

So I will revise my statement, any ZR-1 or CGT driver who isnt sleeping at the wheel or afraid to drive his car will walk an LP640 anyday of the week...

So when I have a clean race with nobody sleeping or afraid to drive their car completely down the entire track both cars running 30-185 the LP640 didn't win the other driver lost. But yet when your car ran in Florida against UGR and others and in one case the other car broke but you won, the other car didn't finish because not in right mode but you won the other car was icing down and doesn't even show up at the line but you won. You modify your statements to suit your argument. When the video was posted of the Murci and the 560 from another country not knowing anything about the cars or drivers or the situation it was excepted as the final word on 640 vs 560 because it suited your argument and dislike of the 640. A fair response would have been Ill reserve judgment until I see the video. Like I said before some cars and some drivers are better then others and some cars are setup better then others you never know who will win before the race if you can just talk a race then there is no need for competition close the tracks just race on the boards. All this talk is just peoples opinions but the fact is the race happened, not an opinion, on a different day with a different car or driver things could be different . So maybe on some days the cars you mention will walk the 640 but not any day of the week against any 640 or any driver. No car wins all races especially when the cars are all close to start. On this day the 640 did the walking.

So when I have a clean race with nobody sleeping or afraid to drive their car completely down the entire track both cars running 30-185 the LP640 didn't win the other driver lost. But yet when your car ran in Florida against UGR and others and in one case the other car broke but you won, the other car didn't finish because not in right mode but you won the other car was icing down and doesn't even show up at the line but you won. You modify your statements to suit your argument. When the video was posted of the Murci and the 560 from another country not knowing anything about the cars or drivers or the situation it was excepted as the final word on 640 vs 560 because it suited your argument and dislike of the 640. A fair response would have been Ill reserve judgment until I see the video. Like I said before some cars and some drivers are better then others and some cars are setup better then others you never know who will win before the race if you can just talk a race then there is no need for competition close the tracks just race on the boards. All this talk is just peoples opinions but the fact is the race happened, not an opinion, on a different day with a different car or driver things could be different . So maybe on some days the cars you mention will walk the 640 but not any day of the week against any 640 or any driver. No car wins all races especially when the cars are all close to start. On this day the 640 did the walking.

Everyone knows that Allan's posts are purely fact on lambopower. He never gives opinions.