2 dead in a Lambo crash yesterday

Bill

Last night 2 men were pronounced dead at the scene in a serious car crash in Southwest Philly.

Police reports that 2 men traveling in a Lamborghini in a high rate of speed struck 2 other cars after crossing over the median.

Does anyone have more info on this? I looks like a red Murcielago. Wonder if they were members here. Sad story, RIP.....

http://cbs3.com/topstories/Multiple.Car.Ac....2.1052224.html

You know I always wonder if these reports are prejudicial ... they say the "Lamborghini was traveling at a high rate of speed" -- what is a high rate? 80mph? And is it considered a "high rate" simply because the car is a Lamborghini?

Not a day goes by when I see mom's mini-van tailgating and weaving through traffic at a "high rate of speed" -- yet, that story doesn't get framed with the driver speeding because moms in minivans aren't newsworthy.

Now if a "high rate of speed" was 150 mph, then all this is moot.

Seems like a lot of the sad stories are popping up when life changes in an flash.

Be careful!!!!!

RIP Brothers.

From what little you can see, the car seems remarkably in tact.

You're right and I'd bet in light of that fact that they werent wearing seatbelts!

They said he'd owned it for a day? I've read before that just as with motorcycles, the majority of Lamborghini crashes (when they happen) are new owners and borrowed cars. Don't know how often it really happens relative to the size of the fleet, or if the individual drawn to the car is simply reckless in the first place.

Oh, and for the record guys, seeing all the RIPs, if I ever go, I'm a Lambo owner, I don't want to rest in peace.

Oh, and for the record guys, seeing all the RIPs, if I ever go, I'm a Lambo owner, I don't want to rest in peace.

So I'm assuming you're under the same school of thought as I - crashing into the the wall at the 'Ring at 220 when you're about 85?

So I'm assuming you're under the same school of thought as I - crashing into the the wall at the 'Ring at 220 when you're about 85?

Hopefully not on purpose, but while I'm out racing somewhere. :)

RIP For sure a Murcie...look at the photos from Allan's link - door upside down - interior door definitely a Murcie.

RIP - Looks like it was a loaner from Gotham City Motor Club.

From another blog:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripadam29

Hi everyone,

I just want everyone to know the real details behind this tragic death.

I was very close to the driver. He was 29 years old, a business owner of a home health care who cater to the elderly. He was one of the most caring men I have ever met. The passenger was a doctor who works with all of his clients. The car was rented for him to take his wife out for an evening. He belonged to Gotham City Motor Club (I think??) Please everyone, be safe when driving these fast cars. He left a wife, 4 year old beautiful daughter who was his best friend, and a 13 month old. This has been so difficult for everyone in the family and all of the people he knew. Please keep Adam and his family in your prayers! This is the first blog I have read that no one is bashing him. All of the Philly news sites keep saying how retarded he is. It kills us to read that stuff.