RedGTS

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CONGRATS on a beautiful looking build and impressive numbers!!!

Sounds like you are having a blast with the car which is what this is all about!!

Thanks Ray! BTW the decklid turned out great--still can't believe how incompetent UPS is though. :eusa_wall: Wish I lived closer to you as I'd love to see your Murci!

i will have to dig up the pics of my paintings being delivered by UPS... 2 x 4 sides, with 3/4in plywood with two original oil paintings inside... looked like Texas chainsaw massacre!! I could see both paintings without opening the crate LOL

goes to show no matter what you do someone is able to fcuk it up HAHA

glad it worked out in the end.

• 4 months later...
My goal was 600+ rwhp on pump gas, which was achieved on the first pull at 4 psi, but look at the next two pulls (boost levels in upper left corner):

3700610181_3933b42bb2_b.jpg

More details a little later when I get some more time.

Great results man!! Why not keep it at a 6psi daily on pump gas it should yeild 700+-whp.

Great results man!! Why not keep it at a 6psi daily on pump gas it should yeild 700+-whp.

I'm sure it would probably be fine on pump gas at 6 psi, but given that I can get 110 out of the pump a couple of miles from my house I'd rather play it safe with anything over 4 psi. :)

Silly question but ...

You think UGR/Heff/DLM would tune a car for me if I built a turbo setup independently?

I think you answered that question yourself..

So how does an n/a gallardo put down between 360-450awhp, put down 900+( at least 2x) with only 10psi of boost. It usually takes over 2x atmospheric pressure( 15+psi) to do that.

Has anyone tried outsourced dyno shops?

I am not doubting these cars are fast, but I just think there is a lot of bullshit on these forums.

post-11200-1261667386_thumb.jpg

So how does an n/a gallardo put down between 360-450awhp, put down 900+( at least 2x) with only 10psi of boost. It usually takes over 2x atmospheric pressure( 15+psi) to do that.

I am not doubting these cars are fast, but I just think there is a lot of bullshit on these forums.

i think you misunderstand how a turbo works. 10 psi from the turbo on the left will be way different than 10psi on the right. plus when you factor in these are very well put together system (turbo sized optimum for application) you see these types of result. although i would agree still, those are huge jumps in power from 4psi up to 10.

My car has been dynoed on 2 different dynoes, one rear wheel hp, one 4 wheel... on 100 @ Jason Heffners it made 1063rwhp.... on 100 @ Sp Engineering's 4 wheel dyno it made 972awhp and 818 ft lbs of torque to all 4 wheels. Alexs 4 wheel dyno is said to read low too when for example Murcielago Lp640's dyno 460awhp.. while at other places they are known to dyno 515awhp.

I know Mr Vrooms car when it dynoed 700rwhp on Jason heffners dyno, dynoed 50rwhp more on Car And Drivers..

Compression has a lot to do with the numbers on a stock block. It takes very little boost to make gobs of power at 11:1 CR. But there is a reason tuners lower the compression when they build a motor for boost as well, i.e., at higher power levels it's much safer to run higher boost on a built, lower compression engine than to run lower boost on a stock, higher compression engine, especially on pump gas. That's why I don't run around at 8 or 10 psi very much, and never on pump gas. So those numbers are real (or at least real on that dyno on that day--obviously there is always dyno variability), but if I wanted to make 900+ rwhp every time I was in the car I would send it back for a built engine and make it with higher boost/lower compression.

turbo.jpg

i think you misunderstand how a turbo works. 10 psi from the turbo on the left will be way different than 10psi on the right. plus when you factor in these are very well put together system (turbo sized optimum for application) you see these types of result. although i would agree still, those are huge jumps in power from 4psi up to 10.

Its called Mass Air Flow. I know how turbos work :)

I missed the part where these 10psi runs were on race gas, that explains the huge leap in power.

I'm not familiar with the fuel system upgrades that go into the TT kits, but is there enough pump and injector available (20-25% more) to allow you guys to run E85 or E98? Second, is E85 available at the pump anywhere nearby? From my experience it has the knock suppression capacity of 110 or better, burns cleaner and is available at the pump here in the NW usually for less than 92 octane. I understand that leaded fuel is more mainstream and available anywhere in drums, but ethanol is an awesome option!

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Its called Mass Air Flow. I know how turbos work :)

I missed the part where these 10psi runs were on race gas, that explains the huge leap in power.

No it doesn't . Race gas makes no more power than pump gas at the same boost level, it only allows higher boost to be run without detonating. So it does appear you don't completely " know how turbos work :) " . The only fuels that you would see a power gain from are oxygenated (mrx01, u4, etc.). The higher gains per pound of boost you are seeing are due to the fact that boost pressure is a measure of restriction in the engine. The more effecient the engine in cycling air through it, the higher HP per pound of boost you will see.

I guess the question is, are we both sane, or both insane? :lol2:

In a totally insane society........only the sane appear insane.

No it doesn't . Race gas makes no more power than pump gas at the same boost level, it only allows higher boost to be run without detonating. So it does appear you don't completely " know how turbos work :) " . The only fuels that you would see a power gain from are oxygenated (mrx01, u4, etc.). The higher gains per pound of boost you are seeing are due to the fact that boost pressure is a measure of restriction in the engine. The more effecient the engine in cycling air through it, the higher HP per pound of boost you will see.

I wasn't going to beat a dead horse but you are exactly right. Since the boost numbers were already known and there was no change in the tune, the race gas really has nothing to do with the power numbers (but does make things safer at the higher boost levels). In fact, the pump gas run is making more hp per psi than the race gas runs. As I said, the compression is what makes the power numbers higher than one would expect for such low boost levels.

Compression has a lot to do with the numbers on a stock block. It takes very little boost to make gobs of power at 11:1 CR. But there is a reason tuners lower the compression when they build a motor for boost as well, i.e., at higher power levels it's much safer to run higher boost on a built, lower compression engine than to run lower boost on a stock, higher compression engine, especially on pump gas. That's why I don't run around at 8 or 10 psi very much, and never on pump gas. So those numbers are real (or at least real on that dyno on that day--obviously there is always dyno variability), but if I wanted to make 900+ rwhp every time I was in the car I would send it back for a built engine and make it with higher boost/lower compression.

I believe it also has quite a bit to do with the amount of timing used, Air/Fuel ratios, etc. The safer kit will typically make less power due to the tune on a stock motor/built motor. The more aggressive the tune, the more power it will make. Also, due to the fact that the Heffner/UGR cars have the ability to change out the ice, they can make more power on the dyno/quarter mile/etc.

In all reality, other than the aggresiveness of the tune/efficiency of the kit (turbos,fuel system, etc.) /adding ice, all 3 tuners bolt on kit should make roughly the same power. IMO, putting up big numbers on the dyno is definitely cool, but what I would like to know is during real world driving/racing, what all these cars are really putting down. Obviously not because I could afford any of them right now, but just out of curiosity.

I believe Red is also right regarding numbers on a stock block. Theorhetically, a stock block G should make more power at the lower end of the boost spectrum. The only varience is the safety of running higher boost. You wouldn't want to put 30lbs through a stock motor unless you like seeing what happends when pistons go through your firewall. On a built motor, it can be done and then some more boost.

I'm not familiar with the fuel system upgrades that go into the TT kits, but is there enough pump and injector available (20-25% more) to allow you guys to run E85 or E98? Second, is E85 available at the pump anywhere nearby? From my experience it has the knock suppression capacity of 110 or better, burns cleaner and is available at the pump here in the NW usually for less than 92 octane. I understand that leaded fuel is more mainstream and available anywhere in drums, but ethanol is an awesome option!

Tom

That is a question I have as well. With cars like Supras, for example, putting down big numbers on E85 pump, could this be a viable option for Lambos as well?

That is a question I have as well. With cars like Supras, for example, putting down big numbers on E85 pump, could this be a viable option for Lambos as well?

Yes , its an option. Just requires a BIG pump , BIG injectors, and fuel lines that the E85 won't destroy. And of course a tune for it.

• 1 month later...

would the G need a new gas tank as well?

Yes , its an option. Just requires a BIG pump , BIG injectors, and fuel lines that the E85 won't destroy. And of course a tune for it.

I believe the TT Lambos have all of those already. Not sure on the fuel lines though.