blackberry tour

Roman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like it so far..... Im pretty amazed at how fast the internet is on it.

You BB veterens are going to help me out right????

I somehow managed to get it to sync with outlook (that was a major fcuking pain in my ass that took til 1 am this morning... Kept getting "Unknown error" when I would do a sync from BBDesktop manager. I had to reinstall the goddamned software DELETE two fcuking INVISIBLE FILE FOLDERS, before the fcuking thing would work.... That pissed me off).

Ive got one ringtone on (this charming man).... Am I right that with the BB I can pretty much take any MP3 I put on it (full damned song?) and make it my ringtone?

Also figured out how to take a picture of the bull badge and make that my wallpaper....

Downloaded Facebook and "Iheartradio" (LOVE THIS!).

Ordered a 16Gb SD card. Got soft rubber cases and protective screens from the kiosk guy at the mall. Bought car chargers (Cant believe I had to freakin do this.... Why cant RIM use the same MINIUSB interface that the rest of the fcuking world does?)

LET THE TIPS, HINTS, and TRICKS BEGIN!!!!!

I got a Bberry Curve a few weeks ago on Verizon and love it so far. :icon_thumleft:

Here's a site you should check out - I got some real free ringtones from it - just sends an email to your phone - real easy, no BS stuff.

http://crackberry.com/free-ringtones

Yes, crackberry.com is really good for info.

You can turn all your mp3's into ringtones with your BB desk top manager.

Gmail works best with BB's. I get e-mail faster on my BB sometimes than to my desktop.

There are new applications being released everyday, crackberry usually has a list and will post when new.

Verizon will be eventually getting the Iphone as well. I have heard rumors as early as Sept all the way to mid 2010. That will make things very interesting in the smart phone world.

Before I ask this question, I must point out I am technologically impaired. Big dullard here.

Okay, now that we have that out of the way.....

What is the value or drawback to wi-fi?

I have the 8830 World Edition, is that wi-fi?

If not, what would getting a phone with wi-fi give me that my 8830 isn't giving me. I know I can access my email and the web no matter where I am.

I am wondering this as well. I have WiFI on my new Pre but have internet access anywhere anyway. My guess is it is only good if you are in a spot with no signal and you have wifi access but it has not happened to me yet.

Gmail works best with BB's. I get e-mail faster on my BB sometimes than to my desktop.

There are new applications being released everyday, crackberry usually has a list and will post when new.

Verizon will be eventually getting the Iphone as well. I have heard rumors as early as Sept all the way to mid 2010. That will make things very interesting in the smart phone world.

Verizon will lock and fcuk the iphone so much it will be useless I am sure, just like they do every phone they offer.

BBM is a great feature if you have a lot of friends with blackberries. Does verizon let their BB users have the app store application? Google maps is a must have, as is the AP news feed.

I am wondering this as well. I have WiFI on my new Pre but have internet access anywhere anyway. My guess is it is only good if you are in a spot with no signal and you have wifi access but it has not happened to me yet.

WIFI lets you connect to your home wireless network or to WIFI hotspots. When connected you are not using your carrier data. You should find your data speeds much faster. I have the IPhone and watching youtube on 3G is crappy but on WIFI its amazing.

I dont think the World edition has WIFI

For Verizon to get the IPhone they will need to build a whole new network called LTE. They are working on and will have some of it running by 2010. Apple would also need to build a new phone to work with this new network...... Or apple could build a CDMA version of thier phone but seeing as verizon is switching to a new network that doesnt seem likely.

I honestly dont think you will see an IPhone thru them until 2011 or 12.....

All I can say is I love my Curve so much I never want to even upgrade and start to get the shakes when it is not by my side. I realized the other day how much I love this phone as I was hanging out by the pool with my 2yr old the other day. We have been trying very hard to teach him to swim. He decided he was gonna swim all by himself and I was firing off pictures and videos to family of the big event on the spot. Being able to catch and share those fleeting moments instantly is awesome.

Then a few minutes later I put on the Slacker radio(must have app along with iheartradio etc.) and chilled out catching some sun while he played in the pool. Good times.

...jizz in my pants!

:icon_mrgreen:

Sorry had to do it. Great Avatar!

Hahaha. Thanks man I forgot to mention that. *checks shorts*

OK... How do I keep SPAM from going from my email account (where it gets filtered to a spam folder so I never see it there) to my BB?

OK... How do I keep SPAM from going from my email account (where it gets filtered to a spam folder so I never see it there) to my BB?

Has to be filtered through your server.

There are no spam filters built into BB Email.

All I can say is I love my Curve so much I never want to even upgrade and start to get the shakes when it is not by my side. I realized the other day how much I love this phone as I was hanging out by the pool with my 2yr old the other day. We have been trying very hard to teach him to swim. He decided he was gonna swim all by himself and I was firing off pictures and videos to family of the big event on the spot. Being able to catch and share those fleeting moments instantly is awesome.

Then a few minutes later I put on the Slacker radio(must have app along with iheartradio etc.) and chilled out catching some sun while he played in the pool. Good times.

Worst feature on the Curve is the camera.

After playing with the Tour my Wife got it takes much faster photos and the resolution is far better. Same as iphone I think.

WIFI lets you connect to your home wireless network or to WIFI hotspots. When connected you are not using your carrier data. You should find your data speeds much faster. I have the IPhone and watching youtube on 3G is crappy but on WIFI its amazing.

I dont think the World edition has WIFI

Verizon cripples WIFI on all phones that would have the potential of having it.

Rumor has it that will no longer be an issue with Storm 2. TBD.

Has to be filtered through your server.

There are no spam filters built into BB Email.

Which is the biggest PITA, but worth putting up with for all the other features.

Tour is a nice piece, but no Wi-Fi unfortunately.

The upcoming Onyx is, supposedly, the BB that FINALLY has everything. Basically, a faster Bold with a better camera in a slightly smaller profile.

The upcoming Onyx is, supposedly, the BB that FINALLY has everything. Basically, a faster Bold with a better camera in a slightly smaller profile.

Do you have a guess on when the Onyx would be available?

I tried searching the blackberry forums but couldn't find even a guess.

It will have the trackpad too...

What it won't have is CDMA capability :(

Do you have a guess on when the Onyx would be available?

I tried searching the blackberry forums but couldn't find even a guess.

No clue, seen a few prototypes but nothing on the release date.

It will have the trackpad too...

What it won't have is CDMA capability :(

I heard about the trackpad too; hope it will make it to production. I'm hearing both sides on the CDMA. Hope they will have it but somehow it seems BB always have to fall short on 1 or 2 things; that there is not an absolute model. :eusa_wall:

Holy Crap!!!! I just got it to sync wirelessly....

(major Pain in the ass.... I should receive an honorary Masters degree in MIS just for figuring this out.)

This thing is pretty cool!

Post your PINs everybody! lol I'm a BBM whore

24B17E8C

For those of you who don't know where to find it go to Options>Status>Highlight the PIN>Menu key>Copy PIN

Go to BlackBerry Messenger and set up your name and start sending requests if you have the other person's PIN

31B47F87

Might change next couple of days though, couldn't get the Tour yesterday, store was out of stock, so will try again over the weekend.

Post your PINs everybody! lol I'm a BBM whore

24B17E8C

For those of you who don't know where to find it go to Options>Status>Highlight the PIN>Menu key>Copy PIN

Go to BlackBerry Messenger and set up your name and start sending requests if you have the other person's PIN

301 933 08

You had me at 'whore'. :icon_mrgreen: