Doug Levin GTT vs. ZR1...*video*

Kisco

Can I put my 4 cents in this. I don't think it matters if he jumped him or not he pulled away very strong. The ZR1 was in the wrong gear should have been in second, that slowed him down. In a proper race it would not have been such a whipping but a good win anyway. I am sure from looking back at old posts that it was your 93 year old grandmother driving the ZR1 you told me you were going to train her. From my own experience I was also surprised by the ZR1 not being as fast as I thought, there will be DVD off a ZR1 running a few different cars at the Mojove airport run out soon. I think some of the ZR1 hype is waring off over time. As far as any car ever beating a stock SLR I don't think that is possible, Allen checks in the mail. So far the GTT looks good the ZR1 looks weak but my guess it is some were in the middle. I don't think I would want to be on the SLR side of the bet. I think it will be a lot closer. But I could be wrong when it comes to racing you never know every race is different.

Well according to you... you smoked the Zr1 in a stock Murcielago Lp640... As we all know Accichelli has already shown that on a roll the SLR will SMOKE the Lp640.... :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact remains.. At 75mph... The ZR1 should of definitely been in 2nd gear...

Fact remains that I would RAPE an SLR even more so than I did to the ZR1. :icon_thumleft:

Great job Fadi! I thought you slaughtered him pretty badly until I read all the expert "analysis" of the race and found out what really happened. Hell I bet the ZR1 would have lost to a Prius under those conditions. :eusa_doh:

Well according to you... you smoked the Zr1 in a stock Murcielago Lp640... As we all know Accichelli has already shown that on a roll the SLR will SMOKE the Lp640.... :icon_thumleft:

Maybe maybe not like I said every race is different. A stock SLR up against a stock LP640 should be close with the win on either side more or less than a car or two 30-190 . The SLR is supercharged and the LP640 is not the more altitude the race is at advantage SLR and add the LP640 running on improper octane has got to hurt take away those two you got a good race.But you would think a GTT weights less and makes more HP should beat both easy.

Yep I started in third gear. I dont know exactly fast we were going I wasn't looking at the speedometer, but it was about 80.

Yes you can put it in second from that speed but you end up having to shift almost instantly. It's one of those times when you are right on the fence about which gear to use. I doubt it would have made much difference, but who knows. I would have rather went from 60 where 2nd gear is the obvious choice, but he wanted to go from 80. Would have been fun to make a few runs from 60 and a few from 80, but he did not have enough gas to make any more runs.

As far as the jump. I can hear the turbos spooling on honk 2, but the car doesn't really pull away til about 3rd honk. I could have flat out left on the 2nd honk and the race would have looked the same at the end.

You all understand that we are comparing a 690 WHEEL HP car to a 630 CRANK HP, right?? Doesn't matter what gear the V e t t e started in, it was getting beat.

A stock ZR1 puts down what? ~530 WHEEL HP? Sorry folks, when you race a car with 160+ more HP, that's how it's going to look.

You all understand that we are comparing a 690 WHEEL HP car to a 630 CRANK HP, right?? Doesn't matter what gear the V e t t e started in, it was getting beat.

A stock ZR1 puts down what? ~530 WHEEL HP? Sorry folks, when you race a car with 160+ more HP, that's how it's going to look.

I totally agree there is no way the ZR1 has a chance against a car with 160 hp more and only a 150 lbs disadvantage . What I don't understand is why anyone would think a stock SLR will beat this GTT. The SLR has less HP then the ZR1 and weights 550 pounds more.

Fact remains that I would RAPE an SLR even more so than I did to the ZR1. :icon_thumleft:

Yup... and maybe youll become the POPE too!

Yep I started in third gear. I dont know exactly fast we were going I wasn't looking at the speedometer, but it was about 80.

Yes you can put it in second from that speed but you end up having to shift almost instantly. It's one of those times when you are right on the fence about which gear to use. I doubt it would have made much difference, but who knows. I would have rather went from 60 where 2nd gear is the obvious choice, but he wanted to go from 80. Would have been fun to make a few runs from 60 and a few from 80, but he did not have enough gas to make any more runs.

As far as the jump. I can hear the turbos spooling on honk 2, but the car doesn't really pull away til about 3rd honk. I could have flat out left on the 2nd honk and the race would have looked the same at the end.

Jorday,

Thank you for clearing things up. I appreciate it. When you mod your car, I have a feeling that the outcome will be reversed. I am excited to see how the car will run when it is complete. :icon_thumleft:

Yup... and maybe youll become the POPE too!

I am not Catholic, so that is impossible.

I am not Catholic, so that is impossible.

I wouldnt discount it... Alot of IMPOSSIBLE things seem to go your way...

I wouldnt discount it... Alot of IMPOSSIBLE things seem to go your way...

I just let the car do the talking, and your hopeful dreams do the typing. :icon_fU:

I just let the car do the talking, and your hopeful dreams do the typing. :icon_fU:

Uh huh.. for sure... I look forward to the vbox results... :icon_thumleft: After this video I expect you to beat my 4.65!

I don't see what the big deal is about this video. G should have won and did. Stock vs modified. The stock car does not have a hope in hell especially when there is a huge hp difference.

Uh huh.. for sure... I look forward to the vbox results... :icon_thumleft: After this video I expect you to beat my 4.65!

You are out of your mind...:lol2:

I will beat the 7.2, but I think it is going to be a close call to the 6.6. Remember, THIS VIDEO WAS TO 200 MPH, NOT 60-130.

Anyway, I am looking forward to it, Allan.. :icon_thumleft:

I will beat the 7.2, but I think it is going to be a close call to the 6.6. Remember, THIS VIDEO WAS TO 200 MPH, NOT 60-130.

Great kill! What is a SLR? haha

Great kill! What is a SLR? haha

Thanks man. You don't know what an SLR is? Most people don't. It's just an abbreviation for a Slower Luxury Ride.. :icon_mrgreen:

Yes, I realise it was to 200mph and not 60-130....

Yes.. my mother has one and she is a grandmother.. haha

Hope you guys dont service it.. Sad to see a beautifull car like that broken down with all your others.... :icon_thumleft:

Hope you guys dont service it.. Sad to see a beautifull car like that broken down with all your others.... :icon_thumleft:

I think you are getting us confused with another tuner. Like when you "thought" we blew up a engine but it tuned out to be another tuner.. oooops!! Did you ever remove your foot from your mouth after that one? hahaha.

Please don't mess up another thread MODERATOR.

Can we all just get a long??

I think you are getting us confused with another tuner. Like when you "thought" we blew up a engine but it tuned out to be another tuner.. oooops!! Did you ever remove your foot from your mouth after that one? hahaha.

Please don't mess up another thread MODERATOR.

Can we all just get a long??

I never thought you blew up a motor that another tuner did... Im talking about your MOTORS..... :icon_thumleft:

always

I never thought you blew up a motor that another tuner did... Im talking about your MOTORS..... :icon_thumleft:

always

Nope never touched that car "another" tuner did. I had not done a Spyder at that point. :icon_thumleft:

Underground Racing has had NO ENGINE problems with the Gallardo's. Lets hear your facts.. haha! Didn't think so good friend.

Hey Allan.... 3.5 :icon_thumleft:

Have a good week.

Underground Racing has had NO ENGINE problems with the Gallardo's. Lets hear your facts.. haha! Didn't think so good friend.

Hey Allan.... 3.5 :icon_thumleft:

Have a good week.

Hey UGR

Transmission=multiples

nuclear_explosion.jpg