Massa hit by part from Barrichello's car

sprite

No, no, I am thinking the exact same way as you do, but I did not expect this from him. I thought he won't think seriously about coming back, even this way. The best ones go away when they are on the top of the game, and in 2006 he was right there, almost clinching the F1 WDC.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped watching F1 when Schumacher retired, he was that good. Don't care what the young punks think about today's drivers, talent-wise no one is even CLOSE in skill, Hamilton included. Think about that.

The most mindblowing of Schumacher's many many records: 91 wins in 250 F1 race starts. Unbelieveable.

I stopped watching F1 when Schumacher retired, he was that good. Don't care what the young punks think about today's drivers, talent-wise no one is even CLOSE in skill, Hamilton included. Think about that.

The most mindblowing of Schumacher's many many records: 91 wins in 250 F1 race starts. Unbelieveable.

:iamwithstupid:

Still watch it though. Helluva fun sport!

He is on a completely different level than drivers of today. He began racing with the best of the 80s and 90s and still won.

:iamwithstupid:

Still watch it though. Helluva fun sport!

He is on a completely different level than drivers of today. He began racing with the best of the 80s and 90s and still won.

Last season was pretty slow except for the last corner when Hamiton "passed" glock....

This has been an entertaining season by far. Especially with the strange season openers where Button came out of no where...

Now we are getting "back to normal" then poor massa leading to Shumi coming back in. I think the rest of this season will be one never to forget.

Last season was pretty slow except for the last corner when Hamiton "passed" glock....

This has been an entertaining season by far. Especially with the strange season openers where Button came out of no where...

Now we are getting "back to normal" then poor massa leading to Shumi coming back in. I think the rest of this season will be one never to forget.

Next season is gonna be better! 26 cars, no stupid BMW and 4 new teams instead of 3 now that they've left, no refueling (YAY,) and no tire warmers (double YAY.)

I'm curious who's gonna get the last two grid slots. Will it be Prodrive/Aston Martin (or whatever the hell Richards decides to name it) or will it be between Lola (lets hope so) and Lotus?

All in all, F1 looks to be getting better and better, but still in no way can it touch MotoGP.

Next season is gonna be better! 26 cars, no stupid BMW and 4 new teams instead of 3 now that they've left, no refueling (YAY,) and no tire warmers (double YAY.)

I'm curious who's gonna get the last two grid slots. Will it be Prodrive/Aston Martin (or whatever the hell Richards decides to name it) or will it be between Lola (lets hope so) and Lotus?

All in all, F1 looks to be getting better and better, but still in no way can it touch MotoGP.

Never watched MotoGP, although I'm not a big bike guy so it may not be as entertaining. (Not that I have a F1 car in my drive way :)

Not to sure about no refueling. I prefer that because there is more pit strategy. Just means all the cars will start out heavier.

Tire warmers I don't care. Why Yay? Now we have to wait 1 more lap for them to get up to temperature.

I'm waiting for USF1 to get demolished........ :icon_fU:

Never watched MotoGP, although I'm not a big bike guy so it may not be as entertaining. (Not that I have a F1 car in my drive way :)

Not to sure about no refueling. I prefer that because there is more pit strategy. Just means all the cars will start out heavier.

Tire warmers I don't care. Why Yay? Now we have to wait 1 more lap for them to get up to temperature.

I'm waiting for USF1 to get demolished........ :icon_fU:

Watch a MotoGP race, and you'll never miss another. I think F1 used to be more fun without refueling, plus now the pit stops are gonna be faster because only tires get changed. Furthermore, now that there's no refueling, teams will cut it as close as possible and we may see quite a few cars not making it to the finish because they've run a few hundred feet short on juice.

Tire warmers suck because there's very little overtaking in F1 as is, what the ban will do is make sure that everyone starts out on the same temps (cold) and that drivers are gonna be more careful on the throttle for the first few laps until the rubber gets hot enough for proper racing. In those few laps, the brave will put on some serious moves on those who can't keep up a decent enough pace, this will promote overtaking. And we all know how good Hamilton, Massa, Alonso, Kimi, and Vettel are when it comes time to go around someone.

Why the USF1 hate? :icon_mrgreen:

Ah yes the good old days when F1 was run by Ferrari, and all the other teams were just awful. He was good, but if Senna hadn't of died, we probably wouldn't of known his name.

Ah yes the good old days when F1 was run by Ferrari, and all the other teams were just awful. He was good, but if Senna hadn't of died, we probably wouldn't of known his name.

Senna was great but I'm not sure about not even knowing shumy's name. I'm no fan of his but he is one of the best.

as for the rules...

I like my tire warmers and refueling.

As for this next race in 3 more long weeks I can't wait for Hamilton to blow the doors of Schugagger.

When is the next Moto GP race?

Yeah yeah yeah, and Joe Montana was simply a product of the West Coast offense.

Keep telling yourself that. :icon_thumleft:

no...way. I am a huge Senna fan but Schumi was a developing challenge for Senna in 94. The chin doesn't have the natural talent that Senna did, but he did have the speed and the focus to win championships.

no...way. I am a huge Senna fan but Schumi was a developing challenge for Senna in 94. The chin doesn't have the natural talent that Senna did, but he did have the speed and the focus to win championships.

Agree. Senna is an all-time great, what the guy did in the rain alone would qualify him as a top-5-ever pilot, but since that era there's been only one other to take a seat at that table: MS.

Yeah yeah yeah, and Joe Montana was simply a product of the West Coast offense.

Keep telling yourself that. :icon_thumleft:

Watch Senna driving in the rain......Senna had Prost and Mansell as foils. Prost won more races.....Senna was the better driver, certainly more committed, even Prost acknowledges that.

Schumacher never really had anybody to challenge him in his prime......and no Mika Häkkinen doesn't count.

Watch Senna driving in the rain......Senna had Prost and Mansell as foils.

Schumacher never really had anybody to challenge him in his prime......and no Mika Häkkinen doesn't count.

And I would argue that Tyson in his prime would be a decent match for heavyweights of any era, as he had the tools. Not the BEST, but in the conversation.

MS had the tools to be in the conversation of best drivers of any era, no question.

Senna was great but I'm not sure about not even knowing shumy's name. I'm no fan of his but he is one of the best.

as for the rules...

I like my tire warmers and refueling.

As for this next race in 3 more long weeks I can't wait for Hamilton to blow the doors of Schugagger.

When is the next Moto GP race?

Well, as always, to each his own.

Next MotoGP race is August 16th, 15 days and 4 hours from now. It's at Brno, Czech Republic, you can expect great crowds and damn good racing.

refueling, no tire warmers, smaller wings, no underbody aero.

then you'll see some passing.

I dont understand everyones complaint about passing, this isnt nascar, F1 is more about precision, and pitlane strategy. Yes passing is exciting, but I think this year has been seen a lot of good battles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr7yuktAJ7w

Senna passing everyone and their mother in the wet.

Of course Mikka's Pass on Schumi at Spa.

Watch Senna driving in the rain......Senna had Prost and Mansell as foils. Prost won more races.....Senna was the better driver, certainly more committed, even Prost acknowledges that.

FINALLY some one says what I have been saying for years. Who did schumi really race in his prime? Ferrari had the best car on the grid by miles and miles.

Anyone downplaying MS's talent has no clue. I am not a Shumi fan but damm he was good. Granted he did not have very good competition at times and he did have the best car . Pretty much any top 10 F1 driver will win in the right car but they might not be able to do it as consistently as MS.

Also, we should not forget when Michael went to Ferrari, their car was a pig and he helped develop the car through hard work and countless hours of testing.

The engineers and designers can only do so much and it is still up the driver to give feedback and without feedback you are going nowhere.

MS was undeniably the best setup man in F1 and the only driver that compares to him right now is Alonso.

Is he the best ever? Maybe and maybe not but certainly top 3 all time and whenever someone reaches the top of their field or profession people are going to take shots at them.

His personality might not have been the best , he did not play fair but again the difference between a good driver and a great driver is the killer instict. Without it you cannot succed in F1.

The same people who idolize Senna call Shumi an asshole. Well Senna was no saint and not a nice person in his earlier years. Great driver, also killer instinct but his character was very flawed.

Agreed with Aram. MS is undeniably one of the best drivers of F1, period. What he accomplished does not come out of luck; it's nothing but persistance, dedication, talent and a good team effort. Just like Lance Armstrong's Tour de France domination, or Michael Jordan's epic career, these guys were well surrounded, had amazing focus and had probably the best work ethic of them all, a powerful combination that creates champions and all-time greats.

Anyone downplaying MS's talent has no clue. I am not a Shumi fan but damm he was good. Granted he did not have very good competition at times and he did have the best car . Pretty much any top 10 F1 driver will win in the right car but they might not be able to do it as consistently as MS.

Also, we should not forget when Michael went to Ferrari, their car was a pig and he helped develop the car through hard work and countless hours of testing.

The engineers and designers can only do so much and it is still up the driver to give feedback and without feedback you are going nowhere.

MS was undeniably the best setup man in F1 and the only driver that compares to him right now is Alonso.

Is he the best ever? Maybe and maybe not but certainly top 3 all time and whenever someone reaches the top of their field or profession people are going to take shots at them.

His personality might not have been the best , he did not play fair but again the difference between a good driver and a great driver is the killer instict. Without it you cannot succed in F1.

The same people who idolize Senna call Shumi an asshole. Well Senna was no saint and not a nice person in his earlier years. Great driver, also killer instinct but his character was very flawed.

I would argue, Ross Brawn had a lot more to do with those championships than MS when it came down to it. Is MS great, yes he is, I just dont think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread like a lot of people believe. I think he had the right car at the right time, and the right amount of talent to utilize it.

Well, either way, looks like Schu is definitely replacing Massa for the time being....

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...o-formula-one/

F1 is removing all the videos of the accident from the net, stating copyright infringement. If you are interested in seeing what happened, you can still get a view at the following link...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3097401/felipe_massa_accident/

I hope Massa is able to race again, as after a multiple skull injury/fracture of such multitude, things usually don't end up very positive. No matter what, the publicity and viewing for F1 are going to sky rocket with Schu temporarily back!!

I would argue, Ross Brawn had a lot more to do with those championships than MS when it came down to it. Is MS great, yes he is, I just dont think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread like a lot of people believe. I think he had the right car at the right time, and the right amount of talent to utilize it.

Yeah, I guess he just happened to be in the right place at the right time pretty much consistently throughout his 16 year career. Please.

Before he went to Benetton they hadn't so much as won a race in years. After he left them with two championships under his belt I think they won 3 or 4 races total before they became Renault.

Before he went to Ferrari they were in shambles. Within two seasons he was a title contender and eventually came to dominate the sport so much that they had to change the rules to put him at a disadvantage. Right place at the right time? Three years after he is gone look where Ferrari is. When he went to a team he made it the right place.