Superleggera Owner dies

LemDog

I am truly sorry to hear about Richard. I first met Richard at Portland International Raceway, when he would bring his "track-dedicated M3" to our Pro Drive high performance driving school, where I am an instructor. Richard loved driving on the track, and he was a darn good driver who was always trying to get a few more tenths out of himself and his car. At the time, I owned a F430 and put many track miles on that car. Richard bought that car and added a ton of miles on it driving as much as he could from his home near Grants Pass to PIR. By the time he sold the F430, to buy his Superleggera, the car had around 20,000 miles, including many thousands on the track. He also continued to track his M3 and the SL. I, too, bought an SL, so Richard and I had many discussions comparing the SL and 430. Richard was also a total gentleman. He was kind and thoughtful. We once had dinner together and, naturally, talked the whole time about cars and the track. He loved Italian wines and gave me a bottle of Barolo for helping him with one of his car purchases. He was that kind of guy.

He will not only be missed by his family, but also by his track buddies at PIR.

jees not again..., RIP

just makes you think, you really need to enjoy life to the fullest! (each and every day)