Submit your questions for Corporate Luncheon here!

Destructo

How is Lambo going to cope with the new Ferrari 458, which looks fantastic?

We all know that many Lambo and Ferrari owners jump from brand to the other as new cars come available. They step from a F360 to Gallardo to F430 to Lp560 to F458, etc. Right now Ferrari seems like it will have the upper hand, unless Lambo develops a new car fast! i agree. These "Special Edition" Gallardo are not special enough.

+1

Also when are they going to introduce an extended warranty scheme.

Do they plan to become a multi car marque in the future like Porsche, if so how will they protect the brand.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that Lamborghini produces so few cars that I'd argue they have absolutely no impact on anything as it is. You have to be a complete idiot to think that Lamborghinis who drive so few miles with so few cars even measure into any equation, yet some politicians do simply because they seek both to be elected and to have some measurable personal relevance. It's a shame that true science has taken a bow to such environmental hysteria. That's likes saying, what steps is Lamborghini taking to insure that the moon's orbit remains in alignment with the earth?

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/05/report-...-next-gen-mode/

I was leaning more towards this...maybe turbos, kers or ethanol

Following closely in the footsteps of its rival from Maranello, Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann has confirmed in an interview with German Automobilewoche magazine that the Italian purveyor of high-end supercars is working on a hybrid Gallardo. Not surprisingly, the electrically assisted Bull is expected to hit the market in 2015 – the same year as the upcoming fuel-saving Ferrari.

In contrast to the recently announced fully electric SLS Gullwing from Mercedes-Benz, Lamborghini's eco-friendly efforts won't include replacing the traditional gasoline powerplant completely. Instead, Winkelmann suggests that a small electric motor would be used solely to get the car moving at low speeds, after which either the expected V10 or V12 engine would kick the fun into high gear.

Worry not, Lambo fans – there's no chance the company will lose focus on its high performance roots. In fact, the boys at Inside Line report that both the Gallardo and Murcièlago lines are destined to receive dedicated track-ready Balboni-style rear-wheel drive models to augment the automaker's already amazingly capable all-wheel drive supercars.

As the title implies. TommyJames was kind enough to take my suggestion on making a list of questions those of us from L/P would like to ask Corporate at the luncheon.

From this thread: http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry625969

Please post your questions here, makes them reasonable please.

I will put up my questions here tonight.

Hi Everyone! Let's keep the questions coming... only 37 more days till the event. Look forward to seeing everyone in OC. :icon_super:

Could there be a Lamborghini "Gentleman's Racing Series" like the Ferrari Challenge?

I don't know if that series makes any money at all for Ferrari, but if it did, it could be something to look into.

Ask him when the LP5x0-4 SL is coming. If he can't answer that directly tell him I will buy the brand new Ferrari 458 Shitalia:

09082009130b.jpg

IA3001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My car goes on a truck on Monday along with three others. Some are driving down from Seattle and others are coming from LV. I'm just compiling the questions for management and I'll get them to them this week.

In Sept 09 edition of EVO they quote Winkelmann on Lambo developing stop start engines.

If anyone can dig up info or a clearer plan of what Lambo will actually be doing would be great.

They have no choice. Without this they will be unable to meet regulations.

Why don't they use the CGT's Carbon chassis as the base for the next Lambo Supercar? Huge development work has already gone into it, it's a great chassis, and VAG ownes P.

I'm with Alan on Turbocharging.

They have no choice. Without this they will be unable to meet regulations.

Why don't they use the CGT's Carbon chassis as the base for the next Lambo Supercar? Huge development work has already gone into it, it's a great chassis, and VAG ownes P.

I'm with Alan on Turbocharging.

Given the questions, we hope to get the head of R&D to be a part of the discussion. Keep in mind they run much like Apple in terms of secrecy as they should, however in Seattle they were able to talk about advantages and disadvantages and they were specific about some future plans.