Submit your questions for Corporate Luncheon here!

Destructo

Lamborghini needs a flagship model that performs. Like Ferrari has done with the F40/F50/Enzo... Does Lambo have any plans for this, and please dont say the Revolting as that is a joke...

How badly do they hate Allanlambo over in Santa ####?

Lambo needs to break out TURBOCHARGING before Ferrari does...

Yes, some people thought the Reventon was intended to be such an animal as the F40/F50/Enzo and it was never the case. It was always intended to be a rolling example of design like rolling art. It was more like creating a concept car and building 20 rather than one. I agree that it would be cool to see that very limited truly radical performer than doesn't share the same body or parts as anything else. It could be a matter of a business case with so many projects already on the table.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but let's be practical --- as if the Lambo guys are really going to spill out everything we asked. At best, it will be a PR exercise with a few hints just to wet the appetite.

Why not make "suggestions" to these guys to ponder on --- let them hear what Lambo owners want and should get but be pragmatic and factor in real-life economic terms (e.g. sure we would want a new flagship Lambo to match or beat a Veyron but is that truly a reality?) Start with down-to-earth things like: how about making clear REAR side-markers for us North American poor souls?

You are right that they are limited regarding what they can share, but they also can talk about what they think is important and why. When we had the meeting in Seattle, there were things they couldn't talk about, yet there was enough they could to make it really interesting. They do get into specifics about decisions and ideas. And I also think it is good if they got feedback about what's important and why.

How far away is partial hybrid integration in the Lamborghini lineup (including stop/start tech)? What kind of new technologies are to be implemented within the next five years?

In Sept 09 edition of EVO they quote Winkelmann on Lambo developing stop start engines.

If anyone can dig up info or a clearer plan of what Lambo will actually be doing would be great.

Why the hell is Lambo developing stop start engines if true? How does this help the driving experience on the highway, autobahn, or race track?

What a total waste of R&D dollars. Any estimated weight penalty? Do us a favor, design a lighter exhaust system to make the car more efficient.

Any insight to average Egear clutch life, any CCB issues.

Here is my "already know the answer to the question,but I'll ask anyways" question: Porsche offers aerokits for their cars, why doesn't Lambo offer such an item for the LP550/560, utilizing Super Trofeo body parts?

If the answer is no, there better be a damn SuperG with them in the pipeline!

Sorry but let's be practical --- as if the Lambo guys are really going to spill out everything we asked. At best, it will be a PR exercise with a few hints just to wet the appetite.

Why not make "suggestions" to these guys to ponder on --- let them hear what Lambo owners want and should get but be pragmatic and factor in real-life economic terms (e.g. sure we would want a new flagship Lambo to match or beat a Veyron but is that truly a reality?) Start with down-to-earth things like: how about making clear REAR side-markers for us North American poor souls?

That's why I kept mine a bit vague, you guys are asking things that Winkelmann wouldn't even share with his wife... :lol2:

Ask things that don't involve power levels or dates. Everything else is a waste of time. Ask about philosophy, generalities. Asking "When is the LP560-SL coming" is unrealistic.

That's why I kept mine a bit vague, you guys are asking things that Winkelmann wouldn't even share with his wife... :lol2:

Ask things that don't involve power levels or dates. Everything else is a waste of time. Ask about philosophy, generalities. Asking "When is the LP560-SL coming" is unrealistic.

True. Let me rephrase my questions. Mr. Winkleman, where do you get your suits?

I'd still ask. One never knows, especially if they get these questions ahead of time and can plan to say something along these lines so keep asking here. It's important that they know ahead of time to help shape the discussion. In this format, no question is too outside of their possibilities. I will make sure they get all of these ahead of time so they can decide what to reveal.

Why the hell is Lambo developing stop start engines if true? How does this help the driving experience on the highway, autobahn, or race track?

What a total waste of R&D dollars. Any estimated weight penalty? Do us a favor, design a lighter exhaust system to make the car more efficient.

All car manufacturers in this economic climate need to show that they are thinking beyond pure performance.

I think it is an interesting step and would like to know more about the project.

True. Let me rephrase my questions. Mr. Winkleman, where do you get your suits?

You don't have to ask him that, it's already answered. :lol2:

"I have a tailor in Italy who does my suits exclusively. I choose the fabrics, and he does the work. But he is not a tailor who is linked to any brand, so it is a bit of a one-man show."

Link

In Sept 09 edition of EVO they quote Winkelmann on Lambo developing stop start engines.

I know (I read the article), that's why I asked the question - I'd be interested to know how far away the tech is. As they're willing to mention the existence of this line of research, they may be willing to tell us a bit more about it.

:edit: Oh, and one more question: can they clarify once and for all whether the Bizzarrini V12 is seeing its final incarnation in the Murcielago. There's been a lot of speculation that the replacement flagship will use an all-new engine, but I've never seen an official source. It's another rather optimistic question, I know, but it can't hurt to ask.

All car manufacturers in this economic climate need to show that they are thinking beyond pure performance.

I think it is an interesting step and would like to know more about the project.

Lamborghini is thinking beyond pure performance? I'm sorry, but Audi should handle the brute of engineering in the "make the greenies happy field." If you want to learn more about the system, its a simple concept. Car not moving? Engine off. Tap the accelerator, engine on. Try it next time you are in a traffic jam. :lol2:

What do you think helps Lamborghini sell more cars, "The Gallardo is the best performing car in the market segment" or "The Gallardo is the only car in its segment that automatically turns of its engine when you are not moving,because everyone wants to not hear your Lamborghini when you are at a red light"

IMHO the ROI for a start stop system, is pathetic for a brand like Lamborghini. Research dollars should go elsewhere.

Lamborghini is thinking beyond pure performance? I'm sorry, but Audi should handle the brute of engineering in the "make the greenies happy field." If you want to learn more about the system, its a simple concept. Car not moving? Engine off. Tap the accelerator, engine on. Try it next time you are in a traffic jam. :lol2:

What do you think helps Lamborghini sell more cars, "The Gallardo is the best performing car in the market segment" or "The Gallardo is the only car in its segment that automatically turns of its engine when you are not moving,because everyone wants to not hear your Lamborghini when you are at a red light"

IMHO the ROI for a start stop system, is pathetic for a brand like Lamborghini. Research dollars should go elsewhere.

Completely agree, however Lamborghini has to work within an every increasingly hostile political climate when it comes to environmental issues even though if you fired up all the Lamborghinis in the world and ran them for a year, Ford in one morning would still generate more "pollutants" in the eco-nazi sense of the term. Still, we have elected idiots far and wide and they look for any political cause and exotics are in their crosshairs. Consequently if it's the difference between car and no car due to eco-hysteria, I'll want whatever I can get. I'm already a little annoyed they are spending good money on "green" buildings when I'd rather see it go into faster cars as there is no way in hell a company that produces so few cars has any impact on anything of a true environmental nature. It's purely political feel-good science and resulting action at best. To me Lamborghini should always be about substance and results first, chasing good intentions with no proven results is for weenies. Lamborghini is a bull not a fairy.

Will the next flagship be better than the next entry model, unlike now where the entry model is better than the flagship model (performance, handling, braking, etc).

This question is in regards to environmental impact. The recent agreements from the latest G9 summit indicate the leading nations intentions on lowering greenhouse emissions. As a manufacturer whom develops large displacement, high horsepower vehicles; what steps is the company taking to position itself as a participant in continuing to deliver the same passionate vehicles while reducing emissions?

Someone should also ask about the fueling location on the gallardo and the high number of combusting incidents.

This question is in regards to environmental impact. The recent agreements from the latest G9 summit indicate the leading nations intentions on lowering greenhouse emissions. As a manufacturer whom develops large displacement, high horsepower vehicles; what steps is the company taking to position itself as a participant in continuing to deliver the same passionate vehicles while reducing emissions?

Someone should also ask about the fueling location on the gallardo and the high number of combusting incidents.

The problem is that Lamborghini produces so few cars that I'd argue they have absolutely no impact on anything as it is. You have to be a complete idiot to think that Lamborghinis who drive so few miles with so few cars even measure into any equation, yet some politicians do simply because they seek both to be elected and to have some measurable personal relevance. It's a shame that true science has taken a bow to such environmental hysteria. That's likes saying, what steps is Lamborghini taking to insure that the moon's orbit remains in alignment with the earth?

How about letting their already existing Ad Personam program (solely) take care of any customer's desires for 'esoteric versions' of the cars, and knock it off already with the endless special editions that are just getting more and more tacky (and laughable, b/c they're not that special).

How about letting their already existing Ad Personam program (solely) take care of any customer's desires for 'esoteric versions' of the cars, and knock it off already with the endless special editions that are just getting more and more tacky (and laughable, b/c they're not that special).

The idea behind the special editions are simply. If you look at any of the sales sites, you will constantly see "one of only _____ made." It's become extremely important that customers want differentiation and don't want to see the same thing on the road again and again. I think the limited edition cars add more personality and they are not designed to appeal to everyone. Fine watches are the same way, as are so many other rare products. Key word is "rare". How do you both keep something rare and still make enough to justify selling any cars? I'm glad they are producing so many limited editions because it makes me feel like I have something unique.

The idea behind the special editions are simply. If you look at any of the sales sites, you will constantly see "one of only _____ made." It's become extremely important that customers want differentiation and don't want to see the same thing on the road again and again. I think the limited edition cars add more personality and they are not designed to appeal to everyone. Fine watches are the same way, as are so many other rare products. Key word is "rare". How do you both keep something rare and still make enough to justify selling any cars? I'm glad they are producing so many limited editions because it makes me feel like I have something unique.

O.K., but that's why I mentioned Ad Personam. It gives the customer "the differentiation and personality" you speak of; in fact, it almost assures the vehicle is one of one made ! That, to me, makes it truly "rare"; if that's your thing.

(Not that I care, but, I'm sure my LP560-4 is (more than likely) probably one of one in this country.

:)

That's likes saying, what steps is Lamborghini taking to insure that the moon's orbit remains in alignment with the earth?

Definitely ask that...

Thing is without derailing this thread (maybe we should start a new one) Lambo had to shut their factory down recently. Any longer and they would have to either lay people off or go to the EU or the Italian government for assistance - you can see what the governments would say.

Now certainly the potential CO2 emissions of all Lambos in existence could give some excessively bad figures but we know the actual reality here is that is not the case.

Lambo has to be conscientious of this and act accordingly not only to protect its image but its owners and staff.

Plus with more efficient engines comes better performance and less stops at the pumps where complete and utter bell ends ask you if it is a replica/how much is it/you in the drugs trade etc

How is Lambo going to cope with the new Ferrari 458, which looks fantastic?

We all know that many Lambo and Ferrari owners jump from brand to the other as new cars come available. They step from a F360 to Gallardo to F430 to Lp560 to F458, etc. Right now Ferrari seems like it will have the upper hand, unless Lambo develops a new car fast! i agree. These "Special Edition" Gallardo are not special enough.