Guns

OVI

Love these kinds of threads!

I like my guns just how I like my women..

Cheap and Eastern European!

Unfortunately due to California gun laws I cannot legally own any firearm until my 21st Birthday. So at my parents house back in South Dakota I have:

Vector Arms AK-47- 7.62x39

El cheao Yugo SKS- 7.62x39

Romanian PSL- 7.62x54R

Mosin Nagant- 7.62x54R

The only pictures I have are of a friend of mine helping sight in someone else while using my PSL. The picture of the ginger kid in tactical plaid is of myself this past summer!

post-14796-1253501819_thumb.jpg

post-14796-1253501832_thumb.jpg

post-14796-1253501841_thumb.jpg

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE CARPEAPER

Those .22 Rugers are such a blast! I've fired a huge array of handguns and that Ruger will always put a smile on my face!

Love these kinds of threads!

I like my guns just how I like my women..

Cheap and Eastern European!

Unfortunately due to California gun laws I cannot legally own any firearm until my 21st Birthday. So at my parents house back in South Dakota I have:

Vector Arms AK-47- 7.62x39

El cheao Yugo SKS- 7.62x39

Romanian PSL- 7.62x54R

Mosin Nagant- 7.62x54R

The only pictures I have are of a friend of mine helping sight in someone else while using my PSL. The picture of the ginger kid in tactical plaid is of myself this past summer!

how do you like the PSL?

It's a great toy, but I think that's about it.

Pros

Cheap to shoot

Gorgeous

Easy to maintain- It's Eastern European!

Cons

It's very inconsistent regardless of what ammo you're using.

The scope isn't much more effective than irons.

It's useless for home defense because the 7.62x54R is a beast and would over penetrate.

So unless you want it around to complete a collection of AK-style firearms you could have a solid AR or 2 AK-47s!

Hope that helps

PS. I forgot to mention it's outrageously loud too! Not sure if that's a pro or con ;)

THE CARPEAPER

Those .22 Rugers are such a blast! I've fired a huge array of handguns and that Ruger will always put a smile on my face!

yep, even more fun when they function semi auto, AND DONT MAKE A SOUND! :icon_mrgreen:

It's a great toy, but I think that's about it.

Pros

Cheap to shoot

Gorgeous

Easy to maintain- It's Eastern European!

Cons

It's very inconsistent regardless of what ammo you're using.

The scope isn't much more effective than irons.

It's useless for home defense because the 7.62x54R is a beast and would over penetrate.

So unless you want it around to complete a collection of AK-style firearms you could have a solid AR or 2 AK-47s!

Hope that helps

PS. I forgot to mention it's outrageously loud too! Not sure if that's a pro or con ;)

you cannot use cheapo 7.62x54 in a PSL or Romak. they were designed for the silvertip "dragunov" match / sniper ammo.

regular cheapo 7.62x54 is for the bolt action Mosin -Nagants.

in a pinch, you can use the belted 7.62x54 machine gun ammo. it will function and will be accurate in a Dragunov, aPSL or a Romak.

post-3289-1253574427_thumb.jpg

you cannot use cheapo 7.62x54 in a PSL or Romak. they were designed for the silvertip "dragunov" match / sniper ammo.

regular cheapo 7.62x54 is for the bolt action Mosin -Nagants.

in a pinch, you can use the belted 7.62x54 machine gun ammo. it will function and will be accurate in a Dragunov, aPSL or a Romak.

Correct.

I've used the recommended silvertip/softball ammo and still had issues with the round tumbling. I've read a number of articles over at www.ak47.net and next time I'm home I'll see if I can try a few things to improve it.

Bought my first gun in March of this year and they're more addicting then those lines I did down in Tuscaloosa...

Thus Far:

Benelli SuperNova Tactical

SKS, Paratrooper Edition. My father (who is not a gun guy at all) picked this up in the early 90s for $40 after crates and crates were shipped to the US from communist countries, so the story goes...

This week's purchase:

Kahr PM9 or MK9, have not decided yet. A 9mm that can fit in your front pocket. An awesome CCW.

The future:

AK-47

AR-15

Remington Model 700 .308

Benelli M4

What about used guns? As long as they are from a reputable dealer and have all the required paperwork?

If you're careful about things like condition and recalls buying a used gun can be a great way to save some money. Example: Ryan335 (member here) bought a HK 45 USP compact for hundreds off of MSRP and it had only been fired a handful of times. It is in great shape and he saved a lot of money.

pix1387740843.jpg

GREAT RACK!!!!!

Do you know how much they want for that stapler on it?

What about used guns? As long as they are from a reputable dealer and have all the required paperwork?

Just like a used car, do you're research and inspections and you shouldn't have anything to worry about and can find some great deals. I bought a SIG P226 used and factory certified for about $300 less than a new one and it looks brand new. Also have an AK-47 that I picked up used that was in good condition but needed a good cleaning. Unlike a used car though a used gun more than likely won't depreciate should you decide to sell it.

Was in the safe today and decided to take all the long guns out for a pic. From Left to right..

Remington 870 Tactical Express 2 round mag extension and standoff barrel

Ruger 10/22 Leupold rimfire scope

Rock River Arms Pro Series elite La Rue flip to the side 3X magnifier

Colt 6920

Remington 700 SPS .308 with a nightforce 12-42 X 56 NXS scope and harris bipod

Mossberg 500 with standoff barrel

Olympic Arms AR15 with rail and Noveski KX3 flash suppressor

Benelli M2 with 7 round mag extension

Some day I will have to round up the handguns and take a family pic.

post-8729-1253976225_thumb.jpg

Nice!! How do you compare the Remington 870 with the Mossberg 500?

One being a pistol grip and the other having a stock makes them two really different animals to shoot. The Remington has ghost ring sight on it so it feels like a rifle when it comes to aiming. There have been some bear sightings around my area the last few days so I have been taking the moss with me when I take the dog out for his pee at night, I live right next to a bunch of woods and the dog goes in there for the bathroom. Can't beat the compact size of a pistol grip for taking it with you, the Remington gets left in the safe. As far as functionality wise they both work just as smoothly as each other. I like the take down of the Remington better. That is the only advantage I would give the Remington over the moss.

Hey Guys

Not sure if there is already a thread started about this, but if so please put in the appropriate place. I have just started getting into guns, and wanted to see what kind of firepower you all have, and would recommend for future purchases. Seems like if things continue like they are guns will be an appreciating asset (: Stock up fellas.

Here is what I have so far.

Glock 23 .40 (I love this one)

3922343567_4f712b0fb1_b.jpg

Smith & Wessen 9mm (this one is cheep but fun to shoot)

3923128550_b1b386f518_b.jpg

Looking to get an AR15, Mossberg Pistol Grip Shotgun, & most of all a H&K UMP

Are you some revenuer tryin' to set us up ?

Seriously , buy them while you still can .