Best Exercise to cut body fat/Gain Muscle

pockmark

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Las mujeres in Miami es lo mejor en el mundo

You wish.... hey man you need to get your fat ass out of Miami, I could name a dozen cities that have hotter women(con mejor culito tambiem!). btw, its 9:30, how many smokes and cups of joe so far today? :icon_mrgreen:

You wish.... hey man you need to get your fat ass out of Miami, I could name a dozen cities that have hotter women(con mejor culito tambiem!). btw, its 9:30, how many smokes and cups of joe so far today? :icon_mrgreen:

Depende que tipo de mujer te gusta Bernardo. :lol2: No coffee as I can't drink it without tons of sugar and creamer. I make Cuban coffee in my office every afternoon at 2pm for my employees and colleagues, and I can't even drink it! I have 2 cigs every morning on the way to work. My smoking days are numbered. :shock: :crybaby2:

Cafe Cuwano?!! Oi!! Que lastima que me lo estrano...

Ah, The Cigs are what makes you look forward to going to work, (at least thats my excuse). It's funny, I can have a square after lunch and 1 on my way home and still bang out 2miles and intense cardio with no coughing.

Drinking with tha fells fuggetaboutit, its like a tradition to stop at 7-11 for a pack on my way to the bar. Golf, Poker, no contest...

im pretty much doing the same thing youre doing

ive been on a routine since mid august

i strength train every other day, and do cardio everyday

i eat red meats once a month, and have fish/chicken everyday

i take in about 200-220 grams of protein everyday , and my current body fat is around 12.8%

im 6'2" and weigh 190 lbs, so im in good shape to begin with...

the goal is that by january-february, i will be at 5% bodyfat

ive changed my diet dramatically... no mroe rice, breads, pasta etc

6 small meals a day and i drink about 2 liters of water a day

i went from smoking 1 pack of cigarretes a day, to about 5 cigarrettes a week

my body feels amazing

i no longer sleep for 9 hours.. i couldnt if i tried... i average about 6-6.5 hours of sleep now... my body has so much energy ive never felt healthier

Congrats Steve. Let me know how it goes. My bf is pretty high right now. I am currently at 23.4%. Lost a total of 4lbs week 1. Next week the diet gets more serious. Just bought my multivitamins, and optimum nutrition protein in vanilla and chocolate. So starting off slow with the suppliments. Next week on top of the multivitamin, and protein, I will be adding amino acids, glutamine, fish oil, a NO suppliment, and potentially a testosterone booster.

Let's see how much I can take off this week

topcarbon, spotted.

That was probably at 80mph too.Tomorrow I start weight training. I have creatine, protein, and my multi-vitamin ready :icon_super: . HYPED! Good luck pikemike. Let's see how well I fare off. I'm willing to get my before/after pictures ready. I'm using Animal Pak multi v, ON pro complex protein for post workout, super-pump 250 pre workout, and size on creatine post workout.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We should do a Biggest Loser Lambo Power Edition

Thats what I was just going to throw out. A competition keeps me motivated. I was about to start a journal on t-nation too. pikemike vs mrdoctor :icon_mrgreen: .

Congrats Steve. Let me know how it goes. My bf is pretty high right now. I am currently at 23.4%. Lost a total of 4lbs week 1. Next week the diet gets more serious. Just bought my multivitamins, and optimum nutrition protein in vanilla and chocolate. So starting off slow with the suppliments. Next week on top of the multivitamin, and protein, I will be adding amino acids, glutamine, fish oil, a NO suppliment, and potentially a testosterone booster.

Let's see how much I can take off this week

Welldone man. I finished my week1 and lost 2kg as well. I'm going to get on with all the suppliments, protein and fish oil and fruit and veg tablets too. I only walked 10,000 steps a day in the past week tho. maybe I should do bit more exciese.

That was probably at 80mph too.Tomorrow I start weight training. I have creatine, protein, and my multi-vitamin ready :icon_super: . HYPED! Good luck pikemike. Let's see how well I fare off. I'm willing to get my before/after pictures ready. I'm using Animal Pak multi v, ON pro complex protein for post workout, super-pump 250 pre workout, and size on creatine post workout.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Uhhh......why?

We should do a Biggest Loser Lambo Power Edition

Just weighed myself at the gym, I'm officially at my goal.

August 23rd - 181lbs

September 28th - 165lbs.

Just weighed myself at the gym, I'm officially at my goal.

August 23rd - 181lbs

September 28th - 165lbs.

Impressive. How tall are you, and how did you do it?

Impressive. How tall are you, and how did you do it?

Thanks, I'm 5'8

It wasn't to bad really. I worked out virtually everyday anyway, the only thing I really changed was my diet. Which was tricky because I'm a really picky eater, in the end I just continued to eat what I had been eating, just less off it and cut out anything that I didn't really need.

I have some before and after pics. I'll try and get them together right quick.

Edit: Here are a couple of pics. They aren't particularly consistent, but you get the idea.

Before

beginw12.jpg

After

image044t.jpg

image0462.jpg

what kind of protein/creatine are u guys taking ?

also, WHEN do you take it ? during or after workout ?

i drink 50% of my protein/creatine shake during strength training, then i finish it off dight before i start my 70 minutes of cardio..

by the time i get home, im sore as hell, and have a clif protein bar (natural ingredients, and 20g of protein per serving)

what kind of protein/creatine are u guys taking ?

also, WHEN do you take it ? during or after workout ?

i drink 50% of my protein/creatine shake during strength training, then i finish it off dight before i start my 70 minutes of cardio..

by the time i get home, im sore as hell, and have a clif protein bar (natural ingredients, and 20g of protein per serving)

I am taking Optimum Nutrition Whey, and I take 3 scoops of Vanilla in the morning with breakfast right before my workout, and 3 scoops of Double Chocolate at lunch. Funny thing is that I did Chest/Triceps on Friday and I was really sore all weekend. I started with the protein this morning, and the soreness completely went away. I also pulled/pinched a nerve in my neck on Friday doing overhead tricep extensions. After taking the protein/multivitamin this morning, the pain went away. Great stuff.

I am considering doing only weights on certain days, and cardio on my off weight training days as I cant seem to get enough time on my weight days to do both. I have about 1 hour and 15 minute window in the morning to get it done, so I am thinking it is not enough time to concentrate on both.

no creatine ?

Nope. Gets me way too bloated. I have taken it in the past and put on good size, but as soon as you get off of it, you lose some size/strength.

:icon_super: @ rogue. I wish I was that motivated!

SteveK:

I take optimum nutrition pro complex after workout, with a scoop of some cheap whey protein I got at a health store about an hour before workout, along with some carbs. I like the pro complex after workout because it has all of your aminos, glutamine, and its a protein mix, giving you the benefits of a fast absorbing protein, combined with the benefits of slow absorbing proteins. I would have never bought it if vitamin shoppe didn't have it on sale, because the regular price in $60 :lol2: .

BTW creatine isn't a bad product to take. Depending on the type you take, it can be beneficial. Very optional and the gains are minimal at best.

I was up at 7:15am this morning. The first time in a while!

:icon_super: @ rogue. I wish I was that motivated!

SteveK:

I take optimum nutrition pro complex after workout, with a scoop of some cheap whey protein I got at a health store about an hour before workout, along with some carbs. I like the pro complex after workout because it has all of your aminos, glutamine, and its a protein mix, giving you the benefits of a fast absorbing protein, combined with the benefits of slow absorbing proteins. I would have never bought it if vitamin shoppe didn't have it on sale, because the regular price in $60 :lol2: .

BTW creatine isn't a bad product to take. Depending on the type you take, it can be beneficial. Very optional and the gains are minimal at best.

I was up at 7:15am this morning. The first time in a while!

I am up at 5:40am on my training days. Have 4 eggs, a banana, and a protein shake. Hit the gym from 6:30am-7:45am then take a shower and go to work.

i would love to train with you, but i might not be a great influence lol i smoke 1 pack of ultra lights every 3 days. my favorite time is after a workout (i know that is ridiculous) but after a 5 mile run or workout for some reason a cig tastes great!

my gf does not smoke so im trying to quit now, i have tried nicorette, but have not been to successful. after a 10 hr work day i look forward to that cig on the drive home with a great song playing on the ipod! (its kind of like desert after dinner)

i have been training hard for 14 years and im 5,10 190 w/abs and i will honestly day that 80% of these results are from diet. what changed my physique was using the gourmet for life food program, for $20 a day you cant go wrong and the food is awesome!!! you should def look into that mike.

Good Luck and give me some tips on quiting smoking.

Gourmet for life looked interesting but I see it's South Florida only...

Wondering if there's anything else on a national level, or at least NYC area?

Gourmet for life looked interesting but I see it's South Florida only...

Wondering if there's anything else on a national level, or at least NYC area?

Try this place..

Had to throw in some peanut butter sandwiches this week as the turkey was killing me every day having the same thing. Plus I remember there was a 9th grader on my football team in HS that was benching 405lbs at the time. I said do you take creatine, protein, anything? He said nope, I eat about 7 peanut butter sandwiches per day.

Had to throw in some peanut butter sandwiches this week as the turkey was killing me every day having the same thing. Plus I remember there was a 9th grader on my football team in HS that was benching 405lbs at the time. I said do you take creatine, protein, anything? He said nope, I eat about 7 peanut butter sandwiches per day.

Nuts are for getting the healthy fats in your diet. If you are chowing down natural peanut butter, I would be careful not to overeat the fats for the day.

May be this will help, these are foods I eat while cutting:

eggs, meats, chicken, tuna canned (a lot), cottage cheese before bed for slow absorbtion. whey (lots of it)

carbs:

honestly, beans and oatmeal. beans are great because they give you protein as well, you will be killing everyone around you with the protein + beans farts though. brown rice.

fats:

almonds, nuts, if I have it, flax oil.

that is about it. As long as you are getting a calorie deficit and are eating enough protein, you'll be fine, generally. Figure out what those numbers are for you, its crucial for good results.