Texas Mile... The Prediction Thread

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY SHIT!!! THERE IS AN UGR YELLOW GALLARDO BURNING ON THE RUNWAY AT THE TEXAS MILE!!

Blew the motor at the 3/4 mile mark and there is oil and parts all over the place... Hope the driver is OK!!!

orange UGR #5000 Lambo just ran 241.63 mph.

Car is in perfect shape and ready to run again.

New Lambo record.

Yeah, watched them yank parts off the black gallardo and work all night trying to fix the orange one... looks like they got it back together for a good run... overheard a conversation that the black car burned up or broke a valve and blew that motor as well...

List of the 4 fastest cars at the mile.

1. SW's 246 MPH Black Supra

2. Amit's 244 MPH Big Red Supra

3. Tommy's 242 MPH QS Supra

4. Kyle's 241 MPH TT Gallardo.

HOLY SHIT!!! THERE IS AN UGR YELLOW GALLARDO BURNING ON THE RUNWAY AT THE TEXAS MILE!!

Blew the motor at the 3/4 mile mark and there is oil and parts all over the place... Hope the driver is OK!!!

No? Are you kidding?

not kidding. connector rod caps and oil all over runway... car burst into flames at 3/4 mile marker...

sw only ran one run of 243 with smoke pouring out of car... if he ran again I missed it...

looks like the other supra's are knocking on the door of the record

So all of them are broken now?

i think the orange car is still ok.. it missed the roll on racing from what i could see while it was being repaired... black car down, yellow car down, viper down... orange car repaired and other black gallardo with black wheels is ok...

two motors down, a clutch on the viper getting the dr. pepper trick and tranny/ clutch on orange car which was swapped... agree anyone who pushes will break parts.. nothing to be embarrased about thats for sure...

killer run of 241.. congrats!

Awesome numbers! Allmost 400km/h :shock:

This makes you think how advanced the Veyron really is when it reaches speeds like this all day long, over and over again without needing stuff like tape, paraschutes etc and it just keeps going strong..

To bad it costs 5x as much as a G and is butt ugly. :lol2:

Props to all the drivers there! Be sure to stay safe and please keep the reports comming :icon_thumleft:

Awesome numbers! Allmost 400km/h :shock:

This makes you think how advanced the Veyron really is when it reaches speeds like this all day long, over and over again without needing stuff like tape, paraschutes etc and it just keeps going strong..

To bad it costs 5x as much as a G and is butt ugly. :lol2:

Props to all the drivers there! Be sure to stay safe and please keep the reports comming :icon_thumleft:

Can the Veyron do 240+ within a mile of a standing start?

Congrats UGR on a great run! 241 is incredible and just set a new standard for this platform!!

Glad to hear that the driver of the car was ok!!

I ended up missing the mile with my FGTs (my gallardo doesn't have gears and was never intended to go)...

My yellow FGT (the C&D car) has a high rpm built motor and unfortunately we just got the motor back days before the event, Heffner's guys tried to get it there in time but it was too much to do in too short of a time... we decided to try and go with my matte black car and were plagued by electrical issues in the stock pcm (same issue that put the ART GT down at the mile today)... finally got it fixed through the help of the GT Community and enjoyed the car immensely at the GT Annual rally... Car puts down 1500 to the wheel and we cruised for hours and hours through the hill country with about 70 FGTs... what a great time and a huge testament to the drivability of the car!! Thanks to Heffner and Crew for building such an awesome car and to American Racing Technologies for helping get the electrical issues figured out in Austin!!

we should be ready for the next one and can't wait!! :D

These numbers are just jawdropping! What were the fastest numbers in this particular event for the street cars?

These are all "street" cars i believe. Or atleast the majority of them were. The 241MPH UGR TT Gallardo is a street car.

jbsteven Ford GT 226.200 (record speed for a Ford GT in a standing mile)