Texas Mile... The Prediction Thread

Allan-Herbie

CONGRATS JBSTEVEN!!! New record for a FGT!!! :D

thanks, until you give it a go big guy.

:icon_thumleft:

you guys will get a kick out of how my official time sheet was printed by the Mile crew. I'll post it tomorrow.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gallardos are impressive being it is their first time out! They have a good chance at making huge improvements if they come out to the next TX Mile. Big props for getting some real exotics out to the mile!

Supras are even more impressive as they are from a 20 year old Japanese design with a lot less cylinders and displacement compared to the rest of the competition. Plus they are extremely heavy compared to the rest of the cars running stock and the aerodynamics isn't as good as well. This is exactly the reason why I created the Culture Shock Camaro with the 2JZ in it making over 1,000HP! ;) We ran a 1997 Toyota Supra at the TX mile a year ago with a original motor with over 100k miles on it with only bolt on parts and managed 198mph (motor was never rebuilt at the time). I don't think there are many cars that can manage that without breaking, especially given the age and mileage on the motor.

Yeah, watched them yank parts off the black gallardo and work all night trying to fix the orange one... looks like they got it back together for a good run... overheard a conversation that the black car burned up or broke a valve and blew that motor as well...

Your post is a complete lie.

My car is the black UGR Gallardo with the fully polished HRE comp wheels. There were no parts taken off my car period. We did change plugs (which on a gallardo requires some effort).

I went 232.8, got my 200mph t-shirt x 4 :) All 4 of my runs were over 200mph and I met all my goals. I spun on one of my runs to 11,000rpm+ and possibly burned a valve in my car. I have 2 children that I do not want to leave fatherless, so I decided to not risk any potential failure and shut my car down for the event. My car had a TON more in it. I look forward to the next Texas Mile, and we will learn from this experience and come back more prepared and better than ever. If you question my guts, then come out and try and beat me. I promise you will go home a loser :)

Kyle (Orange UGR TT Gallardo) went 241.6. Sit back and think about that for a minute....first time EVER at the mile, and Kyle and UGR came within 5mph of the overall record! That is unbelievable! Congrats to Kyle for driving an amazing run, and to Kevin, KC, Carl, Matt, Claudio, and the rest of the UGR team for building the fastest lamborghini on earth!

I have seen quite a few negative comments. To everyone with a negative comment: It takes a GREAT amount of preparation, engineering, experience, and flat out guts to go where no one has gone before. Please keep your negative comments to yourself. I am an amateur driver and the father of 2 children. I put a lot on the line to run my car faster than anyone in a Lamborghini Gallardo before (My 233mph run Friday was the fastest at the time for a Gallardo at an official event...). Kyle (Orange UGR TT) and Grant (Yellow UGR TT) did the same.

We had a BLAST, and every race team at the event was impressed at what UGR and its owners did. All 3 owners of the cars drove their own cars! No pro drivers etc. That to me is impressive. I have the most respect for Grant and Kyle, and I'm sure we will be lifelong friends.

I encourage everyone to come out to participate in this event, its the most fun I have ever had in a car! Vbox bench racing is lame. Put up, or shutup bench racers. :)

Jonah

p.s.

I think its hilarious that the only lambo-power stickers were on a glorified beetle, and a toyota :)

I appreciate your comments and perspective Jonah. Your motor may have been hurt, but shit happens at high power levels. Everyone knows this.

What I really appreciate is the fact that you personally recognize that these are real people with lives, and for a long time there's been a lot of shit talking about people being pussies for not trying to build some 6 second car and kill themselves just to impress some bench racing dipshits that own nothing and race less on various websites. This is why my car will stay where it is. You know that this goes both ways. It's unfortunate because every time it gets turned around it becomes a big controversy. You seem like a reasonable dude and I hope guys that do not have anything on the line take some heed to your words choose to shut their mouths in the future. I'm not holding my breath though.

Schadenfreude regarding people doing dangerous things in cars is risky because someday it could happen to you.

My car is the black UGR Gallardo with the fully polished HRE comp wheels. There were no parts taken off my car period. We did change plugs (which on a gallardo requires some effort).

I went 232.8, got my 200mph t-shirt x 4 :) All 4 of my runs were over 200mph and I met all my goals. I spun on one of my runs to 11,000rpm+ and possibly burned a valve in my car. I have 2 children that I do not want to leave fatherless, so I decided to not risk any potential failure and shut my car down for the event. My car had a TON more in it. I look forward to the next Texas Mile, and we will learn from this experience and come back more prepared and better than ever. If you question my guts, then come out and try and beat me. I promise you will go home a loser :)

Kyle (Orange UGR TT Gallardo) went 241.6. Sit back and think about that for a minute....first time EVER at the mile, and Kyle and UGR came within 5mph of the overall record! That is unbelievable! Congrats to Kyle for driving an amazing run, and to Kevin, KC, Carl, Matt, Claudio, and the rest of the UGR team for building the fastest lamborghini on earth!

I have seen quite a few negative comments. To everyone with a negative comment: It takes a GREAT amount of preparation, engineering, experience, and flat out guts to go where no one has gone before. Please keep your negative comments to yourself. I am an amateur driver and the father of 2 children. I put a lot on the line to run my car faster than anyone in a Lamborghini Gallardo before (My 233mph run Friday was the fastest at the time for a Gallardo at an official event...). Kyle (Orange UGR TT) and Grant (Yellow UGR TT) did the same.

We had a BLAST, and every race team at the event was impressed at what UGR and its owners did. All 3 owners of the cars drove their own cars! No pro drivers etc. That to me is impressive. I have the most respect for Grant and Kyle, and I'm sure we will be lifelong friends.

I encourage everyone to come out to participate in this event, its the most fun I have ever had in a car! Vbox bench racing is lame. Put up, or shutup bench racers. :)

Jonah

p.s.

I think its hilarious that the only lambo-power stickers were on a glorified beetle, and a toyota :)

Congratulations on your efforts. Your results and those of UGR were extremely impressive and you all deserve a thumbs up.

As for negative comments...I haven't seen very many negative comments at all regarding the Texas Mile or any of its participants on this thread. Maybe you've seen those negative comments on another forum. In general, the tone of this thread has been very positive.

As you've pointed out, at the end of the day the most important thing is that you are able to go home and see your kids. Everything else is secondary to that, in my opinion.

11K RPM?!! Holy Smokes!

yeah, the biggest problem with my car is the seating position. I'm 6'2" with a long torso, so just sitting in a stock Gallardo is tight to say the least. Once we added the 6point rollcage, and I put on a helmet...I basically had to move the seat fully forward, then tilt it back in the "low rider" position. My chin was on my chest and my knees constantly hit the dash. It was VERY difficult to modulate the throttle in this terrible seating position. I will have a custom race seat next time which should help greatly! Plus I was running Michelin PS2s, so traction was VERY limited at high boost :) My only disappointment was that I couldn't compete with Kyle the entire weekend for top overall Lamborghini :)

I learned a LOT, and I will be back in March for more fun and hopefully some faster speeds!

Jonah

This has been fun thread to watch must have been tons more fun at the actual race track. Congraz for the drivers with crazy numbers too!

yeah, the biggest problem with my car is the seating position. I'm 6'2" with a long torso, so just sitting in a stock Gallardo is tight to say the least. Once we added the 6point rollcage, and I put on a helmet...I basically had to move the seat fully forward, then tilt it back in the "low rider" position. My chin was on my chest and my knees constantly hit the dash. It was VERY difficult to modulate the throttle in this terrible seating position. I will have a custom race seat next time which should help greatly! Plus I was running Michelin PS2s, so traction was VERY limited at high boost :) My only disappointment was that I couldn't compete with Kyle the entire weekend for top overall Lamborghini :)

I learned a LOT, and I will be back in March for more fun and hopefully some faster speeds!

Jonah

Geeze! Doesn't sound comfortable at all.

To be honest you and UGR should be proud of all your efforts, you guys definitely put Lamborghini on the map for the Texas Mile. I'm pleased this thread didn't turn into a bashing thread. The amount of negative comments have been few and far between, and those posting them highlight their feelings and ideals and not the boards.

On a side note, you are exactly right about trying to appease the bench-racers. There is no need to please anyone but yourself and your personal limits. That's what it's all about. So keep up the good work and thanks for putting forth the effort to make such great results!

a ton of respect to the tuners and drivers..

im curious of one thing

do you guys think you would have been able to beat the record if you were RWD ?

also, do you plan on plus-sizing the rear tires next time around ? say... a 325/30 ???

Jonah

p.s.

Jonah,

Congrats on your runs! The UGR cars showed very well from what we have heard from the event. Fastest Lamborghinis in the mile is nothing to sneeze at. Regarding the negative comments, I believe that the LP crowd has had nothing to say but good things regarding how well UGR came out and performed. There were some inaccuracies that have now been cleared up, which tend to happen when no other attendees other than Joe Dirt, and VRALEXANDER were in attendance, and from what I can tell neither of them were saying anything wrong about what took place. I was actually happy that people put aside all of the banter back and forth between camps on LP, and were actually cheering you guys on INCLUDING ALLAN!

With regards to my comments, I said that your car is not a 200mph car, it is much faster! Which you later proved to be true! Again congrats on that. Honestly, I am happy that there was the only 1 camp that performed with the TT Gallardo platform as it puts aside the banter, and all camps attempting to outperform the other, and allows people to go to these events for the purpose of having a good time, and putting up big numbers. When all 3 camps are there, it turns into "How do I get this on film to make my shop look good?"

Again congrats to you and UGR for putting up huge numbers!

This was my first time to the mile, and it was awesome! The Supras were wicked. What about that VW that did 208?!!!! Thumbs up. How bad was Grant's car damaged? I saw the fire and it did not look pretty. I'm glad he's safe and the driver of that '67 truck that rolled is safe too. Performance always comes at a price, and as long as we keep it fun, the price is right. My client ran his Gallardo and pulled a 179 on stock trim with only software. That is pretty damn fast for a production car. I can't wait till the next mile. I think the Evolution Motorsports guys are going to have some interesting competition for the TTG's and hopefully there'll be some TT Murcies too next time.

Jonah

p.s.

Hmmm negative comments? Where? Lambopower stickers on a glorified Beetle? LOL

If you want to get into the NEGATIVE comments.. they were the comments I recieved In regards to the facts being that all the cars had issues... Several broke including yours, and that Kyles didnt have a gear change but other issues...Even a UGR member almost getting into a fight... Are they true? Maybe they are, maybe they arent... Its funny at some point many of us found ourselves pulling for you guys, including myself... Quickly reminded as to why that was a waste of time...

Fact remains... as I have said before if you wanna set records you gotta pay to play.. Your motor is toast....If that is what you are after, thats great but as youve all well shown the only one who benefits is UGR as your car will spend far more time there then with you. And Id like to know if the UGR warranty covers burned Gallardos.....

toasty.jpg

On a side note.. I found Joedirts car most impressive. Drove in...drove the shit out of the car repeatedly... and drove home... No tinkering.. no drama... no bullshit...

Hmmm negative comments? Where? Lambopower stickers on a glorified Beetle? LOL

If you want to get into the NEGATIVE comments.. they were the comments I recieved In regards to the facts being that all the cars had issues... Several broke including yours, and that Kyles didnt have a gear change but other issues...Even a UGR member almost getting into a fight... Are they true? Maybe they are, maybe they arent... Its funny at some point many of us found ourselves pulling for you guys, including myself... Quickly reminded as to why that was a waste of time...

Fact remains... as I have said before if you wanna set records you gotta pay to play.. Your motor is toast....If that is what you are after, thats great but as youve all well shown the only one who benefits is UGR as your car will spend far more time there then with you. And Id like to know if the UGR warranty covers burned Gallardos.....

holy crap thats a crazy pic

:iamwithstupid:

I want to know what camera took that! I believe that was still a 200mph+ run, so that was some quick/good photography!

On a side note.. I found Joedirts car most impressive. Drove in...drove the shit out of the car repeatedly... and drove home... No tinkering.. no drama... no bullshit...

Thanks for the compliments.

I'll set the record straight on this one.......

I did my 226.200 mph run Sunday morning. All through the weekend I was noticing my front rotors were cracking badly (they have over 30 Mile runs on them) and the 226.2 run put them where I said I was done, so I can drive home and replace them. I told the roll on race guys I would not run at lunchtime. Well, I saw the first race and said I can't back down, if the rotors fail they fail but I am going to run. I roll up to the start line and they tell me to suit up and run. I was matched up with a 1000hp KR Mustang. He did a big 'ol burnout for the camera. So I setup for my burnout rev it to 5500 rpm and drop the clutch (I did 10 just like this previous to this one in the previous days). Well, the driver side half shaft decided to let go. Day was over.

I'm just glad it popped when it did instead of down the track.

I would loved to come home with a perfect car but such is life. I have ZERO regrets and can look at my car and say she brought me home safely every time. After my car broke I went back to my pits and hugged my wife and kids. Life is good.

im late finding this thread.. but wtf happen to that yellow G? looks like a motor is fried!!