Scott Rothstein

FLHOMESITE

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man this is brilliant, I got no feeling for the car dealer that got taken, old fool got parted with his money...funny.. :icon_butt:

Ed and Carol Morse -- who were family friends with Rothstein -- sued Boca Raton decorator Jan Jones in 2006 claiming he botched their job. Rothstein told the Morses earlier this year that they had won the breach-of-contract case and that the decorator owed them $23 million, sources said.

It wasn't true. In fact, the Morses lost the case.

Rothstein also produced purported federal court orders signed by a judge, saying the Morses could claim the judgment by seizing a Cayman Islands bank account belonging to the decorator, sources said.

There were no such court orders, nor any fat bank account, court records show.

To confiscate the money, the Fort Lauderdale lawyer allegedly told the Morses they had to post a bond 2 ½ times larger than the judgment, or $57 million, the sources said. The large amount was required as a guarantee in case bank officials confiscated the judgment from the wrong account, Rothstein told them.

So the couple wired the $57 million to Rothstein in installments earlier this year, the sources said. It is not clear whether Rothstein paid any of that money back.

So if I am reading this right, the Morses gave this guy more than twice the amount of money they were supposed to get...!? That they believed in order to get the $23 million, they had to pay $57 million!?

So if I am reading this right, the Morses gave this guy more than twice the amount of money they were supposed to get...!? That they believed in order to get the $23 million, they had to pay $57 million!?

YES

What I see here is people driven by blind greed (to collect fictitious judgment) are getting consumed by someone more greedy then them, fcuk them, they had it coming.... I hope they are broke right now..

Reminds me the sweepstakes schemes when people are driven by greed to the brink of bankruptcy.... old people trying to collect millions they "won" or "inherited".... like I said, I don't have an ounce of empathy to those old fools

Man this is brilliant, I got no feeling for the car dealer that got taken, old fool got parted with his money...funny.. :icon_butt:

Ed and Carol Morse -- who were family friends with Rothstein -- sued Boca Raton decorator Jan Jones in 2006 claiming he botched their job. Rothstein told the Morses earlier this year that they had won the breach-of-contract case and that the decorator owed them $23 million, sources said.

It wasn't true. In fact, the Morses lost the case.

Rothstein also produced purported federal court orders signed by a judge, saying the Morses could claim the judgment by seizing a Cayman Islands bank account belonging to the decorator, sources said.

There were no such court orders, nor any fat bank account, court records show.

To confiscate the money, the Fort Lauderdale lawyer allegedly told the Morses they had to post a bond 2 ½ times larger than the judgment, or $57 million, the sources said. The large amount was required as a guarantee in case bank officials confiscated the judgment from the wrong account, Rothstein told them.

So the couple wired the $57 million to Rothstein in installments earlier this year, the sources said. It is not clear whether Rothstein paid any of that money back.

Ed Morse should be jailed for stupidity. What kind of IQ did this man have ? Reading about how stupid Rothsteins investors were, if I were the judge assigned to this case , I would let Rothstein keep the money and sentence all his investors to life. Stupid people deserve to be parted from their money and live in card board boxes.

Ed Morse should be jailed for stupidity. What kind of IQ did this man have ? Reading about how stupid Rothsteins investors were, if I were the judge assigned to this case , I would let Rothstein keep the money and sentence all his investors to life. Stupid people deserve to be parted from their money and live in card board boxes.

:iamwithstupid:

What kind of a idiot thinks they deserve 21 mill when they are initailly fighting over 2......Morse does not desrve to see any of his 57 mil back.

Why would anyone pay $57 million to get $23 million though, that does not make sense, I mean you are going to take a huge loss, unless I am missing something here and they thought they'd get the $57 million back...? Or else these people have to have been stupid beyond stupid.

That's like the infamous stereotypical "guru" technique of: "In order for me to teach you how to make $1 million, I'll need $5 million" :)

Ed Morse should be jailed for stupidity. What kind of IQ did this man have ?

Maybe a quarter of what his father had. The article mentioned he inherited the biz; daddy would be rolling in his grave to hear that his son/daughter in law got skinned on a advance fee scam, ie the Nigerian letter.

Future scammers take notes(on madoff, rothstein, and so many others) and wait for the next bubble, when it will once again become extra easy to part people from their $$$.

Pretty easy to spend that kind of cash on cars when it ain't yours! I still don't get it though, people were writing him 7-8 figure checks for him to invest on their behalf? F#%king dumb, I would be asking some major questions as soon as I noticed this douche had 2 Veyrons in the driveway.

The guy was a co-founder/partner in the biggest law firm in south florida, was a co-owner of some of the most popular restaurants and bars in south florida, and had 70 lawyers working under him. He could have easily bought 2 Veyrons without the ponzi scheming. Greed will kill anyone. :icon_thumleft:

What kind of a idiot thinks they deserve 21 mill when they are initailly fighting over 2

Evidently this guy and others, from a vast personal experience I can tell you that the combination of large personal wealth, greed and stupidity on the client behalf and a sharp thinking lawyer without moral boundaries are the ingredients for that exact same situation.... Lawyers bilk billions of dollars from their own clients with promises to get them a fortune from breach of contract law suits against contractors of all kind..

Then they lose in court and are out of pocket Ten fold of what they were initially "injured" by the contractor...

Now listen to this, I will not be surprised if the "Home Decorator" was in it together with Rothstein !! :icon_mrgreen: He had Rothstein sue him once he realized how much lose change that Morse has... :lol2:

Evidently this guy and others, from a vast personal experience I can tell you that the combination of large personal wealth, greed and stupidity on the client behalf and a sharp thinking lawyer without moral boundaries are the ingredients for that exact same situation.... Lawyers bilk billions of dollars from their own clients with promises to get them a fortune from breach of contract law suits against contractors of all kind..

Then they lose in court and are out of pocket Ten fold of what they were initially "injured" by the contractor...

Now listen to this, I will not be surprised if the "Home Decorator" was in it together with Rothstein !! :icon_mrgreen: He had Rothstein sue him once he realized how much lose change that Morse has... :lol2:

i wouldnt be surprised if this really happened. and Mr Morse is a well known business man in this area (big target)

The guy was a co-founder/partner in the biggest law firm in south florida,

WTF? The "biggest" law firm in Sfl? Do a little research on that one Mikey.

Guest SP-superJay

so i guess the phrase "the rich keep getting richer" isnt always true...that is a whole lot of money, and why are we in a recession?!?!

WTF? The "biggest" law firm in Sfl? Do a little research on that one Mikey.

ok 4th largest. Still can easily afford a couple veyrons with what he had going on. That was the point I was trying to make.

You coming out on Saturday?

I don't think he had 70 in SoFL did he? I thought that was among all the firms. Even if he did, I think that there is an international firm down there with more than that, I can not remember the name though. Nevermind, it is Holland and Knight.

Greenberg traurig has the biggest in south Florida with almost 1500 attorneys. 9th largest firm in the united states.

ok 4th largest.

No where near it. Don't believe the hyped up bullshit you read. THERE ARE PLENTY OF BIGGER FIRMS IN SFL. RRA wouldn't even make it into the top 20.

Here's the fcuking scumbag right after he came back from morocco...

I was told today that the Secret Service met him (along with some others) in morocco and let him know that he had to come back...

Here's the fcuking scumbag right after he came back from morocco...

I was told today that the Secret Service met him (along with some others) in morocco and let him know that he had to come back...

Just curious, why the hardon for this guy? Did he fcuk you or your family out of money?