Scott Rothstein

FLHOMESITE

Looks like Rothstein's wifes attorney is The Carcierge from F-chat! What a small, small world.

And he was defending Rothstein on the F-chat boards when this first broke, and he shut up after

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like Rothstein's wifes attorney is The Carcierge from F-chat! What a small, small world.

Really? I met that guy a while back at a local meet. He was driving a Miura.

I like the "local romps through quiet boca raton" in the article. So, you leave your precious car with them and they take it out and exercise it. We have a company here that does that. They don't tell you they drive it though, fine print in the contract. Guy I know left his 300 mile 575 Super America there and a year later the car had just shy of 1k miles. That did not go over well.

I was wondering about that, especially how Pikemike said he showed up in a miura but the article says he just owns a civic hybrid. So he basically just stores peoples cars and drives them around like his own. Who would be stupid enough to leave that shit with him!?!

• 1 month later...
I was wondering about that, especially how Pikemike said he showed up in a miura but the article says he just owns a civic hybrid. So he basically just stores peoples cars and drives them around like his own. Who would be stupid enough to leave that shit with him!?!

I may be way off as I am not sure exactly how his business works, but as far as I know, rich guys pay him to store their cars when they are not using them. He drives them around every now and then to ensure the engine doesn't sit too long. There are thousands of wealthy people that live outside of Florida and own a winter home here, so I guess there is a market for it.

Also as far as I was told, the Miura S we are talking about caught on fire at some point too.

• 3 weeks later...

What a small world indeed!

I don't know if there's any negative consequences for representing a guy like Rothstein. Scottie S. is a friend, super enthusiast and all around good guy.

I like the "local romps through quiet boca raton" in the article. So, you leave your precious car with them and they take it out and exercise it. We have a company here that does that. They don't tell you they drive it though, fine print in the contract. Guy I know left his 300 mile 575 Super America there and a year later the car had just shy of 1k miles. That did not go over well.

That's about 60 miles a month. Some might say that's not enough!

Man, has the exotic car world become all about preserving a car under 1k mileage for the sake of resale value???

Mechanically speaking, a 500 mile car that's anything older than a year or so is usually worse than one with say 4,000 miles. But somehow we punish the owners resale value....f'd up.

If you want a good deal on a 288 GTO, buy one with 3-4k miles instead of 1k. Will save you $100k, lolol.

What a small world indeed!

I don't know if there's any negative consequences for representing a guy like Rothstein. Scottie S. is a friend, super enthusiast and all around good guy.

Scotty seemed really cool when I met him a couple years ago. He came to one of the first south Florida toys events we put together.

Scotty seemed really cool when I met him a couple years ago. He came to one of the first south Florida toys events we put together.

which event was it? and what was he driving?

• 4 weeks later...
Soon to be " ROTHSTEIN KILLED BY ITALIAN MOB FOR BEING A RAT"...... ahhh almost like a fairy tale ending

Yep... I can't imagine the slimeball is going to last long in prison now. They'll find him no matter where he is! :lol2:

I thought information like this was confidential, how can this get out?

One would think so, but he fucked over and pissed off a lot of powerful people... It could have been leaked for a reason. ;)

I thought information like this was confidential, how can this get out?

There's certainly limitations on this sort of confidentiality.

I believe once it goes to trial it will come out, esp. if he has to be a witness.

The mob has got people inside the prison too no doubt. Hes dead the first second he hits the general population in there. Assuming they dont find a way to get to him before the boss goes on trial! I cant imagine youd want 100 years in solitary confinement!

they said he now goes into witness protection. expected sentence to be 40 years but if he cooperates and makes cases for the gov't, he may get out in 15years.

• 1 month later...

Rothstein exotic car, yacht auction June 3

Treasury - Luxury Vehicle & Vessel Auction

LUXURY VEHICLE / VESSEL SPECIALTY AUCTION

(Chicago, IL) VSE Corporation and Rick Levin & Associates, Inc. will conduct a Specialty Auction of seized and forfeited luxury vehicles and vessels formerly owned by Scott Rothstein and others.

The auction will be conducted on behalf of the U.S. Department of the Treasury at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 3, 2010 at Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 33316.

Most of these luxury vehicles and vessels for auction were property acquired by Rothstein through his involvement in a ponzi scheme. This property was seized from him as part of the investigation and prosecution of the case against him. Scott Rothstein entered a guilty plea in January 2010 and faces up 100 years in prison at his May 6 sentencing.

The auction will include the following vehicles and vessels:

Vehicles:

2008 Bugatti Veyron

2009 Bentley Continental GTC

2007 Rolls – Royce Phantom

2009 Ferrari 430 Spyder

1967 POS Convertible

2007 Ford Expedition Limo

2008 Cadillac Escalade

2008 Mercedes - Benz SLR

2009 Maserati GT

2010 Lamborghini LP-670SV