F458 Roadtest

dtrax

Are they 'offering' obligatory driving courses? People really need to know how to drive this car if they don't want to crash it.

I can't imagine this is the successor of the F430, it's a totally different car (100x times as fast and dangerous).

Are they 'offering' obligatory driving courses? People really need to know how to drive this car if they don't want to crash it.

I can't imagine this is the successor of the F430, it's a totally different car (100x times as fast and dangerous).

I doubt it's any more dangerous than any other supercar.

The cars cool, but DAMN....those roads! I need to move to back to Europe.

I like the 458, looks even better in real world surroundings, but I'm even more anxious to see the MP4-12C.

I like the 458, looks even better in real world surroundings, but I'm even more anxious to see the MP4-12C.

+1!

I am glad that Chris did the car justice though...great roadtest by evo :icon_thumleft:

EVO has the best roadtests, photos, write-ups of any magazine I've seen. I don't particularly like the looks of the 458 nor do I care for the DSG-only gearbox, but it is cool.

gonna be a crazy driver, but for sure they need to teach the drivers how to handle all that power in a very light rear wheel drive

I doubt it's any more dangerous than any other supercar.

Not a supercar. It's an entry level exotic. In 10 years they will be selling for 75k, just like Modenas are now. Except they will be less desirable than 360s since they will produce more 458s than any other Ferrari to date.

That said it's a spiffy looking way to waste one's money.

Not a supercar. It's an entry level exotic. In 10 years they will be selling for 75k, just like Modenas are now. Except they will be less desirable than 360s since they will produce more 458s than any other Ferrari to date.

That said it's a spiffy looking way to waste one's money.

So why isn't it one? Because they will build to many or because it will only cost $300K? I don't get your definition. It's an entry level exotic that cost as much as just about any car on the market today, and is probably going to be better than all of them.

So why isn't it one? Because they will build to many or because it will only cost $300K? I don't get your definition. It's an entry level exotic that cost as much as just about any car on the market today, and is probably going to be better than all of them.

We've covered that discussion before. The general consensus is that it had to do with price point, limited production, desirability, performance. If this is a supercar then according to you the 360 must be a hypercar because it had fewer numbers. Cmon man...

We've covered that discussion before. The general consensus is that it had to do with price point, limited production, desirability, performance. If this is a supercar then according to you the 360 must be a hypercar because it had fewer numbers. Cmon man...

Do you consider Gallardo a supercar?

Well, the only factor that lets it down according to that list is the production figure. Over here, at least, it's the same price that the original Murcielago was, and it's bound to be a hell of a lot faster.

A supercar is limited production. I don't even use the word hyper car. Supercars are McLaren F1s, Zondas, Veyrons, Koenigegseggs, SLR, CGT, Gumpert even. They have to limited production, no compromise (read high price), limited practicality cars. 430s, 599s even, Gallardos, don't fall into this category. Murci, that's up for debate. But when I think supercar, I think extreme.

Do you consider Gallardo a supercar?

I consider it an EXOTIC car, not a Super Car.

A Super Car IMO is something they make less of 500 examples of, and performs better than just about anything in any circumstance-Quarter Mile, Around a Track, Braking, Accelerationn, Top Speed, Comfort, etc.

Amazing tech, Ferrari moves the bar higher yet again.

It still looks absolutely horrible however, truly beyond hideous. It actually makes the F430 look GOOD.

I love it. Looks sic, sounds nuts. Will be my next exotic.

BTW, I do have a tad bit of inside info, they will not be making as many as thought.

I love it. Looks sic, sounds nuts. Will be my next exotic.

BTW, I do have a tad bit of inside info, they will not be making as many as thought.

Ferrari's President of NA Operations has said many times over the years with a wink and a smile that the factory "makes exactly three cars fewer than the market demands".

There is less demand for $200k+ exotics worldwide, hence the lower production info you received. Regardless, even if production was lowered by 50% versus the F430, there will still be well over 10,000 F458s running around worldwide by the time the model's run is over.

I dont care how fast it is it looks like crap, the only good angle is a straight profile.

Now I am the definitive F-Car Basher (definitely a majority here....)..... but this is the first Ferrari in 40 years that I'd actually say YES to in no time flat!! What blew me away was the balance and precision of the driving, both with and w/o the electronic assists. The 499 has also been a very descent car for it's class, but the 458 takes the cake. I wouldn't consider it "Supercar" class or category, but definitely Ferrari's new hyper-sports car. I'm still more in for the McClaren, but they definitely have their work cut out for them!

As for the production numbers, Ferrari's, especially 430's, are seen driving around almost as much as I see P-Cars! It will still be exotic, make a statement, and now backed up with some serious performance it seems. That's one up (and a few more...) on my Rossion, where there are only 48 hand made per year. :icon_thumleft:

After seeing those vids, I tempted to jump into my Q1 right now, underwear and all, and throw it around on the late empty streets of Miami..... Miami Vice style! :eek3dance:

I needs to be fast you can only look at it for so long before you barf your dinner .

It is ugly!

It is a Ferrari!

It's design is confused!

It is not exciting!

just because the rival of my favorite soccer team got a new set of shirts and new undies will not make me support them!

I am patiently waiting for the new SL with a Super Trofeo kit please :icon_mrgreen: that will do me!