Breaking- Active shooter at Fort Hood Texas

Roman

Let's assume I'm totally clueless about how a military base operates. Are there NOT many people with GUNS on a MILITARY base? Or, at the very least, ACCESS to guns in a hurry? Do they not have armed security to protect from terrorists, foreign attack, disgruntled ex-mil, political statement attacks, and so on? I don't understand how this guy got to so many people.

Oh, and let me guess, civilians are not allowed to carry on military bases? :eusa_doh:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First there was up to 3 shooters with one dead . Then there was one dead shooter. Now the 'dead' shooter is alive. Something doesn't smell right.

Thats fairly typical in these events..... The first reports are ALWAYS wrong, because theyre being given by EYEWITNESSES, who among other things, NEED TO PUT CLEAN PANTS ON (and Im not fcuking joking about that). So getting details correct is way don on their list of shit to do.

Let's assume I'm totally clueless about how a military base operates. Are there NOT many people with GUNS on a MILITARY base? Or, at the very least, ACCESS to guns in a hurry? Do they not have armed security to protect from terrorists, foreign attack, disgruntled ex-mil, political statement attacks, and so on? I don't understand how this guy got to so many people.

Oh, and let me guess, civilians are not allowed to carry on military bases? :eusa_doh:

Soldiers dont walk around bases armed.... There are ARMORYS where ARMORERS keep the weapons and check them out like library books, and even then, the magazines are separate from the guns until youre ready to shoot (if youre going to a range or such).... Around the base buildings (as opposed to out in the boonys of the base where live fire goes on) armed soldiers are fairly rare.... MPs (who have guns) patrol the GATES.... Again, usually separate from the main buildings of a base....

Correct, civilians are not allowed to carry on Military bases, and active duty do not walk around armed either. There is always perimeter and internal security (sometimes MP's, sometimes contracted Security firms such as Chenega), and many bases also have their own police force. If a shooting breaks out, it is not very easy for anyone besides armed security and police to bring firepower to the scene.

Heard about this minutes after it happened on the Army's email alert system. RIP to those who were taken down by this scum. :(

OK, all this is well and good. But I still don't see how this guy could go on this shooting rampage for THAT LONG in a place full of combat-trained persons with access to firearms. This wasn't a daycare center (heaven forbid!) I just think the military needs to rethink their security procedures if it's that easy to do this. Sad day.

Guest skokos
First there was up to 3 shooters with one dead . Then there was one dead shooter. Now the 'dead' shooter is alive. Something doesn't smell right.

Theres conspiracy theorist saying that this,like 9-11 was a inside job orchestrated by the Obama administration to gain support for Obama to send more troops over sees to Afghanistan.

OK, all this is well and good. But I still don't see how this guy could go on this shooting rampage for THAT LONG in a place full of combat-trained persons with access to firearms. This wasn't a daycare center (heaven forbid!) I just think the military needs to rethink their security procedures if it's that easy to do this. Sad day.

A military base is the same as any other community or location. There are cops, and generally those cops are the only people with guns.

Deployed? Different story!

But you can't carry on a military base and generally even having a gun on base housing isn't allowed (have to check it in with the MP/SF). So this guy opens up on a room. The female MP troop who shot him (and was shot in return) is alive! Sadly so is the douche. Hope he gets a quick and concise punishment.

And I am happy to report my buddy who works in the S1 shop right next to where this happened is safe!

Im losing count on how many times this week Ive had a "Stop the world, I want off" moment but here's todays......

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1704...9770&ref=mf

Praying for the recovery of Dr. Nidal Malik Hasan

Category:

Common Interest - Beliefs & Causes

Description:

Together we pray for the recovery of Dr. Nidal Malik Hasan, MD. May Allah see fit to return this loyal son of Islam back to perfect health. Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam.

Privacy Type:

Open: All content is public.

He

stood up for what he beleived in to the point of picking up the gun and

doing what it took as a individual that most wouldn't of because of his

beleifs. Yes killing is bad I agree but being forced to do somethnig

you don't want to do and being the minority standing up to the majority

is respectable no matter who you are.

I read in the news over here that he didn't want to go to Iraq, so he went berserk instead.

R.I.P to the victims.

Im losing count on how many times this week Ive had a "Stop the world, I want off" moment but here's todays......

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1704...9770&ref=mf

Beautiful irony, does not want to go to a war zone overseas so... create one at home.

So are they saying his only problem was travelling?

RIP to the victims.

Theres conspiracy theorist saying that this,like 9-11 was a inside job orchestrated by the Obama administration to gain support for Obama to send more troops over sees to Afghanistan.

Yeah well conspiracy theorists can go suck smegma riddled donkey dick because that "theory" does not work out - they are just Obama bashing.

This guy seems to be a pretty extroverted muslim and has been tied to websites defending suicide bombers and such. Why wouldnt they just throw him out of the military as soon as something like this happens???

And whoevers facebook page that is I hope catches a hot one to the head asap...

Uh.... Yeah..... Thats gay.

OK, all this is well and good. But I still don't see how this guy could go on this shooting rampage for THAT LONG in a place full of combat-trained persons with access to firearms.

The only folks in the room with a firearm besides the shooter would be Military Police, if there were none, then you are royally fucked. I don't know if the young MP was in the room when it popped off, or down the hallway, or around the corner at the Shoppette.

If you were a young MP chilling on a military base in America, it would probably take you a few seconds to get your bearings after:

1. You realize this is the real thing after that person next to you falls down with a gun shot wound.

2. You get past your initial shock and flip to adrenaline.

So, since the cunt did not die, and he's under the UCMJ I wonder how efficiently justice will be served. The interrogation should be colorful as well.

They said some of the wounded were likely because of friendly fire due to the confusion of people in uniform all shooting. Hopefully Obama doesnt step in and demand that they treat this guy fairly and not torture him. I say its time to break the water board out!

Im wondering if he can be tried by the state of Texas? Im fairly certain they can try him for shooting the police officer.... But I dont know if they can prosecute him for murdering fellow soldiers on base?

Any experts on the UCMJ?

THey should set him free.

THen shoot him dead for trying to escape. That is if he's still alive. I"m not clear on that point yet.

So this, and now a second shooting, this time in Orlando, FL!

EDIT: Whoops, see this was posted in a different thread, still crazy though.

Im wondering if he can be tried by the state of Texas? Im fairly certain they can try him for shooting the police officer.... But I dont know if they can prosecute him for murdering fellow soldiers on base?

Any experts on the UCMJ?

I was involved with a number of these types of cases with the military, and being that they occurred on a military base with exclusive federal jurisdiction, they were always prosecuted under the confines of the UCMJ and not by the respective states.

I was involved with a number of these types of cases with the military, and being that they occurred on a military base with exclusive federal jurisdiction, they were always prosecuted under the confines of the UCMJ and not by the respective states.

Thats what I was wondering.... because you know if TEXAS had a swing of the bat, this guy would be visiting one of your colleagues before the decade was up.