Woman Passes Driver's Exam on 950th Try

porter

SEOUL, South Korea – A woman in South Korea who tried to pass the written exam for a driver's license with near-daily attempts since April 2005 has finally succeeded on her 950th time. The aspiring driver spent more than 5 million won ($4,200) in application fees, but until now had failed to score the minimum 60 out of a possible 100 points needed to get behind the wheel for a driving test.

Cha Sa-soon, 68, finally passed the written exam with a score of 60 on Wednesday, said Choi Young-chul, a police official at the drivers' license agency in Jeonju, 130 miles (210 kilometers) south of Seoul.

Police said Cha took the test hundreds of times, but had no specific total. Local media said she took the test 950 times.

Now she must pass a driving test before getting her license, Choi said.

Repeated calls to Cha seeking comment went unanswered. She told the Korea Times newspaper she needed the license for her vegetable-selling business.

capt_3b767d6a73f542ac9d0099a2256f65bf_south_korea_aspiring_driver_sel801.jpg

68-year-old South Korean woman Cha Sa-soon shows her application form for a driver's license in Wanju, south of Seoul, South Korea, Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2009. Cha has passed the written exam required for a driver's license Wednesday after hundreds of failed attempts over the past four years, police said Friday.

Guest skokos
I knew she was asian before even opening the thread, YES I'm Asian too.

Asian driver= No survivors :lol2:

You would've thought that after about 500 attempts, she would recognise some of the questions, let alone after 949 tries. Insurance companies are gonna hate her

One can only hope after failing the written test 949 times that she doesn't have the aptitude to pass the driving test.

Asian driver= No survivors :lol2:

Your fav quote Rob:

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent..." ---Calvin Coolidge

My guess is she is illiterate and was just working the odds and will pass her driving test on the first try.

I knew she was asian before even opening the thread, YES I'm Asian too.

:lol2: :lol2:

SEOUL, South Korea – A woman in South Korea who tried to pass the written exam for a driver's license with near-daily attempts since April 2005 has finally succeeded on her 950th time. The aspiring driver spent more than 5 million won ($4,200) in application fees, but until now had failed to score the minimum 60 out of a possible 100 points needed to get behind the wheel for a driving test.

Cha Sa-soon, 68, finally passed the written exam with a score of 60 on Wednesday, said Choi Young-chul, a police official at the drivers' license agency in Jeonju, 130 miles (210 kilometers) south of Seoul.

Police said Cha took the test hundreds of times, but had no specific total. Local media said she took the test 950 times.

Now she must pass a driving test before getting her license, Choi said.

Repeated calls to Cha seeking comment went unanswered. She told the Korea Times newspaper she needed the license for her vegetable-selling business.

capt_3b767d6a73f542ac9d0099a2256f65bf_south_korea_aspiring_driver_sel801.jpg

68-year-old South Korean woman Cha Sa-soon shows her application form for a driver's license in Wanju, south of Seoul, South Korea, Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2009. Cha has passed the written exam required for a driver's license Wednesday after hundreds of failed attempts over the past four years, police said Friday.

• 9 months later...
Guest SP-superJay

From what I hear, S.Korea's license tests are very rigorous...which is why some Korean's are amazed when you know how to drive. Most of their population dont have their license. And I gotta give it up to the woman, she was very determined! Haha

This sort of thing happin all the time. Well, more often than you would think anyways. Wasn't there a woman on the Top Gear episode when they went to Vietnam that just got her licence? The test's must be difficult...

Guest SP-superJay
The test's must be difficult...

They need to start making it difficult here in the States...maybe we wouldnt have so many dumbasses on the road

mine was pretty damn hard..took me twice to pass..but i still got it.. :D

felt like crap the first time i failed because of some guy cutting me off..i cant imagine failing 959 times..LOL..