ASUS Lamborghini VX5

camaro97

The computer actually looks pretty cool, but I'm not feeling all this branded stuff and I don't even own one.

Asus makes horrible computers just like Acer. Both of these Taiwanese PC brands continue to make crap IMO. Dont be fooled by their slick design, they are very unreliable and aren't cheap either. They freeze and are slow.

When it comes to laptops, I stick with Toshiba, Lenovo and maybe even Dell.

Asus makes horrible computers just like Acer. Both of these Taiwanese PC brands continue to make crap IMO. Dont be fooled by their slick design, they are very unreliable and aren't cheap either. They freeze and are slow.

based on my experience, I must disagree. To this day I have the original version of the asus "lambo laptop". I have used it through 3 years of college, everyday, and not with programs like word, or powerpoint. I was using maya, max, alias, sketchbook, ps, ae, ai. I worked this computer like a dog, and it never gave me a bit of trouble. (not trying to start an argument, just thought I would offer my 2 cents.) I only stopped using it because I needed something more powerful, so I bought an alien :tyson:

My mac on the other hand, which I bought one week before I got the asus, total garbage. i will never buy mac again because of that pos.

based on my experience, I must disagree. To this day I have the original version of the asus "lambo laptop". I have used it through 3 years of college, everyday, and not with programs like word, or powerpoint. I was using maya, max, alias, sketchbook, ps, ae, ai. I worked this computer like a dog, and it never gave me a bit of trouble. (not trying to start an argument, just thought I would offer my 2 cents.) I only stopped using it because I needed something more powerful, so I bought an alien :tyson:

My mac on the other hand, which I bought one week before I got the asus, total garbage. i will never buy mac again because of that pos.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

Alienware FTW

I bought an Alienware desktop about five years ago, absolute pile of (very sexy) rubbish.

It ran surprisingly slowly right from the get-go; after about two years it suffered a major hardware failure and had to be shipped back to their headquarters. I seem to remember it being a bit of a hassle to do that, and customer service was a joke - incomprehensibly thick Irish accents with every phonecall, and it took about two months for them to get round to fixing it. By that time I'd had enough, I bought another computer and immediately sold the Alienware when it came back.

I bought an Alienware desktop about five years ago, absolute pile of (very sexy) rubbish.

It ran surprisingly slowly right from the get-go; after about two years it suffered a major hardware failure and had to be shipped back to their headquarters. I seem to remember it being a bit of a hassle to do that, and customer service was a joke - incomprehensibly thick Irish accents with every phonecall, and it took about two months for them to get round to fixing it. By that time I'd had enough, I bought another computer and immediately sold the Alienware when it came back.

hm, thats too bad. I guess each persons use for the computer is a huge testament to their opinion. I have an alien desktop and laptop for my "working machines" and 6 dell xps desktops that i use as a "render farm". and i love the setup. the alien is so fast while working, i am assuming because of the graphics cards, but when it comes time to render it is sooooo slow.

I saw the last Lamborghini laptop and I thought it was nice looking and it appeared to have excellent fit and finish. ASUS actually has a decent reputation worldwide so I don't see them as a low quality branding partner. The problem with the new one is that it's just too damn big and heavy. It looks like a brick and it's not on the leading edge of performance and features. I think if Lamborghini is going to co-brand, they have to look further ahead so the laptop not only looks good, but also has something to offer. It seems like they release these co-branded machines just as they become antiquated.

As for other brands, I've had horrible luck with Dell. Mine failed so often that by the time I got rid of it, there wasn't a single original component. My assistant also bought a Dell, bought the top-end service plan, hers failed too. It had to be replaced entirely after three tech visits. (I warned her.) It took a MONTH for them to get her a replacement! Never again will I even consider a Dell anything.

I've had terrific luck with Sony. I also now use a MacBook Pro and love it! I typically wear out a keyboard every six months, but the MacBook is the first to last a year and it's still going strong. I hated Vista which is why I switched. We're now moving everything to Apple.

Maybe im biased since one of my companies provides IT solutions, but i can say Asus Computers by far one of the best manufacturers we dealt with.

Quality is second to none, Asus issue used to be n customer & partner service but things got better during the years, and to be honest maybe because we built a market from scratch dominated by Acer,Dell,HP,Tosh.etc

To date Asus is the No .1 motherboard manufacturer in the world which means one in every three computers is powered by an Asus motherboard!

This is not hot air if you ask me.

i checked the new VX5 visually few days ago, well made and nice packaging along with Reventón inspired design.

my camera acted strange after few pics so only this worth posting (notice the story book)

vx51.jpg

www.Squaretrade.com study:

sqasus2.jpg