Don't Drink & Drive

Punished

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True....

So what happens then? Does he still have a right to ask me out of the car, etc?

Yes.... He can get you out of the car.... Conduct a FST, etc.... You just keep your yap shut... You have to tell him your name, and answer ID questions.... THATS IT!

Yes.... He can get you out of the car.... Conduct a FST, etc.... You just keep your yap shut... You have to tell him your name, and answer ID questions.... THATS IT!

just to clear this up - him refusing to blow, isn't that going against FST and auto suspension for a year in many states?

i agree about saying more than you need. if in trouble always keep your mouth closed until a lawyer comes.

just to clear this up - him refusing to blow, isn't that going against FST and auto suspension for a year in many states?

i agree about saying more than you need. if in trouble always keep your mouth closed until a lawyer comes.

blowing and talking are two different verbs.

I just saw this thread and figured i would put in my 2 cents.

I had a friend pass away in a car doing just this. He didnt know there was a small exhaust leak into the cabin and ended up passing away from CO poisoning. So do yourself a favor and just crack a window atleast or dont turn the car on and crack a window...

Oh and a bit off topic, but if you are on a boat anchored and intoxicated make sure you dont have the keys on you...I learned the hard way...same principle applies as the car running and you sleeping drunk :/

• 1 month later...

I got a call from my attorney yesterday....he says that he has good news & bad news.

The good news is that the DA agreed to a plea bargain down from a DWAI to an "unsafe speed". So no drunk driving conviction, no suspended license, etc! The unsafe speed I believe will carry 3 points and a fine.

The bad news is I have to put an ignition interlock on the car for 3 months, plus attend a 2 hour class sponsored by MADD. I really don't mind any of that, but if the interlock is set to detect the finest traces of alcohol versus let's say a 0.05 BAC, then it can be a bit of an inconvenience if I go out for dinner and have a glass of wine for instance. Will have to find out.

Nevertheless I'll take all of that, and appreciate the leniency here....as Rakjoe says I dodged a bullet and overall it worked out ok.

I learned my lesson well enough without them having to do any further punishment to me. They really were very reluctant to agree to this plea bargain despite the relatively benign circumstances (IMHO) surrounding this case.

Anyways, nice to get this off my chest before 2010. One of my resolutions besides the obvious, is to try and not get any stupid speeding tickets and moving violations for as long as possible.....have had way too many of those.

I'm off to take the train to my destination tonight....

Have a safe and healthy New Year!

:)

Do yourself a favor during the time your being monitored, don't drink if your driving. Hell use the pilots rule don't drink within 8 hours of operating your car. You already dodged a bullit,

The bad news is I have to put an ignition interlock on the car for 3 months, plus attend a 2 hour class sponsored by MADD. I really don't mind any of that, but if the interlock is set to detect the finest traces of alcohol versus let's say a 0.05 BAC, then it can be a bit of an inconvenience if I go out for dinner and have a glass of wine for instance.

I'm not sure if you put that bit about the wine in there to see if we are paying attention but I'll bite.....

Don't have the friggin wine then. They sell soft drinks, milk, juice, iced tea, coffee, water and all sort of other drinks at restaurants. In fact, I don't often order water but I'm willing to bet it's free.

I used to have a few beers, perhaps some wine etc when dining out. No harm, no foul, right?

Then I started questioning what was the 'limit'. Is it 2 beers, 3 beers?

I even researched it online and there was all this math. Body weight, did you eat, not eat, and on and on.

Then I realized, well, I like water a lot. I also like coffee a lot. Occasionally I enjoy iced tea.

But I really like coffee.

Guess what, I can have 4 or 5 coffee's and not be over the limit. I can have 20. No math to do, no body weight concerns, and I definitely don't lose my licence.

Get out of the habit and you will find you enjoy dinner just as much with a non alcoholic drink as you would have with a few beers.

Thus concludes the chimay52 public service announcement.

The bad news is I have to put an ignition interlock on the car for 3 months, plus attend a 2 hour class sponsored by MADD. I really don't mind any of that, but if the interlock is set to detect the finest traces of alcohol versus let's say a 0.05 BAC, then it can be a bit of an inconvenience if I go out for dinner and have a glass of wine for instance. Will have to find out.

Seriously? Honestly.... I mean this in the best possible fcuking way..... If you got offered this deal, and the thought of "not drinking for three months will really cramp my style" even occurred to you, I think you may have a bigger problem..

Honestly.... Seriously.... Most people in your situation would be saying "I promise.... I swear..... If I just get out of this.... I'll never drink again."

Don't worry, I gotzz a solution for you, start the car first and then booze it up from a McDonald cup while you drive to a bar with a valet service!!! They will start the car for you when you ready to fly home and off you go ! :icon_pidu:

Happy and safe new year ! :headbang:

Don't worry, I gotzz a solution for you, start the car first and then booze it up from a McDonald cup while you drive to a bar with a valet service!!! They will start the car for you when you ready to fly home and off you go ! :icon_pidu:

Happy and safe new year ! :headbang:

:lol2:

Damn, I played hockey with a guy who would probably have tried that after he lost his license!

Seriously? Honestly.... I mean this in the best possible fcuking way..... If you got offered this deal, and the thought of "not drinking for three months will really cramp my style" even occurred to you, I think you may have a bigger problem..

Honestly.... Seriously.... Most people in your situation would be saying "I promise.... I swear..... If I just get out of this.... I'll never drink again."

:iamwithstupid:

Don't drink and drive.

The only exception I make is if I am only a few blocks away from home at a restaurant and then I limit it to ONE (1) drink with dinner.

Just an FYI...I'm assuming there will be some type of monitoring/supervision while you have the interlock on...not sure if it will be a formal probation, but each time you blow into the interlock device, it will record the reading and it will be downloaded periodically (depending on how often they monitor it). If it detects any alcohol, it will record it. If you were on probation, and there was some alcohol detected, that would constitute a probation violation and the DA around here would file a motion to revoke your probation and impose whatever is left of any suspended jail time. Oh, and if it picks up any alcohol, its supposed to prevent your car from starting.

Dont freakin drink at all while you have that thing in your car. Make sure your plea is not some type of conditional plea contingent upon you satisfactorily completing the so-called "bad news" requirements, because if you are already trying to figure out how much you can drink and get away with via the interlock, you may not make it. I'm a little surprised that you are even thinking about drinking and driving again, much less while you have an interlock in your car.

but if the interlock is set to detect the finest traces of alcohol versus let's say a 0.05 BAC, then it can be a bit of an inconvenience if I go out for dinner and have a glass of wine for instance. Will have to find out.

Is that really a problem? Can't eat without a fcuking glass of wine??? Apparently you learned nothing!

I just hope like hell you don't kill someone the next time... And with a comment like that there will no doubt be a "next time".

Just an FYI...I'm assuming there will be some type of monitoring/supervision while you have the interlock on...not sure if it will be a formal probation, but each time you blow into the interlock device, it will record the reading and it will be downloaded periodically (depending on how often they monitor it). If it detects any alcohol, it will record it. If you were on probation, and there was some alcohol detected, that would constitute a probation violation and the DA around here would file a motion to revoke your probation and impose whatever is left of any suspended jail time. Oh, and if it picks up any alcohol, its supposed to prevent your car from starting.

Dont freakin drink at all while you have that thing in your car. Make sure your plea is not some type of conditional plea contingent upon you satisfactorily completing the so-called "bad news" requirements, because if you are already trying to figure out how much you can drink and get away with via the interlock, you may not make it. I'm a little surprised that you are even thinking about drinking and driving again, much less while you have an interlock in your car.

Relax guys, no one's D&Ding anymore!! :)

This post above speaketh the truth.....the data logging aspect is true and is probably scarier than anything imaginable!! It might be enough to force you to quit drinking altogether for 3 months as opposed to merely not drinking and driving.

Will report back in March/April.

Is that really a problem? Can't eat without a fcuking glass of wine??? Apparently you learned nothing!

I just hope like hell you don't kill someone the next time... And with a comment like that there will no doubt be a "next time".

Always the types out there who enjoy the online forum to dial it up a few notches and come off like a big boy. :icon_thumleft:

Look at sprite's, RD's, and topcarbon's posts for a better way of expressing your same thoughts.

I know someone who was so drunk, he fell asleep in the middle of the street. And, had a hooker in the car who was also asleep from passing out. He is in jail (on other charges).

Oh shit, how did I manage to miss this post???

LOL.

Always the types out there who enjoy the online forum to dial it up a few notches and come off like a big boy. :icon_thumleft:

Look at sprite's, RD's, and topcarbon's posts for a better way of expressing your same thoughts.

Interesting comment. I've found similar behavior in your posts as "Punished." While your 'normal' screenname rarely posts anything negative towards other members (and is actually one of my favorite posters based upon balanced, articulate comments) your new Punished persona is quite a jerk.

Remember you're the one that felt the need to start this thread. Don't be surprised when members post up thoughts both positive and otherwise. At the end of the day I believe you have indeed learned a good life lesson that is going to have a happy ending as you will escape unscathed. Somebody upstairs likes you.

may I ask why did you have to get a different avatar to come and post this "public announcement"?

I think you should've faced up if you wanted to voice your opinion here using your own screen name otherwise don't say anything at all.

may I ask why did you have to get a different avatar to come and post this "public announcement"?

I think you should've faced up if you wanted to voice your opinion here using your own screen name otherwise don't say anything at all.

:iamwithstupid:

I had an accident caused by reckless driving and alcohol, and needed to talk about it and made a thread here in L-Power I received some harsh love, but it was the best decision I made as it helped me a lot...

Drinking and driving is a BIG NO NO , learn your lesson and get on with your life, you where lucky, my sentence was far worse than yours !

Maybe because he thinks that his DA reads Lambo Power and will use the thread as guilt admission... :jackoff:

My opinion is that the One in a 90 Million chance it might happen is not worth hiding behind a mask like you got caught raping a chicken .. :eusa_shhh:

Now it's not like that there is any special interest among LP members to know who is "Punished", it's not like he is the American "Stig"... as far as I'm concerned he can stay "Punished" all he wants..

Now it's not like that there is any special interest among LP members to know who is "Punished", it's not like he is the American "Stig"... as far as I'm concerned he can stay "Punished" all he wants..

Smooth :icon_mrgreen:

To the OP.

I could spend a lot of time explaining what a king dick you have been but by now you should know this. But I am curious as to what point did you think "I should not be doing this?"

Was it getting into your car at the start of the evening knowing you would be having a few drinks?

Was it when you were getting into your car after having a drink?

Was it when you felt the need to consult Roman on legal ramifications ie someone that is not your legal representative because you just felt the need to tell the world?

Was it when you realised you were posting on a motoring website to say "hey guys, don't do something illegal and patently fcuking stupid?"

That said I am very much looking forward to your next public service announcement;

Will it be

Don't shag hookers bareback because they might have aids.

Or

Randomly headbutting policemen is a rather silly idea.