Veyron GT/Grand Prix

Moronzilla

Rob thats cool that you started the 400 drive. I never doubted that you took a car to the 253 mark. I was just questioning the 259.4 mph mark. If the car you have has the governor off then this is easily achievable since the engine has a lot more power to give then what the factory governs it normally

I will say this with a picture......enjoy

post-9296-1258842978_thumb.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just buy one, and I'm sure Bugatti will give you all the info and stuff that you want, and maybe even a NDA to sign.

there is no NDA one must sign--i confirmed this with SVAG that have sold several Veyrons

Rob thats cool that you started the 400 drive. I never doubted that you took a car to the 253 mark. I was just questioning the 259.4 mph mark. If the car you have has the governor off then this is easily achievable since the engine has a lot more power to give then what the factory governs it normally

I will say this with a picture......enjoy

Topcarbon, you are far too kind. You should have posted this pic instead.

Eat_shit_and_die_sign__by_fanton.jpg

Topcarbon, you are far too kind. You should have posted this pic instead.

Eat_shit_and_die_sign__by_fanton.jpg

Why the personal attack or insults ? Keep it up and you are going on vacation.

Personally I think it is a shame that when Rob posts he has to defend himself against silly little attacks and mis-information.

Which is a poor indicator for what this forum represents.

well Rob stated that the SLR did 212 with the tailwind, although we know the SLR's top speed is 207. So its clear that even without any extra power, a 5 mph discreptancy is possible. This makes the 259 mph feasible whether or not the car is stock.

Personally I think it is a shame that when Rob posts he has to defend himself against silly little attacks and mis-information.

Which is a poor indicator for what this forum represents.

I disagree. I think it is good that we question things on this forum. If I made any kind of claim I would welcome questioning . As long as it is not done in a personal attack but rather questioning numbers I see no problems with that. We were not there so its hard to say if he did or not do 259. We all have the right to question. Some will take it as word and yet others may question it. I see nothing wrong with that. I respect people's input in this situation as well as the input that people put in several other threads on this forum. So as far as I am concerned the debate on 259 is over. Those that want to believe will do so and those that don't wont. They have the right to do so on this forum and any forum for that matter.

As far as what started this thread the "Veyron GT" --we will just have to wait and see. Maybe Robs Veyron has more power maybe it does not but as far as an actual Veyron GT goes there is not one out yet in private hands so lets see what the future of Bug has to offer...

I disagree. I think it is good that we question things on this forum. If I made any kind of claim I would welcome questioning . As long as it is not done in a personal attack but rather questioning numbers I see no problems with that. We were not there so its hard to say if he did or not do 259. We all have the right to question. Some will take it as word and yet others may question it. I see nothing wrong with that. I respect people's input in this situation as well as the input that people put in several other threads on this forum. So as far as I am concerned the debate on 259 is over. Those that want to believe will do so and those that don't wont. They have the right to do so on this forum and any forum for that matter.

As far as what started this thread the "Veyron GT" --we will just have to wait and see. Maybe Robs Veyron has more power maybe it does not but as far as an actual Veyron GT goes there is not one out yet in private hands so lets see what the future of Bug has to offer...

Agreed. It is extremely important to question claims. AS LONG AS, it is done is a respectful and appreciative way that is pursuing knowledge and not being a total ass-hat about it.

In regard to Rob's car, I believe him. He's never given me a reason noT too about his car. On a related note. I talked to multiple dealers about the issue and multiples have told me that the car can do 274MPH+ from the factory with a simple ECU tweak and new set of tires.

A new set of tires? What tires!??! I dont think they make any that would fit and allow it to!

new as in brand new, not a new compound.

well, I think that is what he meant.

Finally got to look at those photos freakzilla posted on the initiation of this thread.

Its my speculation only of course, but it looks to me that its an owner tweaking with his car. Those don't look like any bugatti employees I know of. Its either diagnostic tools you see exposed there, or they are doing their own aftermarket modification. Of course, it would void the warranty...

But I do know there is a young fellow (who looks a lot like the tank top kid in the car) -- an 18 year old whose father is a uber-wealthy fellow in Russia. Supposedly was the youngest person to own a Veyron out of the factory (should be 20 by now). In their case, a Veyron is chump change, and they wouldn't be as intent of keeping warranty.

4048026474_8129ba6e6e_b.jpg

Take note the hole in the grille -- its where the tow cable gets connected. It means that its been towed before, for one reason or another.

QUOTE (R o b @ Nov 23 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4048026474_8129ba6e6e_b.jpg

Take note the hole in the grille -- its where the tow cable gets connected. It means that its been towed before, for one reason or another.

These is "infact" a mule car not a customer car being messed with

This car along with another has been spotted being tested by the factory in various

places for the supposed GT upgrade in hp

here are a few more pics for you

image_01.jpg

image_02.jpg

image_04.jpg

image_03.jpg

image_05.jpg

image_06.jpg

These is "infact" a mule car not a customer car being messed with

This car along with another has been spotted being tested by the factory in various

places for the supposed GT upgrade in hp

here are a few more pics for you

image_03.jpg

What happened to the dash???

What happened to the dash???

Can't answer for sure but most likely testing equipment was placed there

and taken on and off for various reasons

notice this mule Veyron also has a hole in the grill

image_05.jpg

not following this but from my understanding the pictures posted above about some site reporting a Veyron GT in Germany ?

there is no official GT version out yet !

not following this but from my understanding the pictures posted above about some site reporting a Veyron GT in Germany ?

there is no official GT version out yet !

You are correct it is not yet out--pictures are of the rumored GT in testing

Too many people are just taking his video as fact. Where is the proof of it going 259.4 mph??? Yes

there is a little blurb on the video but there is no recorded record of that speed. No speedo shot, no radar, no track confirmation. Yes he owns a Veyron but for gods sake it is just a regular Veyron not the so called GT. So can it go fast? Hell yes it can--can it go 259 plus hell no!!!!

Hey man, how do you know for a fact what Rob's car can or can't do? I'm assuming that since you're such an expert, you MUST either be

a ) Personally involved with VW on the development and testing of these cars

b ) A mechanic or tech who has worked on Rob's car

c ) A fellow Veyron owner who requested (but was denied) a car with more power

or

d ) Someone who actually recorded and/or processed the data from his run(s)

If you answered none of the above, you really don't have enough knowledge to call "BS" on someone who IS an actual owner and is VERY involved with the company in the testing and performance of these cars. Just because you did a google seach or went to wikipedia, certainly does not make you an expert on this subject. There are many "in transit, working" test cars. What a better way to derive data, than to use a customers' vehicle that actually drives the car to its limits. I have a good friend who has all sorts of extras on his Spyker that he's testing for the factory that are very hush hush.

Since you are questioning the credentials of others, what exactly are yours? Which exotics do you own? What type of automotive training do you have? What makes you qualified to "call BS" on others?

Hey man, how do you know for a fact what Rob's car can or can't do? I'm assuming that since you're such an expert, you MUST either be

or

If you answered none of the above, you really don't have enough knowledge to call "BS" on someone who IS an actual owner and is VERY involved with the company in the testing and performance of these cars. Just because you did a google seach or went to wikipedia, certainly does not make you an expert on this subject. There are many "in transit, working" test cars. What a better way to derive data, than to use a customers' vehicle that actually drives the car to its limits. I have a good friend who has all sorts of extras on his Spyker that he's testing for the factory that are very hush hush.

Since you are questioning the credentials of others, what exactly are yours? Which exotics do you own? What type of automotive training do you have? What makes you qualified to "call BS" on others?

:iamwithstupid:

or

Dude we have already ended this debate a loooong time ago you are a little late...

What makes you so qualified to say its true?

Were you there? I doubt it....

End of story!!!!