Worlds Most Expensive Homes

Rix

That place is my fav!

Really? I've been to Portobello once and honestly I didn't care for it one bit. Great piece of land but not my gig.

I'm with Skokos, anything over 10k is just wasted space unless you have a few massive rooms and like to entertain hundreds of people at a time. Personally, if there are ever hundreds of people in my home it's probably going to be my funeral. They sure won't be there by open invite lol

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That place is always for sale...

That's because it's priced at at least 3 times what it's worth. I love that place, but the price in beyond insane.

I would hate myself living in any of the homes posted. I would feel guilty everyday.

My dream house is 9600 sqft and even that is more room then I will ever use..

How could someone feel "at home" in a 100k sqft house?

My friend owns a 30,000 sqft mansion im sure some of you remember the pool party pics I showed you guys.

There are room in the house that dont have furniture in it. The master bedroom has so much room in it I dont think I could ever fall asleep. The house feels like a museum. I feel bad for people who think they have to have the biggest to be the best. Spend your money as you like but thats not for me.

:iamwithstupid:

Exactly Rob! Those giant houses are insane, purely ego driven. There's no possible way anyone can use all that space.

Don't know if I'd go that far, I mean suppose we see a guy with a huge garage, say twenty exotic cars, and someone said, "Those giant garages are insane, purely ego-driven. There's no possible way anyone can have use for all those cars!" Or a Lambo itself: "Those high-horsepower, high-speed sports cars are insane, purely ego-driven, there's no possible way anyone can have use for that vehicle :) Although I agree anything above 50,000 sqft is probably only for ego.

Don't know if I'd go that far, I mean suppose we see a guy with a huge garage, say twenty exotic cars, and someone said, "Those giant garages are insane, purely ego-driven. There's no possible way anyone can have use for all those cars!" Or a Lambo itself: "Those high-horsepower, high-speed sports cars are insane, purely ego-driven, there's no possible way anyone can have use for that vehicle :) Although I agree anything above 50,000 sqft is probably only for ego.

Walk around a 15k sq/ft house and tell me anyone that doesn't have 10 people living there needs that much space.

10k you can make comfortably livable, big rooms, wide hallways, theater room, small gym area, office, etc and you're pretty much there without it feeling like an office building.

I never understood the desire to 14 bedrooms and 20 bathrooms. I have to think there are entire floors of a home that size that don't see footprints other than the cleaning staff.

A 2k sq/ft master bedroom/bath/closet is pretty legit though :D

The house in India looks like a hotel.

Exactly what I was thinking too.... Looks like a last minute hotel expansion..... or some someone got inspired by Jenga building blocks.

Walk around a 15k sq/ft house and tell me anyone that doesn't have 10 people living there needs that much space.

10k you can make comfortably livable, big rooms, wide hallways, theater room, small gym area, office, etc and you're pretty much there without it feeling like an office building.

I never understood the desire to 14 bedrooms and 20 bathrooms. I have to think there are entire floors of a home that size that don't see footprints other than the cleaning staff.

A 2k sq/ft master bedroom/bath/closet is pretty legit though

I completely agree, but I'd say it isn't based on needs, but on likes and wants, although in general, I would say buy something if you truly want it, not for ego purposes. Like don't buy a huge home unless it's something you really want, not to show up your friends or anything.

A 2k sq/ft master bedroom/bath/closet is pretty legit though :D

you are 100% correct, I've built a house thats 1440 sqm 15,500 sq/ft the main bedroom with ancillaries is about 1,500 sq/ft if the house is not open plan there will be rooms that you never go into.

My house is very open so we use most of it on daily basis, the only rooms we aren't using daily are the two guests bedrooms having said all that next house that I will build for us will be smaller.

I can not picture a place that's 10 times bigger than my house, no family in this world needs a house as big as that.

I would hate myself living in any of the homes posted. I would feel guilty everyday.

My dream house is 9600 sqft and even that is more room then I will ever use..

How could someone feel "at home" in a 100k sqft house?

My friend owns a 30,000 sqft mansion im sure some of you remember the pool party pics I showed you guys.

There are room in the house that dont have furniture in it. The master bedroom has so much room in it I dont think I could ever fall asleep. The house feels like a museum. I feel bad for people who think they have to have the biggest to be the best. Spend your money as you like but thats not for me.

but your house that you have now looks pretty ample to me (you sill have that place in SLC right?)

i however only have a small house, just short of 3,000 sqft, and to be honest its already got 2 rooms i dont use.

but your house that you have now looks pretty ample to me (you sill have that place in SLC right?)

i however only have a small house, just short of 3,000 sqft, and to be honest its already got 2 rooms i dont use.

I am coming over, that's one room gone :icon_mrgreen:

your idea of "small house" and "average" houses are just from different planet from what I am used to.

If I had all the money in the world I dont think my house would be more than 10000sqft.

That is, very modern architecturally stunning house, including one audiovisual studio room, sauna and pool area, little gym, hometheater, loft style lounge, large kitchen, 10 car garage and masterbedroom, few guest/children rooms and thats it.

But I would be perfectly happy to live in anything between 1500-3000sqft.

having said all that next house that I will build for us will be smaller.

Of the people I know with homes over 10k, I would say 75% of them feel the same way. Next round they will downsize to something more manageable, that doesn't hemorrhage cash like Lindsay Lohan on a coke binge. Dropping $8-10k per month on W/G/E plus maintenance would get old.

The Razor is pretty awesome! And here's a neighbor's home on the same strip less than a mile away in La Jolla. Also for sale. Owned by Ron Burkle. Price $36MM, 26,000sq.ft

23732152cg9.jpg

23732155rz1.jpg

Guest skokos

Theres a BIG difference between 5700 sq/ft which was mostly bedrooms and 57,000 sq/ft

Like I said,the house I really like is 9,600 sq/ft and all the added space is just fun things like a home theater,bigger living room,bigger kitchen,more open master suite..It has a indoor basketball court but besides that the house could still be "livable".

Much bigger and then your just trying to build space for having space.

Much bigger and then your just trying to build space for having space.

Or...possibly because they have to live with all their in-laws. :eusa_wall: :tyson: This isn't uncommon for many Asian cultures. In this case, 100k sqft isn't even enough space.

http://www.1474bluejayway.com/index.html

sight after the dusk is amazing.

That's 3 houses down from the one I'm considering renting. :icon_thumleft: I'm touring the home this weekend. Nice houses on this block, but it seems quite crowded.

Anyone familiar with this particular area in town?

I agree with you. I would even say 4-5 places would be enough and then spend the rest on........ cars ( y chichas linda ) !!!

:iamwithstupid:

This is wrong. In London, both Mittal and Ecclestone's houses are worth more than these sums......in sterling! When is enough...enough? Pretty sick.