Mayweather Pacquiao - Fight is on!

Swil

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been a boxing fan for 25 years and probably haven't paid for a fight in the last 10. This one I will pay for happily, because god knows when we'll see two fighters of this caliber (and still in their prime) actually fight each other again.

As much as you have to love Pacquiao, my money is on Mayweather by decision.

Have been a boxing fan for 25 years and probably haven't paid for a fight in the last 10. This one I will pay for happily, because god knows when we'll see two fighters of this caliber (and still in their prime) actually fight each other again.

As much as you have to love Pacquiao, my money is on Mayweather by decision.

I agree. But Floyd had better be ready to work harder than he ever has in his entire life in a fight. Manny is going to drag Floyd into deep dark places he's never seen in the ring. We will see once and for all what Money May is made of. We already know what Manny is about, he's gonna bring it at 200mph. I still feel we haven't seen "all" of Floyd in the ring. We will finally see what all those years of defensive training and protect strategy by his dad and uncle was preparing him for...

Leonard/Hearns all over again.

I think he wants this fight more than Money.

I don't know about that.......Considering Floyd agreed to whatever terms TWO days before they could even locate Manny in the Philippines. Word is, he said "fcuk it 50-50 Im in, the little man wants it, he can come get it". Money May might be a little irritated at the fanfare Pacman has gotten since his absence.

I'm not really into boxing much, but at the gym yesterday ESPN radio was on as soon as the news update guy broke this story, EVERYONE racked their iron and started debating how the fight would go. It was pretty damn amusing, like a bunch of giddy schoolgirls.

I have been waiting for this for awhile, I thought May was gonna chicken out to stay undefeated.

This is definitely not going to be a 1 off fight, I expect to see at least 2 more rematches after this.

I have been waiting for this for awhile, I thought May was gonna chicken out to stay undefeated.

This is definitely not going to be a 1 off fight, I expect to see at least 2 more rematches after this.

Why would he chicken out, he came back FOR this fight. Why else do you think he picked Marquez as his warm-up?? Marquez is the only guy in the last 10 years to seriously challenge Manny (I still think Marquez WON the last fight in '07). The comeback was all by plan.

If Manny wins, maybe a re-match. I think if Mayweather wins, he'll be done with Manny. And he just might retire for good... Any more fighting just gets him closer to blemishing his status as one of the All-time best. Pacquiao is the opponent he needs to catapult himself into "legendary" status. No one will be able to argue that, if he beats Manny. I think that is his motivation.

Floyd Mayweather, to this day, has NOT been considered one of the best ever by the "Boxing Experts". They all say until he beats a real publically considerd champion he'll just be one fo the best ofhis era. But to consider him the Sugar Ray, Hagler, Hearns status; he's just not there yet. Emmanuel Stewart says that every Floyd fight, and he's seen then all in person. He trained Muhammad Ali... Floyd believes he IS at that level, and that's the chip on Floyd's shoulder. MANNY is Floyd ticket to Greatness, I don't see any issues with motivation. The only thing we haven't seen from Floyd is if he can go through the fire and have the heart to deal with a relentless Pacquiao. floyd typically dictates the pace, manny wont let him. Manny could possibly out work floyd to the point of quitting, (like Manny did with Cotto). Floyd could possibly confuse Manny to the point of not punching (like he did with Marquez). I can't wait for this fight...

Well said! I just wasn't totally convinced, I totally agree with everything your saying(unfortunately even the 07 fight). I just thought if he was serious about it after his win with Marquez and Pacquiao's win over Cotto I would've seen him all over town with his big mouth talking about how he wants it so badly with Pacquiao, not a "whatever if he wants to fight me let's split it 50/50" cause really and truthfully Pacquiao has never really called him out all he ever says is "I'll fight whoever my promoters want me to fight". I get the impression May is scared.

Well said! I just wasn't totally convinced, I totally agree with everything your saying(unfortunately even the 07 fight). I just thought if he was serious about it after his win with Marquez and Pacquiao's win over Cotto I would've seen him all over town with his big mouth talking about how he wants it so badly with Pacquiao, not a "whatever if he wants to fight me let's split it 50/50" cause really and truthfully Pacquiao has never really called him out all he ever says is "I'll fight whoever my promoters want me to fight". I get the impression May is scared.

After the last fight, they asked PBF (pretty boy floyd), why he wasn't as boisterous this time around leading up to Marquez. He simply said,"I'm at the point where I don't need to do that anymore, my Mom said I'm too old for that and it makes me look like a thug. I'm all about business inside and outside the ring now."

OK Floyd, let's just hope your killer instinct hasn't suffered from that as well. Like it did, Roy Jones.

On a side note, I'm so disappointed in Roy, he could've KILLED Calzaghe when he had him hurt in the 1st round, instead of just "enjoying the moment/big stage". Hopkins will put Roy in a coffin if they really get that signed. WE SHOULD HAVE A SPORTS SECTION.

LOL, this guy(Mayweather) is such a chump! My mommy said I look like a thug so I'm gonna use that as an excuse, but yet do you see the foolishness he is trying to get into in rap music? Not that I care but he went to the Pacquiao Cotto fight with Rick Ross's baby mother and son because him and Rick Ross have "beef". What a lame I hope Pacquiao demolishes him and it is a funny looking ko like when Zab Judah first got knocked out(remember that one I couldn't stop laughing).

I concur I think we do need a sport section lol.