2010 F1 thread

capt_chaos

Schumacher is back that's all it matters!

Should be the one of the best seasons in F1 history.

and hold on, Bruno Senna? Is he the newphew of "THE SENNA"?

Yes nephew of THE Senna. Lots of good drivers this year. Hulkenberg was a GP2 driver and is EXTREMELY well talented. As is Kobe, who came in late last season as a fill-in.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Senna once said, His nephew will be faster than him WOW.

Yeah... I've heard that quote before.

Here's a clip of Bruno Senna doing a stint on Fifth Gear.

You gotta put Senna's quotes into perspective. The man died in 94, 16 years ago. Bruno was how old? Shit, I'd say my son is going to be more impressive than me.

BTW:

2010santa2010120213638.jpg

2010drivujferrariimage1.jpg

f1-2010-gen-xp-0040.jpg

f1-2010-gen-xp-0076.jpg

f1-2010-gen-xp-0077.jpg

f1-2010-gen-xp-0092.jpg

f1-2010-gen-xp-0076.jpg

f1-2010-gen-xp-0077.jpg

f1-2010-gen-xp-0092.jpg

Quick heads up this isn't the new Benz car, it is a repainted Brawn car. Just showing the silver bullet paint that will dominate the car. It's first appearance will be on Feb. 1 testing in Valencia Spain.

BAR Honda and Brawn is now formally rebranded as Mercedes GP Petronas.

Source:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100125/F1/100129962

The former BAR, Honda and Brawn team was formally rebranded as Mercedes GP Petronas at an event in Stuttgart on Monday.

However, the new MGP W01 car was not present. Instead, a repainted Brawn was used to demonstrate the silver livery that will be carried by the first full Mercedes F1 car since 1955.

The new car will run for the first time in Valencia, Spain, on Feb. 1, alongside the new models from McLaren, Ferrari, Sauber and Renault.

The Stuttgart event was also the first public appearance from Michael Schumacher.

“Finally, the 2010 Formula One season is firing up,” said the German in a team statement. “I have to say that I am totally committed to this new challenge. This season feels like a restart for me, and I am so motivated."

His teammate, Nico Rosberg, said: “You can really feel the successful motorsport history of Mercedes-Benz here at the museum in Stuttgart, and to be part of the new Silver Arrows team and that racing heritage makes me feel extremely proud and motivated. Since joining the team in November, I have spent a lot of time at the factory in Brackley, at Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines in Brixworth and here in Stuttgart, which has given me the opportunity to settle in and get to know everyone.”

Team boss Ross Brawn said: “Our team has been working extremely hard throughout last year and over the winter on the development of the MGP W01, and everyone at the team is looking forward to the start of testing in Valencia next week.”

For more F1 racing news and reports, click here.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100125/F...2#ixzz0df9s3w0W

So lets look at some odds

2010 Drivers Championship (18:00)

Drivers Championship

Hamilton, L 5/2

Kubica, R 25/1

Sutil, A 100/1

Schumacher M 4/1

Heidfeld, N 40/1

Glock, T 150/1

Alonso, F 4/1

Barrichello, R 40/1

Fisichella, G 150/1

Vettel, S 13/2

Hulkenburg, N 50/1

Kovalainen, H 150/1

Button, J 7/1

Senna, B 80/1

Buemi, S 250/1

Massa, F 9/1

Kobayashi, K 80/1

Nakajima, K 500/1

Rosberg, N 14/1

Trulli, J 100/1

Webber, M 16/1

Piquet, N 1000/1

Odd that bookies taking odds on Piquet given that he crashing elsewhere.

Also

USF1 SAY "SHOW ME THE MONEY"

USF1 have given a firm indication that their main aim is to stay in business for 2010. They look set to announce Jose Maria Lopez as their first driver in a press conference in Argentina on Monday.

Lopez, is a former Renault test driver and has won domestic series, but more importantly, he has $5m courtesy of some big backers in Argentina.

Team boss Peter Windsor used to have the general post of team manager at Williams and has maintained a friendship with ex-Williams driver Carlos Reutemann through the years. Reutemann is now a leading politician in Argentina and has been instrumental in putting the funding package together for Lopez, who will receive a degree of government backing along with other Argentinian sponsors.

The height (or should we say the shallows) of USF1's ambitions will now be determined by their next driver choice. Lopez has so little experience of F1 they will need someone to set the car up and if they choose another pay-to-drive driver, then all they're aiming for is to survive the season.

There had been rumours of YouTube getting involved and maybe sponsoring a US driver of merit, but at this rate, the only in-car footage they'll get to show from their car is of the Campos Meta rear wing some way in the distance.

And the most riduclous rumour in the off season

Did anyone believe Valentino Rossi when he said he was trying out a Ferrari F1 car for fun and had no intention to start an F1 career? Certainly the times he put in this week at the Circuit de Catalunya have shown that he has learnt a lot on the Ferrari simulator and can now put it into practice.

The MotoGP champion set a time of 1m21.900s during a qualifying simulation late on Thursday afternoon and although meaningful comparisons are impossible, it looked pretty good to us.

Rossi was using a 2008 Ferrari chassis fitted with GP2 specification slick tyres. Kimi Raikkonen took pole for the 2008 grid with a 1m21.813s. Kimi had the four-groove tyres which would have slowed him, and the car would not have been as developed for an early-season race as it would have been by the end of the year, but he would have had a much much cleaner track to race on.

So, Ferrari's glut of potential drivers continues. Felipe Massa got into the car the day after and completed 400km of running. Surprisingly Ferrari didn't release any times for Massa, having been quite happy to release times for the 'bit of fun' Valentino was having the day before. You'd think it would be the other way round.

Could it be Ferrari want to sign Valentino to a deal before the world realises how good he could be? He's got nothing left to prove in Moto GP and, like the return of Schumi, it would send F1 viewing figures soaring. The 2010 'Silly Season' has started before the 2010 season!

Years on Rossi's contract = One.

Facts in bold = None

So lets look at some odds

2010 Drivers Championship (18:00)

Drivers Championship

Hamilton, L 5/2

Kubica, R 25/1

Sutil, A 100/1

Schumacher M 4/1

Heidfeld, N 40/1

Glock, T 150/1

Alonso, F 4/1

Barrichello, R 40/1

Fisichella, G 150/1

Vettel, S 13/2

Hulkenburg, N 50/1

Kovalainen, H 150/1

Button, J 7/1

Senna, B 80/1

Buemi, S 250/1

Massa, F 9/1

Kobayashi, K 80/1

Nakajima, K 500/1

Rosberg, N 14/1

Trulli, J 100/1

Webber, M 16/1

Piquet, N 1000/1

Odd that bookies taking odds on Piquet given that he crashing elsewhere.

Also

And the most riduclous rumour in the off season

Years on Rossi's contract = One.

Facts in bold = None

Interesting news on Rossi, he seems like he'd fit in well with the F1 world. Just from some simple and brief observations. Who knows though.

Interesting news on Rossi, he seems like he'd fit in well with the F1 world. Just from some simple and brief observations. Who knows though.

He ruled it out himself a few years ago because he said he was too old.

Then This 14 days ago

Well he has not got younger and has talked only about Ducati if Yamaha do not sort themself out.

Click

Now the rumours are not new for this but still the prospect of three world championships for three companies?

He ruled it out himself a few years ago because he said he was too old.

Then This 14 days ago

Well he has not got younger and has talked only about Ducati if Yamaha do not sort themself out.

Click

Now the rumours are not new for this but still the prospect of three world championships for three companies?

Hard to believe "the doctor" is 30 years old now! Man, time flies, like him on a bike.

The North Carolina-based US team have confirmed that Jose Maria Lopez will race for them this season. Lopez, who has previously tested for Renault, will be the 24th Argentine Formula One driver in the history of the world championship.

Interesting move for USF1, they pick up a kid (26 years old) who tested in F1, in F3000 retired more than he had podium finishes, 3:2, never achieving higher than 3rd.

Then moved to GP2 where in two years (44 races) he had six podium finishes and 18 retires, biggest stretch was four races in a row.

Granted he was back to back champion in the TC2000 series (08-09), but I don't know if this bodes well for USF1. The last time he was in an F1 car was 2005?

We shall see.

Sources:

Article:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/1/10363.html

Racing Record(s):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Maria_Lopez

http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/106/career/

Interesting news on Rossi, he seems like he'd fit in well with the F1 world.

You don't know what you're talking about. Rossi is the biggest mismatch for F1 in HISTORY. The kind of shit he pulls in MotoGP would have gotten him shot in F1 before ever driving onto a grid.

We're talking about one of the most personality laden people in Motorsport, F1 has been full of dull robots since Montoya left.

There are way too many rules and regulations prohibiting Rossi from doing what he loves to do the most, entertain.

This man is a child of 30 years of age, and putting him in F1 would be like caging a wild animal.

You don't know what you're talking about. Rossi is the biggest mismatch for F1 in HISTORY. The kind of shit he pulls in MotoGP would have gotten him shot in F1 before ever driving onto a grid.

We're talking about one of the most personality laden people in Motorsport, F1 has been full of dull robots since Montoya left.

There are way too many rules and regulations prohibiting Rossi from doing what he loves to do the most, entertain.

This man is a child of 30 years of age, and putting him in F1 would be like caging a wild animal.

I may not know what I talk of, but my few observations of his attitude he seems like he would fit in well with the playboys and what not. That was my point.

I dont think you can put the best there ever was.....and hype in the same sentence can you?

In the case of his comeback, honestly one formerly reputed reliable news source actually likened it to the second coming of the messiah.

He is 41. He has taken some time off and picked up injuries, he is in a keen car with a the real genius in F1 as his boss so I am looking forward to what happens in the next few days testing.

I did have a snigger at the Petronas linkup... their motor racing record is not brilliant, see Mr Fogarty's race team.

I think I am going to put some money on Alonso to win.

The new Mclaren

f1-2010-gen-tm-0258.jpg

f1-2010-gen-tm-0216.jpg

How are these long cars going to get around Monaco's La Rascasse. It's going to be like that scene in Austin Powers.

well testing day one was today and the covers came off for a few cars.

The most interesting is the Merc. Really sculpted shape, looks amazing.

http://www.planetf1.com/Gallery_Detail/0,1...5908994,00.html

Testing pictures here and here

Shoe-maker handed Rosberg his backside today but I think he was running light fuel loads to get into the newspapers.

Some results from Valencia, day one:

1. F. Massa (Ferrari F10), 1m12,574s (102 laps)

2. P. de la Rosa (Sauber C29-Ferrari), 1m12,784s (74)

3. M. Schumacher (Mercedes MGP W01), 1m12,947s (40)

4. N. Rosberg (Mercedes MGP W01), 1m13,543s (39)

5. G. Paffett (McLaren MP4-25-Mercedes), 1m13,846s (66)

6. R. Barrichello (Williams FW32-Cosworth), 1m14,449s (75)

7. S. Buemi (Toro Rosso STR5-Ferrari), 1m14,762s (18)

8. R. Kubica (Renault R30), 1m15,000s (69)

Today:

Massa 1m11.722;

Kobayashi 1m12.056;

Hamilton 1m12.256;

Kubica 1m12.426;

Rosberg 1m12.899;

Barrichello 1m13.377;

Buemi 1m13.823

Tomorrow, the Chin vs Button vs Alonso.

Schumacher given the day off today. Hmm I know his neck is going to be sore but surely that says something about his fitness?

Didn't he break his back in a motorcycle accident? That may have some bearing on his fitness and physical limitations.