Mr. Cabron's Forbes Diablo thread

topcabron

Shame on the car...I was there as well with Jason. I had 4 cars in the Auctio. 3 sold prior to the storm and where out of my control. One left, was a 1970 Challanger 440 6 pack 4 speed..

It was damaged as well...I just had them run it threw and donated the proceeds of the sale to the local Fire and Police Officers Guild. I got a high bid and sold for $60K...

Sorry for your loss Jason...but it was nice meeting you face to face finaly...

Roy

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

TC vs Allan, wow this was funny.

Man I really need to stop working so much and read L-P more often.

What's next? Allan vs. Abolfaz? How about Allan vs. the Republicans - we Dems need you finding the fight Allan!!

What is finally happening, is it being auctioned/Repaired?

Well, I am done with the car, the insurance paid out hassle free.

The car is scheduled for auction some time to be announced.

Here is the link: auction site

The insurance adjuster feels this car will go for big money (I laugh) in Europe because the standard of repair is lower along with labor costs. Add the convenience of parts that are more readily available, and off she goes.

Honestly, there is a lot of damage and lots of parts needed. You will have to cut the top off and pound it to submission. Glass damage based on estimates from please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors(<<<wtf?) total over $15000. Yikes. So, adding cost of the car, at least $60K in repairs, time, salvage/rebuilt title, this will be a sinker.

Honestly, there is a lot of damage and lots of parts needed. You will have to cut the top off and pound it to submission. Glass damage based on estimates from please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors(

Jason I am in no means about to disagree about the extent of the damages.

However I truly doubt that one will have to cut the top off to fix the damages with the roof.

There are ways to do these sort of repairs that do not require such extremes in my opinion.

Best of luck, Vic

Jason I am in no means about to disagree about the extent of the damages.

However I truly doubt that one will have to cut the top off to fix the damages with the roof.

There are ways to do these sort of repairs that do not require such extremes in my opinion.

Best of luck, Vic

Your correct. I know of a AAR Cuda that was rolled. The body man beat & filed the roof, and used little bondo. It looks like it never happened, from the inside without a headliner and the outside.

never had the roof done, so you are probably right. Just seems that that is the only way to do the repair correctly. But, like I said, I have no hands on experience. Hope it goes to a home that will restore/repair it to its former condition.

Uhhhh yeah dude.... Sorry.. Time to face reality.. The FORBES Diablo has been a eyesore to the Lambo community since it arrived... Its spent its entire life being passed from dealer to dealer . Ive known this car for a LONG LONG time. When it was in the hands of private owners it was bought for far below the price of a normal Diablo @ the time.. The guy who you bought the car from paid less than what you paid for it.... And you paid less than 71k..... So what did you think.. you slapped some wheels on it and took the wing off and miraculously the car became an Icon? Come to grips... car was hideous... Your old yellow car was 10X what this car is...

I have to agree with Allan's Lambo , this car is no great loss to the Lambo world . The best thing any one can do when they fix it is change the color .

I inquired on another post several months ago what the Forbe's connection was and never recieved a reply . I now feel insulted by the lack of response , that some one would think that POS was so famous I must be clueless for asking .

It amazes me some rich guy orders a distatefully colored car because it's the color of money !? And then someone would try to bullshit the Lambo community into believing it's some rare collectors piece ? We didn't get where we are by being bullshitted !

The day that thing got totalled was one of the luckiest days of carbon's life . He would have owned that piece in perpetuity .

It's good to be good but always better to be lucky .

Guest skokos
I have to agree with Allan's Lambo , this car is no great loss to the Lambo world . The best thing any one can do when they fix it is change the color .

I inquired on another post several months ago what the Forbe's connection was and never recieved a reply . I now feel insulted by the lack of response , that some one would think that POS was so famous I must be clueless for asking .

It amazes me some rich guy orders a distatefully colored car because it's the color of money !? And then someone would try to bullshit the Lambo community into believing it's some rare collectors piece ? We didn't get where we are by being bullshitted !

The day that thing got totalled was one of the luckiest days of carbon's life . He would have owned that piece in perpetuity .

:eusa_think:

killer_kitty.JPG

so you feel butt hurt. Im am sorry you feel the way you do.

POS? and what do you drive that you feel so privileged to look down and judge from your glass house.

post up some pics so we can all be impressed.

so you feel butt hurt. Im am sorry you feel the way you do.

POS? and what do you drive that you feel so privileged to look down and judge from your glass house.

post up some pics so we can all be impressed.

4x champ has a Murci spyder and did own countacks back in the day. He's actually not a bad guy.

Here's the info on the forbes Diablo http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Forbes+diablo

It may seem Topcarbon's bellyacheing about the car is out of

proportion to his true love for it, but in reality only he knows.

LOL....well it was owned by malcolm forbes. It may very well have had those tendencies!

Actually the Forbes Diablo has far more of a gay background..

It may seem Topcarbon's bellyacheing about the car is out of

proportion to his true love for it.]

Aint that the truth